Best Android apps

Angry Birds Beta is out!

http://www.androidcentral.com/angry-birds-here

thumb_550_angrybirdsandroid.jpg
For some odd reason, I can not install this. I can't find it in the market, and when I use the QR code to get to it directly, the market tells me that "the item does not exist". :think:

Looks like its market permissions are messed up. They've been gathering info on the beta a lot so I think a lot of the issues will be solved in an update. I'll keep you guys informed on when that will be.

GOD DAMMIT!
I can't get Angry Birds on my HTC Hero because it's a 1st gen android device and not a 2nd gen!!!! :shakefist:

Are you sure that's the reason why? My HD2 isn't even an Android device and it showed up for me. :p

Sorry, I just had to. Why do they disallow older devices? Is it the smaller screen resolution? One positive I can say about my experience using an iPhone is any application or game I came across downloaded and ran fine on my first-gen iPhone even though we're four generations in.

Are you sure that's the reason why? My HD2 isn't even an Android device and it showed up for me. :p

Sorry, I just had to. Why do they disallow older devices? Is it the smaller screen resolution? One positive I can say about my experience using an iPhone is any application or game I came across downloaded and ran fine on my first-gen iPhone even though we're four generations in.

I think it's the screen. I manually installed the apk file and the top and bottom are cut off a bit. It's a little choppy at times too. But it's playable :)

I think it's the screen. I manually installed the apk file and the top and bottom are cut off a bit. It's a little choppy at times too. But it's playable :)

That is most probable. Android Market does filter apps according to screen resolution support that the developer has setup in his app.

It would serve them well to have at least HVGA versions in addition to WVGA, no?

Even in the crappy land of Windows Mobile most developers made sure to push out versions for most of the supported resolutions.

There, got 3 stars on all levels. Anyone got the full game? I would buy it if I had access to the market.

There, got 3 stars on all levels. Anyone got the full game? I would buy it if I had access to the market.

I don't think it's out yet, though I too will have to seek alternative means because they can't be bothered to resize the menus by a few pixels :(

The full game? Didn't the limited beta just come out Friday?

I have the full version for iPhone, got 3 stars on most of the levels. There's like 4 or 5 I absolutely couldn't get three on.

Well, there's the beta lite, which has a button to purchase the full game from the market, which turns up empty for me, since I don't have access to paid-for apps.

Well, there's the beta lite, which has a button to purchase the full game from the market, which turns up empty for me, since I don't have access to paid-for apps.

It leads to nothing for me as well. I figured it was just a link/placeholder for the future.

It probably is because I can buy paid apps.

As much as I despise commercial auto-tune music, it's fun to mess about with it yourself.

And MicDroid is a pretty good one for Android... well it's the only one I found but it is pretty good.

screen

Ok, since the last 2.1 update which messed up the stock messaging app I''ve become more frustrated with it. Any good third party sms apps? Preferably free but would be willing to pay if features seem worth it.

Ok, since the last 2.1 update which messed up the stock messaging app I''ve become more frustrated with it. Any good third party sms apps? Preferably free but would be willing to pay if features seem worth it.

Handcent SMS.

I use Handcent as well, pretty happy with it.

Seeing if I can make the Tapatalk signature a little less annoying using vB code.

What do you think?

Posted from my HD2 using Android

Why not just get rid of it?

I don't have a regular sig so I thought I would add a custom one to my phone.

Posted from my HD2 using Android