Best Android apps

That's a good idea. *tries it*

Sent from my HTC Desire Nexus One

Well, that is less annoying now, but really, no one cares how you posted, just what your post says.

Couldn't you set the color to white so it blends in with the background?

How is it any more annoying/needless than any other signature people use?

At least that has a purpose, it denotes the small number of posts I've made from mobile. What's the point of having a quote you deem witty or your computer specs posted every single time you make a post?

I'm gonna leave it. Sorry if it bothers anyone. :)

How is it any more annoying/needless than any other signature people use?

At least that has a purpose, it denotes the small number of posts I've made from mobile. What's the point of having a quote you deem witty or your computer specs posted every single time you make a post?

I'm gonna leave it. Sorry if it bothers anyone. :)

I have signatures off and don't use one myself :p

I have signatures off and don't use one myself :p

Me too, which is why I don't get why the Tapatalk thing is so bothersome. At least it just text and will only appear very occasionally (for me, at least).

It's annoying because since it isn't a real signature, people can't choose to keep it from showing up for them. It's a really small thing though, especially with the font/color changes you made, so keep it if you want. The rest of us can certainly deal :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2010/09/10/jedigametricks.jpg :mrgreen:

I love WordFeud, thanks Ice.

I noticed a game called Glyder 2 on the Market frontpage yesterday and grabbed it... really kind of boring but graphics are pretty good. Anybody try it out?\

Edit: Okay, I just spent two hours waiting at the revenue office which I passed by playing Glyder 2. It's actually kind of fun, laid back but kind of fun as well. Can't go wrong with the free ad-supported version either, just beware the 30MB thingy it downloads to your SD card once you launch the game.

Last edited:
I have also noticed the existence of Jedi in WordFeud :D

Light Racers is a great version of the classic Tron lightcycle game, there is also Light Racers 3D which is slightly worse (but it's 3D!).

I'm playing Pilotwings on SNesoid. :p

I loved this game decades ago, it's the only thing with controls easy enough for it to work though... I don't know if it's the HD2 or SNesoid but there doesn't seem to be multitouch input which makes playing something like Mario nigh on impossible. When I see a Goomba I have to stop moving, stomp it and then start moving again.

Last edited:

I loved this game decades ago, it's the only thing with controls easy enough for it to work though... I don't know if it's the HD2 or SNesoid but there doesn't seem to be multitouch input which makes playing something like Mario nigh on impossible. When I see a Goomba I have to stop moving, stomp it and then start moving again.

I ran into that problem on NESoid. It's just a software issue since Gamboid does multitouch just fine. The solution was to map jump to a hardware key.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.zodttd.psx

Playstation 1 emulator.

It works decently on a Desire but would be ideal for the Galaxy.

And yes it does work, and it isn't that dificult to install/run plus you have an option to connect a bluetooth gamepad.

Holy fuck I want a new phone right now.

I don't like Sensoid because I can't get the abyx buttons on the screen, so I'm just using Nesoid to play prince of persia and mario.
There should be an option in the menu to tick for multi touch support, works great for the playstation emulator.

Only thing that I hate is nfs porsche gets unplayable fps but nfs 3 is all right I would say about 30 fps (uneducated guess).
Down side for playstation games is they are between 200-700mbs in size so you have to have a huge memory card to have a never bored collection.

Last edited:
SNesoid buttons shows up nicely on my device. What resolution is your phone?

The emulators are fun to mess with but in the long run not necessary, there's so many good native games nowadays. I used to play lots of Nintendo ROMs on my old PocketPC but that's before the days of apps and app stores... plus back then handhelds had actual buttons which made emulators a lot better to use.

Last edited:
SNesoid buttons shows up nicely on my device. What resolution is your phone?

The emulators are fun to mess with but in the long run not necessary, there's so many good native games nowadays. I used to play lots of Nintendo ROMs on my old PocketPC but that's before the days of apps and app stores... plus back then handhelds had actual buttons which made emulators a lot better to use.

Gamboid is the only emulator that has sold me so far, GBA games are modern enough to not feel dated, low tech enough to run on my Hero (mostly), and there are enough turn-based RPGs and other slow paced games that the on-screen controls can work.

Speaking of which, that's a genre you won't find on the market: RPG (my personal weakness is grid-based strategy).

I don't know how many he has ported over, but ZodTTD has written a bunch of really good emulators for iOS, and at least one for Android. I've been loving his SNES emulator for iOS, so you Android folks might like to check out his offerings too.

Like thevictor, my weakness is RPG (although I've been moving through the Square Oeuvre rather that hitting the grid-based strategy)