Halo Reach

The first time through I took the truck but had to restart the level because the AI went and jumped the bridge without me. Obviously the truck wasn't going to make it. :lol:

actually on the last level i rode piggy-back on the mongoose allowing the AI team mate to drive the bike. Actually found it a load of fun and allowed me to enjoy what was going on than concentrate on driving and dodging the Covenant running around.

Try letting the AI drive you ever on legendary and you'll be rethinking that. The AI's idea of good driving is to get as close to the enemy as possible and just stare at them for a little bit. Ooh, that'll teach 'em!

What's wrong with them?

You have to look where you're going. The only way to steer is to turn the camera. I want to steer with the left stick so I can look around with the right stick.

Yeah you've got a point there. I don't mind it much with most vehicles but it's a huge pain driving the scorpion tank while trying to shoot at stuff.

You have to look where you're going. The only way to steer is to turn the camera. I want to steer with the left stick so I can look around with the right stick.

This also explains why I don't mind the driving controls. Splatter spree FTW!

Armor lock is harrrd, but I've been using it more lately and it's oh so satisfying when you use it well. It's especially useful in elite slayer. When you get stuck take another shot or two at your aggressor and then armor lock and don't die and kill the bastard.

The only perk I don't like is hologram/deciever because people almost never fall for it or it doesn't distract them long enough to be of any use, but I have to admit that I've been burned by it several times in the confusion of you and an enemy both needing to reload and trying to punch each other instead.

Finished the campaign tonight. Going to go get slaughtered in multiplayer a bit this weekend.

The only perk I don't like is hologram/deciever because people almost never fall for it or it doesn't distract them long enough to be of any use, but I have to admit that I've been burned by it several times in the confusion of you and an enemy both needing to reload and trying to punch each other instead.

The trick is to use it in a place where the enemy can't see you activate it. Take cover and pop it out. Once you hear shots, pop out and take them by surprise. If you use it a lot in a game they'll wise up though. You have to work hard to make it look like prey, though, so send it towards a door or another rock or something.

Bungie Glasses 15,000 Halo: Reach Cheaters
Shortly after Halo: Reach was released, users found a way to earn cheap, easy in-game credits via an exploit. Some people, though, had to take it too far.

Now, the exploit itself, if you've got the patience for it, that's fine. But 15,000 players have been found to have gone overboard on the exploit via "network manipulation and other easily detectable workarounds that fall well outside of standard gameplay", and every single one of them has tonight had their credit levels reset to a big fat zero, along with receiving a one-day ban on amassing any more.

What's impressive/sad about that number is that it's only from a preliminary pass; Bungie says that "as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof", we can expect that tally to rise.
original article: http://kotaku.com/5653693/bungie-glasses-15000-halo-reach-cheaters

Get In The (R/C) Warthog!
Reader Dan S. noticed that the MacFarlane Toys' Halo: Reach Warthog perfectly matched the chassis of one of his R/C vehicles. "The wheels started turning in my head," Dan says, "pardon the pun."

"So I acquired said Warthog toy and promptly Frankensteined the two items together," he told Kotaku, "added some hi-intensity LEDs and came up with what I think is the world's first 35 mph R/C warthog."

The speed is the key distinguisher. Other R/C Warthogs have been made before. Thanks Dan!
800x600_05.jpg

800x600_04.jpg
original article: http://kotaku.com/5653619/get-in-the-rc-warthog/gallery/

also i've recently been reading Eric Nyland's "The Fall of Reach" while at lunch breaks all this week and really enjoying it. However i'm already over half way through it and now looking for another Halo book to read once i finish this one. Can anyone give me any pointers on another Halo book that is as good as The Fall of Reach.

Last edited:
Armor lock is harrrd, but I've been using it more lately and it's oh so satisfying when you use it well. It's especially useful in elite slayer. When you get stuck take another shot or two at your aggressor and then armor lock and don't die and kill the bastard.

My powerup of choice is the jet pack, especially when combined with the shotgun. It's fun swooping down on someone then BLAM! I really like the extra mobility which allows me to really go after people and hunt them down. Air to air battles are fun too.

EDIT: Speaking of multiplayer one thing that annoys me is how it automatically includes you in the party after the game is over. I usually like to start the next game with fresh people and I've gotten stuck in another game with people who suck because I forgot to back out of the party after the end of the game.

Last edited:
also i've recently been reading Eric Nyland's "The Fall of Reach" while at lunch breaks all this week and really enjoying it. However i'm already over half way through it and now looking for another Halo book to read once i finish this one. Can anyone give me any pointers on another Halo book that is as good as The Fall of Reach.

Read them all. Early next year three novels on the Forerunners, written by Greg Bear, will begin to be released. In addition a sequel to "Ghosts of Onyx" is also in the works.

Read them all. Early next year three novels on the Forerunners, written by Greg Bear, will begin to be released. In addition a sequel to "Ghosts of Onyx" is also in the works.

Yup, read them all.

found the next Halo book, The Flood going cheap on eBay so that'll be my next read after finishing The Fall of Reach. aside from the little things (like getting the year wrong, the events of reach and the halo games occured in 2552, except the book gives the date of 2542) and the fact that obviously Halo: Reach will conflict with some parts of the book. its been a enjoyable read.

Developer Bungie has deployed the first playlist update for Halo: Reach, bringing with it a long, long list of changes and tweaks to multiplayer maps, game types and playlists, with the promise of more updates to come.

The most pressing of those Halo: Reach updates is the soon-to-be-released campaign matchmaking patch, which the Halo developer expects to see hit Xbox Live next week or the week after. Today's changes are substantial, especially to those who might play Halo: Reach (or Halo 3) multiplayer very seriously.

Might be worth reading the official changelog before firing up Reach tonight, lest that 50% player speed reduction on Rocket Race take you by surprise.
original article: http://kotaku.com/5656575/halo-reach-gets-first-playlist-update-campaign-matchmaking-due-soon

Here's the changes made by Bungie
Reach Xbox LIVE playlists have been updated!

Our first Halo: Reach post-launch playlist update has been successfully deployed to Xbox LIVE. This update addresses a variety of issues in addition to tweaking some of the existing core gametypes and playlists.

Please note that this is just the first of many updates. Our team continues to work on improving the Reach online experience and we're always listening to your feedback and reviewing the voting and game data we get from our servers. Reach will just keep getting better! As always, we welcome your feedback in our Optimatch forum here on Bungie.net.

Also note that we have another small update happening later this month (either 10/12 or 10/19 pending final test pass) that will enable campaign matchmaking. And for everyone out there who doesn't love Infection as much as the rest of the players, don't fret, we have plans to move Infection into its own "Living Dead" playlist later this month.

Lastly, in addition to everything listed below, today's update also makes some tweaks to the betrayal system. Hopefully players will feel it's a bit more 'fair' now and it shoudl behave closer to what you're used to in Halo 3.

Here's the full changelist of everything included in today's update:

PLAYLISTS

Rumble Pit
* Added Crazy King
* Added Juggernaut
* Removed Oddball on Asylum

Team Slayer
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Classic
* Weights adjusted based on voting data

Team SWAT (New!)
* Based on existing Team Slayer SWAT offering
* Removed Hemorrhage
* Replaced Zealot with Arena Zealot map variant

Team Objective
* Added Crazy King
* Added several gametypes on Powerhouse (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Crazy King, 3 Plots)
* Removed heavy vehicles from all 4v4 Team Objective gametypes

Multi Team
* Added Rocket Race

Big Team Battle
* Added Crazy King
* Removed SWAT
* Removed Snipers from Boneyard
* Weights adjusted based on voting data

Doubles Arena
* Removed Slayer Pro for Season 2
* Removed Boardwalk

Team Arena
* Removed Slayer Pro for Season 2

MAPS

Arena Zealot (New!)
* Added a softkill zone to the space area
* Modified initial spawns so enemies cannot see each other

Zealot
* Objects can no longer be dropped into the boot_base

Asylum
* Removed multiple duplicate Headhunter score zones

Boneyard
* Changed the base object for territories from a hill marker to a flag stand
* Objects can no longer come to rest on the out of bounds cliff behind the scaffolding where the Invasion core is captured
* Players can no longer sit in the out of bounds area under the ship scaffolding

Pinnacle
* Health Packs should not respawn after 15 seconds

Hemorrhage
* Landmine removed from Red team's west cliff
* Respawn time for all Mongoose vehicles is now 45 seconds
* Scorpions replaced with Wraiths (4 minute respawn)

Paradiso
* Respawn timer for Concussion Rifle at Red base is now 30 seconds to match Concussion Rifle at Blue base

Reflection

Boardwalk

Powerhouse
* Respawn timer for all Needler weapons is now 45 seconds

GAMETYPES

Global Changes
* Slayer DMR now has motion tracker enabled
* Evade has replaced Hologram for all gametypes in which players can hold objects (CTF, Assault, Stockpile, Oddball)
* Evade has replaced Dropshield for gametypes which create concentrated gameplay in specific areas (Crazy King, Territories, Oddball)
* All Classic gametypes should now include Sprint as default equipment

King of the Hill
* Teams are now always able to correctly score points
* Players standing in the hill no longer receive extra points upon returning from a host migration

Rocket Race
* Players now attached to vehicles after being on foot for 10 seconds
* Flipped vehicles will be detected to prevent players from attaching to a non-upright vehicle
* Added functionality for tracking and reporting rotations
* Fountain of Mongeese should no longer be possible (don't ask)
* Players are no longer able to jack another teams Mongoose
* Players are no longer forced into a specific role of driver or gunner
* All players start with a Rocket Launcher
* Players move at 50% speed, do significantly reduced damage and are marked with a nav icon
* Players on foot are now able to score points in Rocket Race

Juggernaut
* The Juggernaut no longer sees other players as allies upon returning from a host migration
* New clients after a host migration will no longer lose their Juggernaut status

Territories
* All teams now have separate capture timers for each territory
* Locked territories will no longer prevent players from using equipment
* The flag in the territory is now attached if the territory is a flag stand object
* Added a HUD_Widget to display contested status to players inside a territory
* The progress bar for a territory will now show as full when that territory is being contested (capture progress is saved and will appear again once the territory is no longer contested)
* Random flag clothes will no longer disappear after a round transition

Oddball
* Bombs in Hot Potato now properly report carry time
* Multiple hot potato bombs will no longer spawn in the same location
* The carry time reported stat will now always be correct after a host migration has occurred
* Players carrying the oddball during a host migration will no longer receive extra points

Stockpile
* All stockpile flags are now attached to their spawn location if it is a flag stand

Invasion
* The game score is now set per frame tick based off of the current phase
* A failsafe game end timer has been added to catch any possible bad cases of Invasion games not ending properly

Invasion: Boneyard
* The core will now reset whenever it is thrown through a shield door into a spawning location in Phase 3

Invasion (Assault) and Assault
* Added sudden death to Invasion (Assault) and Assault gametypes

Race
* Players who die before the first checkpoint will no longer spawn in a random location on the map
original article: http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid28794

Yay @ never having to play god damned swat ever again. Also yay @ infection getting its own playlist soon. Rumble pit is more like zombie pit right now and in infection everyone just camps in retarded locations that are either almost out of bounds or impossible to get to.

I am also glad SWAT has its own playlist... so I can play it all the time. I love SWAT.