MX5 - A girls car??

Any members of this forum who are male and own an MX-5 can tell you that if you buy an MX-5, you'll become a hairdresser and a homosexual. What you need is one of these:

car_photo_207311_7.jpg

So that everyone will know that you're a real man.

I am looking to get my first car, and i stumbled upon the mazda mx5 which as we all know is a good car and i was looking at picking up an old crappy one for my first. but i dont know.. is it a girls car?

Sometimes just a question of colour. Obviously a Blue one with 14" rims or just an Old Red Miata with faded paint looks a bit girly, I would say anyone can suit in a Miata, sometimes it is just small things that makes a Car look more manly or girly, escpecially the Miata, which (especially mid-90's) does look like its not sexual in anyway, to be honest the Miata always looked boring.

The only thing that matters is, that the Miata (or Mx-5 called, dont get irritated) is small nimble and flat like a gocart (and drives 5 times better than it looks), also it's quite an utility car. So if you dont like the small 1.8 (?) engine in it, you can buy yourself an old Falcon V8 for a pee and throw its engine in it. (Shouldnt be so hard to get it licenced on the road down there ;) )

Short = The Miata is made to be personalized, by it's owner, it's just waiting.

No you are confusing it with my car
pink-barbie-new-beetle-convertible.jpg

Don't forget to paint it pink like this one.

MX5 = Girls, cross dressers and or hairdressers, NO self respecting bloke would be caught dead in one. They go for Honda S2000s.

5bfce_29_12_3---Honda-S2000_web.jpg

Last edited:
According to the men of Top Gear this is the manlinest man's roadster ever wrought by men of mankind.

Triumph_tr6.jpg

MX5 = Girls, cross dressers and or hairdressers, NO self respecting bloke would be caught dead in one. They go for Honda S2000s.

*Ahem* purple Peugeot 406 estate shitbox! *ahem*

:p:p:p

Wondered how long before you bit!

Here it's a verservio red shit box - not purple.

I was busy, OK? :shakefist: I have a life other than Final Gear you know?

Wait, wut? :confused:

compared to the BMW Z3 M...
BMW-M-Roadster-Blue-SA-1024x768.jpg

...does the S2000 look like that bloke's girlfriend car, I mean look at him, he must be a Doctor! :p

Drive the MX5. They are so much fun, how cares if people think its a girls car. You can't help but smile when you drive one. It even makes commuting in traffic fun, or more fun than most other cars. People may think its a girls car, but you are the one having fun while they drive their Toyota.

MX5 = Girls, cross dressers and or hairdressers, NO self respecting bloke would be caught dead in one.
To quote my friend Will, "so stupid that it hurts". I agree, Miatas are friggin gay; what you want is an automatic diesel vauxhall :rolleyes:

Drive the MX5. They are so much fun, how cares if people think its a girls car. You can't help but smile when you drive one. It even makes commuting in traffic fun, or more fun than most other cars. People may think its a girls car, but you are the one having fun while they drive their Toyota.

Depends on the Toyota ;)

hey guys before i say anything to any mods if i have put this in the wrong section im sorry and please move it.

I am looking to get my first car, and i stumbled upon the mazda mx5 which as we all know is a good car and i was looking at picking up an old crappy one for my first. but i dont know.. is it a girls car?

I mean i dont know. its a convertible or softtop or whatever and i watch car shows and stuff. is it a girls car? because i dont want to buy my first car to find out later on its a chicks car [hairdressers car] so please let me know if it is or not. im a bit parranoid. and if you know something better for cheap please suggest it for a first car. btw im in aus so pls, no foreign cars.

thanks alot guys.

"MX5 - A girls car??"

Yes

I think the stock NA MX-5 looks a bit girly, but I don't care. If everything goes well, I'll be driving one quite soon.

It's cheap, handless well and the reliability is excellent, so why should I avoid the car just because some people who don't have a clue about cars think it's girly? If my first priority would be good looks, MX-5 wouldn't be an option (no, I didn't say it's ugly). If you really know what you want from a car, don't care what others think about it. Exept if you're going to buy PT Cruiser Cabriolet.

Depends on the Toyota ;)

OKay, the one Toyota that would be comparable. But thats one model that they didn't make much of compared to the millions of models they did make that are just boring. But that and the Mk IV Supra are about it :)

Yeah, get a stock one with an automatic gearbox and everyone will laugh at you.

The more pressing question in the thread is - who is paying for your first car? Do your parents approve of a sporty little roadster for their 16-year-old?