FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
In its current configuration the car has proven it can hang in the top 5, if the wheel hadn't come off we probably would have finished somewhere in the top 10, but shit happens. While some cars like the Mark 8 are probably near their limit with weight reduction and engine/suspension upgrades, we've only just scratched the surface with the GTP. All I can say at this point is that we have plans for the car in 2011... BIG plans. :D

And enough of this "till the engine blows up" crap. I think we've proven that these engines are just as reliable on the track as they are on the street.

Hopefully.

I just think a top 20 finish is a conservative, realistic estimate based on the inevitable problems that you're going to run into one way or another.

In its current configuration the car has proven it can hang in the top 5, if the wheel hadn't come off we probably would have finished somewhere in the top 10, but shit happens. While some cars like the Mark 8 are probably near their limit with weight reduction and engine/suspension upgrades, we've only just scratched the surface with the GTP. All I can say at this point is that we have plans for the car in 2011... BIG plans. :D

And enough of this "till the engine blows up" crap. I think we've proven that these engines are just as reliable on the track as they are on the street.
What "big plans"? You don't want to go dicking around with too much shit, as you will just end up fucking shit up and have more broken stuff. And it's not the engine I am worried about, it's as strong as an ox. The transmission, however, is another story.

And you left some small things out of Part 2.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What "big plans"? You don't want to go dicking around with too much shit, as you will just end up fucking shit up and have more broken stuff. And it's not the engine I am worried about, it's as strong as an ox. The transmission, however, is another story.

And you left some small things out of Part 2.

What he said. :p Just flush the transmission and call it a day. Oh, and change the brake pads. :)

HEhehe good read :D
This I couldn't understand
Murilee came by to pickup the bumper cam. It was then that I had a conversation with him about the car and a few other things, and then he told me about the situation between him and Jalopnik. He also asked me to keep it under my hat. It was hard not to say anything to the rest of the team when I got back to the trailer

What happened?

Yeah, that turned out to be his last weekend at Jalopnik, now they're trying desperately to fill his spot and failing miserably at it.

Gawker blows goats. :cry:

I didn't know the car was a Katrina car, either. What exactly *is* the car's history, anyway?

We honestly don't know the entire history of the car, we ran a background check out it and nothing showed up past 2005. It started life as a leased car back in 97 in North Carolina, was involved in an accident in 2003, then needed a duplicate title made shortly after Katrina hit. During the tear down I'm told that the car had a strong smell of fish and mud when they pulled the door panels. And as mentioned way back at the start of this thread, the car was SOMEHOW registered as a fucking Subaru. We also have evidence that it doesn't have its original engine and possibly the transmission as well. There's just a lot of goofy shit going on with the car.

https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quiky/2010/03/16/WTF.jpg

So our working theory is that the car took a trip to New Orleans, was written off because of Katrina, and then some chop shop down there patched the car back together using parts from who the hell knows where, then used some shenanigans to get the car back on the road. Either way, this car lived a HARD life before we got it and has a very shady past. If the car could talk, I'm sure it'd have one hell of a story to tell.

Last edited:
What he said. :p Just flush the transmission and call it a day. Oh, and change the brake pads. :)

I don't know about you guys, but 100 hours of work in the offseason is way better than 2 hours of work in the paddock. There are a few 'jesus, that might catch fire' problems that DEFINITELY need to be taken care of.

If the car could talk, I'm sure it'd have one hell of a story to tell.

If that car could talk, it would probably be screaming:

"What now, bitches!?!"

And then it would moon you. :p

The more I hear of this weekend, the more I want to slap my boss for not letting me have the time off to go!

The 2011 schedule hasn't been released yet, once it's out then we can figure out which races we can hit.

Hmmm...if it came into the shop with a bunch of mud, the Subaru registration kinda makes sense! :lol:

The 2011 schedule hasn't been released yet, once it's out then we can figure out which races we can hit.

Where's the car being housed in the off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.