What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Ha, thanks for the info. I guess I should check it out and see what the new version is like, it's not like I've got shit to do during the day. :p

Problem is I don't have cable... doubt anyone is torrenting up TPIR.

There are full episodes posted in cbs.com/video. You'll want to watch the A episode from today (it's the premier, the B episode is fairly normal).

Last edited:
That would probably require my using a proxy, which are often too slow for streaming videos.

Thanks anyway.

Well you can youtube it. There are lots of devoted fans, and I know for a fact that episode will be there.

It depends. The style of the show has changed quite a bit without the two. A lot of people don't like it (but they're mostly the same people who think it should be exactly as it was in the 70's) and a lot of people like the new changes. They've changed and updated how most things look, which I think is good because the old set really showed its age in HD, it looks really nice now. Drew is.... different than Bob. He's not bad (in my opinion) but his style is a lot different. I prefer Bob as a host, but Drew does fairly well (his explaining of rules and building excitement still needs work though). A regular viewer could still do pretty well on the show, but they've adopted changes to the larger prizes that account for completely impossible to pinpoint prices (trips to places with random touristy things thrown in, cars with odd options instead of standard sets, designer clothing, etc.) The gameplay [secret] strategies are still mostly all there though.

There were some nice things about the 70s-80s

http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/6420/holly2.jpg
Dian_Parkinson.jpg

7362.30060_e.jpg

Now I have a one man tent for when I go camping with guys and a 3 man for when I go with a lady, I guess it could fit two ladies but it would be a tight squeeze!

7362.30060_e.jpg

Now I have a one man tent for when I go camping with guys and a 3 man for when I go with a lady, I guess it could fit two ladies but it would be a tight squeeze!

tight squeeze, run with it

There were some nice things about the 70s-80s

http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/6420/holly2.jpg
Dian_Parkinson.jpg

I was not reading this thread properly then got to this comment and thought. "But sir! Sex slaves are illegal!" :|

Custom dress shirt from Paul Fredrick. Sized, trim fit, my choice from 6 collar styles, my sleeve length, french cuffs with embroidered monogram. It's the best fitting dress shirt I have. And it was $20. Will buy from them again.

$20 for a custom shirt, in America? I'd heard of that sort of thing taking place in India or Vietnam, but that's quite a steal.

$20 for a custom shirt, in America? I'd heard of that sort of thing taking place in India or Vietnam, but that's quite a steal.

I was skeptical and only ordered one. I will now order more. Admittedly, the fabric is thin and you can see through it a bit, but it's a dress shirt meant to be worn under a jacket, so that's not much of a problem to me.

For anyone interested, deal here. Code is pfwoot. Sizes are the standard shirt size and then sleeve length, trim fit tapers the chest of the shirt down 5" and the waist 6" from normal (and is just about perfect for thin me).

Nope, no more Lexus... well, not past the middle of this week anyway.

Details will be forthcoming, but I'll update my sidebar for now. :mrgreen:

you're one year older than me, and now you have a MK6 Golf GTi? where do i sign?

hehe being an engineer in the UK sucks! i couldnt even afford a second hand Mk5 GTi and if i could i couldnt afford to run the bastard! and i have this state of affairs to look forward to for the next decade at least. time to get out! i want to get rid of my superb, i just know theres something about to go pop with it. it was only meant to be a stop gap car, but i may have to hang on to it for ages.

Last edited:
It is a project car. Always allow 20% more than you think it will cost and don't cry if you go over that!

Got these Xbox games today, pre-owned, half price.

vidya.jpg

- From Russia with Love: $3.50.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3: $4.
- Dead or Alive Ultimate: $4.
- Mafia: $6.50.
- Crazy Taxi 3: $4.
- Counter-Strike (lol): $5.
- Aggressive Inline: $6.50.

Total: $33.50.

Not bad for what are quality games.

Blast corps, those were teh days.

8 beers and a small bottle of J?germeister. Starting on the beers as we speak.