Stupid Driver Stories

Did not see that one coming.......

Related;
pmZwk.png

wXwMC.png

DAMN! :blink:

On a less 'holy shit!' but more mundane 'What an idiot' note: Last night coming home from our father's day dinner I was almost asleep in the front passenger seat of my dad's car when I heard him say 'What's this bugger doing?'. So, I open my eyes to see the back window of our Volvo full of Lancruiser headlights + spotties. We were doing the 100km/h speed limit, on a dark one lane each way country road, in the middle of a huge downpour, with kangaroos likely to jump out from anywhere. Anyway, Landcruiser dude doesn't take any heed of this and overtakes us on a blind corner, swerving back into the lane in front of us so violently I thought the thing was going to tip over, and causing my dad to have to hit the brakes quite hard because he left us practically no room. Why did he swerve back over so quickly? A freaking truck was coming toward him while he was still on the wrong side of the road, and blasted their horn. Landcruiser douche-nozzle then accelerated away from us easily doing 120km/h +. Accident narrowly very averted there... :wall:

Last edited:
Drunk perhaps?

I was hit by a drunk driver, when I was about 4 years old. Still have two scars from that on my thigh and my eyebrow. He didn't manage to take a corner and got me, while I was riding in my pedal go-cart on the sidewalk. After he hit me, he crashed into a flower shop. Was a BMW driver, btw.

That guy was so upset, that next Christmas he disguised himself as Santa Claus and brought me presents. I guess it cured him from driving drunk, because 10 cm more to the left, and I would have been dead.

Last edited:
Went away for the weekend and after a two hour ferry and six hours of trouble free driving got to our destination city.

At the very first intersection in town the light is red, everybody stops, light goes green, traffic starts to move and just as I'm about to pull away the lady behind me realizes that the light is now green and mashes the gas and plows into the back of me.

We pull over to the shoulder and I get out and she starts yelling out the window that there is no damage and the insurance company doesn't need to be involved. My girlfriend starts exchanging info with the passenger in the other car while the driver continues to whine and moan that its not a big deal and that there's no damage.

I point out the damage, tell her that my car was nearly totalled three weeks ago, I'm sore and tired of dealing with insurance companys and crappy drivers, that I'm not in the mood to put up with her shit and that she should shut up and sit in her car before I really lose it.

Its bad enough that she cant drive, but in this case just get out, say sorry, my fault, lets exchange info and be on our way.

That sucks. Was it in Vancouver?

ANyways,
The other day I was coming home from a friend's mum's B-day dinner. My buddy was driving (his parent's pristeen 1968 Dodge Polara Stationwagon) and we were coming up to a light, light turns green, we start to go and a woman runs the red, ricoches off the front fender of the polara and t-bones an acura.

Her Kia was totaled, so was the acura probably. The Polara escaped with a dented fender and a pushed in grill and was still drivealbe. Sucks for my friends family that they have to now fix their classic car, but it's definetly a testament to old american barges.

Newer American barges can be pretty tough too:

This was quite a few years ago, probably 2000-2001. The family had a 1990 Chevy Lumina APV and we were fully loaded including grandparents on the way out to eat. Bizarrely, some idiot in a mid-90s Cadillac DeVille decided to turn left at an intersection, despite the fact that he was merging onto a divided highway. Apparently the plan was to hop the median because suddenly he was heading for us at a 90 degree angle. Sure enough, we got T-boned, hard. Pull over, police, ambulance, fire department shows up (fire department? really?) and the other driver is carried away on a stretcher. The Caddy is totalled, the front end is completely smashed. No one in our car is injured in the slightest, despite my grandfather being hit almost directly (passenger side front door).

We ended up continuing on our way. Insurance reported that the Caddy was indeed a write-off, and so was our minivan. The only damage was to the door, but the car was completely worthless! We got it fixed anyway.

That sucks. Was it in Vancouver?

It was in Kelowna.

Living in the Lower Mainland for my first 20 years I was never been in an accident either as a passenger or driver, but in 4 years outside the city I've been rear-ended three times, hit two deer and replaced two windshields. I'm happy to be moving back to the city.

Well, now that I am commuting to Lowell, my share of stupid driver stories is bound to increase. Today I was at an intersection on a four lane road waiting to cross a bridge. I am in the left lane, going straight and am waiting for the light to change. As with most busy traffic lights, the last cycle of lights before mine turns green is a green left turn arrow for the oncoming lane. So I wait as the last cars make it out before the my light goes green.
As I get the green I notice a school bus turning left, almost sort of a "Boston Left." Fair enough, I let them go. Just as the bus clears, some little shitbox Kia, full of what looks like extras from The Jersey Shore comes barreling through the intersection and turns left in front of me.
Already halfway through the intersection, I am forced to slam on my brakes, nearly dropping the bike. I blast the horn at these idiots. As soon as I do so, one of the idiots in the car immediately flips me the bird. Classy.

Well, now that I am commuting to Lowell, my share of stupid driver stories is bound to increase. Today I was at an intersection on a four lane road waiting to cross a bridge. I am in the left lane, going straight and am waiting for the light to change. As with most busy traffic lights, the last cycle of lights before mine turns green is a green left turn arrow for the oncoming lane. So I wait as the last cars make it out before the my light goes green.
As I get the green I notice a school bus turning left, almost sort of a "Boston Left." Fair enough, I let them go. Just as the bus clears, some little shitbox Kia, full of what looks like extras from The Jersey Shore comes barreling through the intersection and turns left in front of me.
Already halfway through the intersection, I am forced to slam on my brakes, nearly dropping the bike. I blast the horn at these idiots. As soon as I do so, one of the idiots in the car immediately flips me the bird. Classy.
From my time in Boston/Cape Cod it seems that just about any MA driving story would end up on here...

It was in Kelowna.

Living in the Lower Mainland for my first 20 years I was never been in an accident either as a passenger or driver, but in 4 years outside the city I've been rear-ended three times, hit two deer and replaced two windshields. I'm happy to be moving back to the city.

With that track record, no kidding.

Seen today:

Somewhere in this picture you should see the idiot already.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/1_lights.jpg

Mabye now? I know he's very hard to spot.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/2_lights.jpg

To dumb to live.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/3_lights.jpg

Another scenery:
Because of the building site, only one lane of this road is usable. And it's now a temporary one-way street. It can only be driven on from the side I'm coming. The other car and bicycle traffic is rerouted to the next parallel street.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/4_bike.jpg

But surprise surprise, look what comes against me anyway...
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/5_bike.jpg

He reacts quikly, she however... does not. - Ups. That startled her a bit. She almost fell while I stomped on my horn and my breaks.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/6__bike.jpg

Oh look, a "Sorry" wave... pfft. You morons.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2010/09/14/8__bike.jpg

Greetings, lip

Last edited: