Random Thoughts....

I want to trade jobs with a friend of mine... he makes a little less than me, but works from 8:30-4:30.

I fell backwards in the mud on the way to class today. NOT AMUSED.

So I have to know my blood group in order to get my driving license...which I don't know and my parents don't know either :wall:. I had to take a blood test, which was fine. Im not that afraid of needles and blood is fine (Although it has been such a long time since I had a needle stuck in me). But after coming home from the hospital I was feeling seriously faint, everything became blurry and I got a painful headache.

Thankfully it went away after a while. Although that experience made me not give my blood to any one ever again and I got this experience from a small amount of blood being taken. I can't imagine what would happen if I actually donated blood. :shudders:

Err, how much blood did they take? :blink: You only need a couple drops for blood typing. Beyond psychological causes there's no reason for a couple drops of blood loss to cause any effects.

I saw a guy falling forwards in the mud today, I WAS amused :p

Now you have another excuse to take a nice, long, warm bath.;)

Should be a good trip. It is great drive. Are you taking Steven's Pass or i90? I'd suggest the latter as highway 97 is much more scenic and twisty.

I think we're taking Steven's Pass because my friend is convinced that its the only route. And since she already printed our maps, I'm not gonna be able to change her mind. If we were taking my car, maybe, but we're not because my car needs fixing.

Because my garage door is more fucked than Paris Hilton on an average Tuesday, I can't close it. As a result, it's wide open and the things in my garage are generally easy access. Normally, this is far from an issue and nothing of value has ever disappeared.

Well, today when cleaning out my car I found three cans of pop that rolled under the seat and have been in there since May. I didn't want to drink them, but I took them out and set them in the garage, on the ancient, borderline non-functioning freezer.

I went into the garage earlier and said pop is missing. Whatever, I won't miss it, since I haven't missed it since I forgot it was there. I just find it funny that someone would go into my garage and take three cans of pop, and leave the other things that are in there that might be worthwhile - alright, that amounts to a lawn mower, but still!

Doing some research for a book I might try and write, it is in the early outline stage so a long way off, and I learned something very interesting.

I always thought the B-52 had a larger payload then the B-1B as the B-52 is a much larger aircraft. The B-1B actually has a much, much higher payload capacity then the B-52. The B-52 can carry some 70,000 lbs of ordnance combined internal and external while the B-1B can carry 125,000 lbs combined.

Jesus that is a hell of a lot of bombs, missiles or mines.

The B-52 has a longer combat radius and better loiter time but the B-1B can pound an area much harder and faster then the B-52.

Fucking desk making weird squeaking noises when I push on it slightly, can't figure out where it's coming from, it's pissing me off.

is it wood?

Yes: It's just wood moving
No: WD-40 anything possible

I think we're taking Steven's Pass because my friend is convinced that its the only route. And since she already printed our maps, I'm not gonna be able to change her mind. If we were taking my car, maybe, but we're not because my car needs fixing.

there are much better routes.. but hwy 2 is good anyway.

and.. I love Leavenworth. I'm there nearly once a month for various reasons :thumbsup:

DSC_7757-58.jpg

DSC_7713.jpg

DSC_7734.jpg

Last edited:
is it wood?

Yes: It's just wood moving
No: WD-40 anything possible
I'd duck tape whatever it is to hell if I knew where it was, it is wood and it is so annoying. I've designed a couple of desks in Inventor because this desk is pissing me off as of late but my Dad is not buying into the idea of building a desk from scratch.

Dallas got hammered by a bunch of tornadoes today; I happened to be out and got 'chased' by the one that rolled through Oak Cliff. Not fun. Also had some not-insignificant flooding due to torrential rains and such.

http://www.wfaa.com/weather/Weather-Blog-Heavy-rains-pouring-down-across-N-Texas-102437309.html

Also: How often do you see this? Instead of sitting around on their hands and saying "no, we're journalists, we can't possibly help people in danger," one media outlet lent their helicopter to a local fire department to help rescue people.

http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-...rtments-to-join-rescue-efforts-102455069.html

Doing some research for a book I might try and write, it is in the early outline stage so a long way off, and I learned something very interesting.

I always thought the B-52 had a larger payload then the B-1B as the B-52 is a much larger aircraft. The B-1B actually has a much, much higher payload capacity then the B-52. The B-52 can carry some 70,000 lbs of ordnance combined internal and external while the B-1B can carry 125,000 lbs combined.

Jesus that is a hell of a lot of bombs, missiles or mines.

The B-52 has a longer combat radius and better loiter time but the B-1B can pound an area much harder and faster then the B-52.

IIRC, the B-1B's drawback is that although it can lift more, the bomb bay is much smaller than the B-52's. It runs out of cubic cargo capacity before it runs out of lift. It can carrier heavier bombs, but if you're wanting to carry a whole lot of smaller bombs (say, for carpet bombing, always a favorite tactic), the B-1 is still not the plane of choice. The B-1 also has to carry (proportionally) more externally than internally.

Example: The B-1B can carry only 8 Mk65 'Quick Strike' Mines. The B-52 has sufficient room for 18 of the damn things. Get into cluster munitions and it's just as bad: B-1B has room for 30 dispensers (CBU-87, -89, -97), B-52 can haul around 40-42 (depending on model) of the same units.

The B-1B was designed to haul around smaller but more dense bombs - after all, it was designed as a first-strike fast nuclear bomber but converted to carry conventional munitions. The B-52 was designed both as a nuclear bomber and as a conventional bomber - so pure lifting capacity doesn't tell the whole story, and is why the B-52 is going to remain in inventory for the foreseeable future. The B-52 is actually the better conventional bomber for many situations - and the B-1B can't carry Harpoons, if you have some annoying naval units hanging around that you want to make go away (the B-52 can carry up to 8 of them in internal and external carriage; they simply don't fit in/on the -1B.)

Last edited:
Now that I'm not walking to class...

PUDDLES!!! :wub:

OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mildly related: dirty Failtima is dirty.

Spectre: eek! Glad you're okay.

Last edited:
... this (to me) always triggers the question "would I want to know if it doesn?t make any difference" ... and I think I don?t want to know ... let it hit without warning or countdown. Seize the Moment. Life?s a lottery, be lucky.
mirror460.jpg

I want to know years in advance so we can stop it from hitting us. The fact that we "found" these big rocks just days beforehand is the problem. They should be found a decade in advance and the only way that will happen is if we put up a bunch of small telescopes on the ground that are hampered in many ways, or put a few in orbit.

Because my garage door is more fucked than Paris Hilton on an average Tuesday, I can't close it. As a result, it's wide open and the things in my garage are generally easy access. Normally, this is far from an issue and nothing of value has ever disappeared.

Well, today when cleaning out my car I found three cans of pop that rolled under the seat and have been in there since May. I didn't want to drink them, but I took them out and set them in the garage, on the ancient, borderline non-functioning freezer.

I went into the garage earlier and said pop is missing. Whatever, I won't miss it, since I haven't missed it since I forgot it was there. I just find it funny that someone would go into my garage and take three cans of pop, and leave the other things that are in there that might be worthwhile - alright, that amounts to a lawn mower, but still!

I thought she took Tuesdays off.?

:drums:

It is a neighbor kid that uses your lawn mower to mow other peeps lawns. :p