How to kill the treachorous stig

My problem is with Wilman himself who has lost tremendous face with this blog post (there has been a considerable backlash against his comments, with many media correspondents in daily newspapers coming out against him).

Nah, I don't think so. It seemed like a passionate blog post and done a bit in the heat of the moment, yes, but not in a negative way. If anything, it came across as brutally honest and devoid of superficial BS. So as for losing face, etc, that's certainly not the comments you get among the fans.

(there has been a considerable backlash against his comments, with many media correspondents in daily newspapers coming out against him).

Remember that the media loves to sensationalize. They will milk this for all it's worth.

"I would also gladly volunteer to help administer, erm...punishment, should EllieZee need a stand-in.

{ evil laugh }"

:D

ETA: Can some kind mod/guardian angel change the spelling in the thread title to "treacherous"? The incorrect spelling is torturing the OCD/whatever in me each time I see it. *cringe*

Last edited:
"I would also gladly volunteer to help administer, erm...punishment, should EllieZee need a stand-in.

{ evil laugh }"

:D

ETA: Can some kind mod/guardian angel change the spelling in the thread title to "treacherous"? The incorrect spelling is torturing the OCD/whatever in me each time I see it. *cringe*

strangely enough i didn't notice it until your post mentioned it. guess that shows how much i pay attention.

I don't judge; I mind my own spelling, grammar and such, so no one ought to "worry" that I've been judging them, K? It's just with the amount I've been posting in here, it keeps sticking out like a sore thumb and makes my brain cells smart a wee bit with each post.

I don't judge; I mind my own spelling, grammar and such, so no one ought to "worry" that I've been judging them, K? It's just with the amount I've been posting in here, it keeps sticking out like a sore thumb and makes my brain cells smart a wee bit with each post.

ah, i kill my brain cells with beer so i don't... um... notice... those thingy's. where's that beer i put down?

You are perfectly entitled to that opinion. However, unlike yourself, I as a television owning resident of the UK contribute directly, through a monthly mandate drawn on my current account, to the Top Gear production budget.

If this is really about Wilman's bruised ego attempting to prevent losing artistic control over a fairy story then I'd be justifiably offended that my money had been spent for that purpose. However I'd have let it pass as an amusing folly if he'd just kept his gob shut and I'd never seen that side of him.

Anyhoo, the courts have since found against Wilman and the BBC, so that tells us something about the veracity of Wilman's statements....

christ, the amount of people who whinge about the licence fee is rediculous. It works out cheaper than the sun/notw, or the daily mail/mail on sunday, and it's far better value. And Top Gear would be SHIT on commercial tv. Besides that, as a licence fee payer, I don't want anybody but TV people to say what gets made, got normal people haven't got a clue how to make good tv.

anyways, don't go criticising Wilman for protecting HIS intellectual property. Clarkson and Wilman came up with the Stig, it belongs to them and the BBC. And they get first rights on profiting from it. Oh, and we quite like Wilman here.

oh..... fuck....

erm... NO! :p It will stay like that,

Hmmm. I'm inclined to disagree. If anything Wilman has shown himself up as a tad delusional. He'd have been better keeping a dignified silence over the matter.

Like everyone else here I respect your opinion but I don't like it much. People should live up to their word. The-nameless-one did not. It does not matter what the subject if you give your word you should keep it. I agree with GreenBullet on the artistic angle of it.

christ, the amount of people who whinge about the licence fee is ridiculous.
The number of people who pay the licence fee runs into tens of millions. If you believe in democracy then you would agree that their opinions count!

And Top Gear would be SHIT on commercial tv.
..and doesn't Wilman know it. He thinks he should have the ultimate say in artistic control yet enjoys the protection afforded to him by a state-funded TV station.

If he has the courage of his convictions then maybe he should run with the pack and package the whole lot off to Channel 5.

Then again.....

Last edited:
The number of people who pay the licence fee runs into tens of millions. If you believe in democracy then you would agree that their opinions count!

If complaints by tens of payers matter more than tens of millions of payers not complaining then it wouldn't really be democracy now, would it?

You are perfectly entitled to that opinion. However, unlike yourself, I as a television owning resident of the UK contribute directly, through a monthly mandate drawn on my current account, to the Top Gear production budget.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You just lost all respect and credibility on any further arguments on the issue!!!!! (And most people who pull out that argument never go well afterwards, so have fun getting out of the hole you've just dug yourself)

And if you really want to play the "I pay more than you because I'm a Brit and so only my opinion should matter, ha ha ha" game, I've spent on average $2500 US per year over the past 3 years (this year included) on various BBC Worldwide products, most of which is spread across 2 television shows (Top Gear and Doctor Who) merchandise. So saying that your opinion on BBC issues because you pay a licence fee (2 pound 80 per week, oh no!!!!) is kinda invalid given that a lot of money for the BBC comes from international sales (seriously, ask some people on here how much they spend on Top Gear alone each year).

Oh, and many countries have their own channels that are funded through taxes (ABC over here), many of which buy BBC products- hey, I am an Australian taxpayer contributing directly to the production of Doctor Who!!!!

Anyway, you can always NOT PAY the licence fee- from memory, it isn't a compulsory payment/tax is it (unlike me paying my taxes and funding the ABC over here- not bitter about that, just a comparison). There you go, if you think Wilman is that loony, vote with your money!!!!! :D

Right...here we get Top Gear through BBC Canada for which we pay for as well...:?

Anyways, I posted a respectful reply to your earlier Wilman-related post. I saw that your post was since disappeared by the mods... (which is a good thing ...) It's a bit weak that you'd sign up only to rile on someone we all like and respect. If you think you'll find support then this is a wrong forum.

Last edited:
I for one do not expect anything to happen. Same suit, helmet, just another man. I really think S16 is just gonn start normally, no blowing up the Stig.

Do remember, changing him to a new color is impossible, since the white suit&helmet arrangement is now deep seeded.

THANK YOU! I've been saying this in other threads. Lawd, have mercy.

As unpleasant and upsetting as this whole episode has been, I'm sure they will have plenty of fun with with it in S16... I'd like to see Rubens Barachello implicated in his demise somehow!

I'm predicting it now: First proper Stigtro of the series will involve Rubens Barrichello being responsible for White Stig MkI's demise.

This is the part where I join in on the chorus of FOR FUCK'S SAKE! The license fee arguement is bullshit. You're not the only ones who pay to see the show! Not to mention the license fee, as mentioned, goes to stuff other than TG.

Top Gear airs in the US on BBC America, available via cable or satellite, which -- ZOMG! -- you have to pay for! Most of the episodes BBCA has aired over the two years they've had the rights to air it here are also on iTunes...which you have to pay for. I also imagine all the episodes any of us have downloaded from here or other sites -- regardless of location -- would be worth a pretty penny, given all the BBC Two (S4+) and BBC HD rips (Polar Special, S14+) have the original music and the eps on iTunes/BBCA/BBC Canada/BBC Prime/BBC World/SBS/Channel Nine/Dave don't.

If this is really about Wilman's bruised ego attempting to prevent losing artistic control over a fairy story

A "fairy story" which he and Jeremy created when they brought the show back in its current format, which they own jointly with BBC Worldwide.

then I'd be justifiably offended that my money had been spent for that purpose. However I'd have let it pass as an amusing folly if he'd just kept his gob shut and I'd never seen that side of him.

How do you think he feels every other time his "baby" is attacked -- either by the ecomentalists, or all the speed-hating daft sods who wanted the show cancelled after The Crash in 2006, or the other daft sods who get a hard-on sending complaints in every other time Jeremy opens his mouth? Also remember Andy's the one who has to weed through all the complaints they receive. IMO, it has to be the worst part of his job, and I bet there've been times he's lost his temper (albeit not as openly as now, but then, the Stig fiasco is much more public than almost everything else).

As far as I'm concerned, as the executive producer of the show, and one of the ones responsible for this format, he had every right to be pissed off and had every right to blog about it on the website. Up until then, we heard only one side: HarperCollins' side. There was nothing from the TG side, and that was a side I think, at the very least, the fans of TG deserved to hear/read.

Anyhoo, the courts have since found against Wilman and the BBC, so that tells us something about the veracity of Wilman's statements....

It doesn't tell us anything except the BBC's appeal was denied for whatever reason -- a reason none of us will likely ever know.

If complaints by tens of payers matter more than tens of millions of payers not complaining then it wouldn't really be democracy now, would it?

Pwned. :nod:

This is the part where I join in on the chorus of FOR FUCK'S SAKE! The license fee arguement is bullshit. You're not the only ones who pay to see the show! Not to mention the license fee, as mentioned, goes to stuff other than TG. [...]

How do you think he feels every other time his "baby" is attacked -- either by the ecomentalists, or all the speed-hating daft sods who wanted the show cancelled after The Crash in 2006, or the other daft sods who get a hard-on sending complaints in every other time Jeremy opens his mouth? Also remember Andy's the one who has to weed through all the complaints they receive. IMO, it has to be the worst part of his job, and I bet there've been times he's lost his temper (albeit not as openly as now, but then, the Stig fiasco is much more public than almost everything else).

As far as I'm concerned, as the executive producer of the show, and one of the ones responsible for this format, he had every right to be pissed off and had every right to blog about it on the website. Up until then, we heard only one side: HarperCollins' side. There was nothing from the TG side, and that was a side I think, at the very least, the fans of TG deserved to hear/read.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving to shellygrrl again." :thumbup:

When the New Stig doesn't have the flavor of the old one they'll reintroduce Stig Classic :mrgreen:

:lol:

Have a fight to the death showdown - have black stig walk in, water pouring out his visor, back from the sea incident. Challenge white stig to a race to the death for the job. White stig loses and "dies". The stig from then on is a new driver in the black suit.

Hmm...

...Stig vs. Stig......

.........can we do this in a kiddie pool full of chocolate pudding? :D