Lock Picking

I thought some of those multi-dimension key locks are nearly impossible to pick?

So what's the best locks to defeat the lock pickers?

lol @ all the aussie people and their pleasure for lockpicking. A bit of interest in the states too, I see.
Well, guess what? I don't need no lock pick set. I live in Canada, people around here regularly just leave their door unlocked most of the time, so home invasion is done pretty easily. Not to mention that they leave the windows open quite a few times even if they lock the doors when they're away, so all you need is a nice knife to cut the screen from the window.

These lock picking skills would be quite handy for me, as I have a habit of forgetting my keys inside, and locking myself outside of my apartment in the process. And it costs money to get someone with a master key to open my door again. - Too bad I have that Abloy Exec lock on my door...

Last edited:
http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/5286/1284823844868.jpg

(I'm sorry that I got nothing relevant to contribute to this thread)

kp-100.jpg

The Dyno Quik Pick - this is a perennial favorite of mine. No, a good set of lock picks is better, but this one does many locks well (much like a Leatherman or Gerber multitool isn't as good as a dedicated tool set but gets the job done anyway). It is particularly apt with home entry locks, padlocks (oh my, does the rake do well with Master padlocks), desk/cabinet locks and believe it or not, most car door locks. Took me three minutes to get into my Nissan through the worn driver's door lock - which is why the next thing I did was disconnect that lock from the door mechanism - good luck picking your way into the car now. :D

Best of all, it's small, compact, and arouses little suspicion. In fact, if you scrub off the labelling, most people think it's some sort of pencil eraser. Cheap, too.

Also, yes, tubular/ACE lock picks do exist.

These lock picking skills would be quite handy for me, as I have a habit of forgetting my keys inside, and locking myself outside of my apartment in the process. And it costs money to get someone with a master key to open my door again. - Too bad I have that Abloy Exec lock on my door...

There is a pick for the Abloy Execs. Don't bother making one at home because it takes micrometer tolerances. And no, I am not going to tell where to get one. :p There's an easier way to defeat the Abloy systems, and that's the locksmith tool (which Abloy endorses) that is supposed to be used if you lose your key and need to get into an Abloy locked door. It rips the lock 'cylinder' right out of the mechanism which grants you access to the bolt, etc., etc.

If you find you are locking yourself out on a regular basis, don't pick the lock (because you also probably left your picks inside), but install something like this instead:
451777.jpg

Last edited:
If you find you are locking yourself out on a regular basis, don't pick the lock (because you also probably left your picks inside), but install something like this instead:
451777.jpg

I have that exact lock on my door...

/nerd

I thought some of those multi-dimension key locks are nearly impossible to pick?

So what's the best locks to defeat the lock pickers?

All locks have a weakness.

^lol at the dialog! Why are games not scripted by people trained in this rather than nerds who'd rather speak visual basic than English?

Well, some of the best games have real authors write the scripts and dialogue. For example the Half-Life series, games by Bioware, etc

Hands up those with that door lock and a 4 digit number that is not: year of birth, or day and month of birth/marriage/wife or husband, 1234 or 4321 or even your tel extension number.