Random Thoughts....

All I can say is very cliche but very true; if this is really what you want, there is always a way. Just don't give up.

Well yeah, its been a learning experience. No fucken way I'm caving in.

I've noticed this forum has become very, on edge over the last couple of months. A lot of conflict has been brooding from, the whole RaptorJesus fiasco to the stuff going on about Alok's photography (which no one seemed to mind for years). Perhaps a break would do a lot of good to this board.

I have noticed that also. I tend to stay away from those conflicts. But I cannot help noticing that they are becoming somewhat frequent now :(
Come on guys and gals lets all be happy in our homely cozy forum shall we :D

For a second I thought you got metal business cards... is that an appreciation plaque or something?

Yeah, it has a magnet on the back, I think it's to mark that it's been 10 years.

That's pretty cool, you also have the same surname as my grandmother.

As do 30456 other danes :)

In that case don't start chatting her up! You never know. Multiple heads and all that! :D

:lol: I have actually found a family tree on that side that goes 11 generations back, so I could check that first :p

Back working at B & O, I take it? I remember you mentioned you were laid off, and worked for a while for a municipality.

(How DO I know this much about you? :blink: )

:lol: Yeah I started in the production (not great but it's a job) in february.

Jay and MGKDK sitting in a tree, FGPMing........ :whistle:

:lol:

Care to spill the beans on what the car under the cover is?

I honestly don't know, the others were leaked pretty well in advance but not this one.

Come on guys and gals lets all be happy in our homely cozy forum shall we :D

It's weekend after all :cheers:

Every person should get a day off for their birthday! If I had a company, i'd make it a rule! ANd if the company was any good, I'd give that person a present, in the shape of a bonus probably. :D

:lol:....wait...*Checks FG birthdays...yup. Wish you a very happy birthday 47! :D

thx :D and don't think I'm attention whoring, it's a thought of the day. Couse my coleague is sick and I'm runnin' around doing few things at once.
Good thing it's quiet now :D

But, you know, it's your B-day, and you're suposed to be happy and everything, not sit at work for half a day! :)
Man's gotta have dreams, right?

Every person should get a day off for their birthday! If I had a company, i'd make it a rule! ANd if the company was any good, I'd give that person a present, in the shape of a bonus probably. :D

*sitting at home drinking tea, browsing FG, playing with new phone*

I agree, good sir. I agree.

/goes off to fuck around or play EVE

I had that same thought and even proposed it to management in the past, but only if your birthday falls on a workday. If it's Saturday or Sunday then you don't get the extra day. The didn't go for it but :+1: to you anyway!

I always try to book my birthday off to sleep in and do diddly squat. Quite easy when you work in a team of 5.

In other news this is my 6,666th post and I have a banana fan for an avatar. Life is good.

Reactions: 47
I made it a rule by now not to work on my birthday. But I fear next year I may not be able to stick to that, as I'll be fairly new in my job then and it's customary here not to take days off in the first six months or so, and my next birthday is on a weekday.

it's customary here not to take days off in the first six months or so

bah, German work ethics :p

I'd take a day off in a heart beat, especially since this year is a friday, but ma coleague/boss is sick. And we are the only ones that
work in this company. We are part of a bigger company, but we can't both be absent.

I don't smoke but ended up with a fancy butane lighter anyway. Lights candles quicker than anything. ever!

[video=youtube;z37R39-mff8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z37R39-mff8[/video]

This is what I'm hoping to see tomorrow - the music is the same :cool:

I don't smoke but ended up with a fancy butane lighter anyway. Lights candles quicker than anything. ever!

Butane torch lighters are the best.

My plans for the day: one class (retail management), lunch, change out my spark plugs and do an oil change, drink.

And.....Fuck I falled out at the final round......:(

So gutted right now. Apparently the scores were insanely close and they told me to reapply next year, but still........

I need some alcohol.

If I stopped to think about how many times I've been sidetracked from dreams I would need an amount of alcohol that would probably fill an entire swimming pool. I've seriously wanted a career as a pilot for about ten years now and even in high school I had a plan that I thought would get me there. It was all going great until everything just sort of fell apart around me. Shortly after that I thought I came across something else that would work but it was over before it even started. Then after some time I came across another opportunity that I really thought was going to see me through, but it wasn't to be.

So now I'm here and being in the air force wasn't even remotely a consideration that crossed my mind when I first decided what I wanted to do with my life. And for once I really can feel, no, believe, that I'm going to see it through this time. Just because one opportunity is gone don't give up on the others that are out there. Sometimes they're right under your nose, other times you have to discover them. The best advice I can give is not to give up. Do something every day that gets you closer to your dreams. After deciding on my personal goal that I posted in the aircrafts thread I put my whiteboard on my door and wrote on it "What have you done for your dreams today?" and seeing that motivates me to keep pushing, even if it's just studying for five or ten minutes a day. Back in high school I thought I would be well into my career by now, not still trying to start it. That just motivates me to work even harder.

I have never worked on my birthday. I have caught flak from several bosses for taking the day off. But I don't care, it is my day and I will do with it what I please.

It's now...1.30AM and I am now a follower of True Blood. Pity I have to wait until forever to download all the eps.

Yay Aussie insomniacs!

On a Red Dwarf jag at present.