Jeremy Clarkson and the colonies.

smiles1

:p

Ah yes... as soon as a German says that he feels offended by something, he has no humour.

All of the countrys represented in JC meets the neighbours have active members here, including lots of Germans......Yet you seem to be the only one still wining about it after almost a decade, so yeah, some self-relativation would not go astray methinks .

Last edited:
I'm simply very resentful :D

Nobody was talking about you.....

Also I don't buy for a second, that he really believes all the rubbish he is saying in his rants and columns sometimes. You can tell by the lack of really serious glitches, that most of what he does and says is calculated, planned or even acted. Just for the effect of it and to get a laugh.

Jeremy Clarkson is one of those persons, who can make throwing stones in a glass house look dignified.

The only really bad thing he ever did in my opinion (in a quality sense), is "Clarkson meets the neighbors". Because it is supposed to be satire but often crosses the line towards libel and slander with blatant lies and distortions..

+1

Yeah but that is politics. Politics live from lies and distortion. It's in the job description ;)

The people of Europe should act differently, though. If Europe shall grow together to secure the future, we shouldn't nurse our prejudices but welcome the peculiarities and habits of others. After all, we all take profit from opening up our countries as well as our minds. The world we perceive today, is much, much wider, more multifaceted and diversified, than in 1970 for example. In most of Europe we can go where we want, live where we want, work where we want.

That is an astonishing achievement, considerung the bloody history of our continent. The reason why I often react so strongly about folks who nurse clich?s instead of enlighten people about other people, is that I still don't see our peaceful and free Europe as a matter of course. It still isn't home and dry.

And the more we actually know about each other instead of having a vague perception of our neighbours, the better. Journalists and columnists should be on the frontline of that development instead of thwarting it just for the effect.

Last edited:
Yeah but that is politics. Politics live from lies and distortion. It's in the job description ;)

The people of Europe should act differently, though. If Europe shall grow together to secure the future, we shouldn't nurse our prejudices but welcome the peculiarities and habits of others. After all, we all take profit from opening up our countries as well as our minds. The world we perceive today, is much, much wider, more multifaceted and diversified, than in 1970 for example. In most of Europe we can go where we want, live where we want, work where we want.

That is an astonishing achievement, considerung the bloody history of our continent. The reason why I often react so strongly about folks who nurse clich?s instead of enlighten people about other people, is that I still don't see our peaceful and free Europe as a matter of course. It still isn't home and dry.

And the more we actually know about each other instead of having a vague perception of our neighbours, the better. Journalists and columnists should be on the frontline of that development instead of thwarting it just for the effect.

Enyoy your time in happy tolerant unified European lalawonderland..........it doubt it will be happening.

If anything in a few decades time we will either be overrun by Islam, or have become some sort of new 'eastern Europe' thanks to our economy going down the drain.......all thanks to this 'progress' you call the European union, with its open borders , its 'diversity' and the bucketloads of money it costs as an institution and in supporting the poorer members, money they happily drain from the economy.

Last edited:

Everyone (Politicos) hates us and we don't care. And excuse me why do we want to "Grow together" with you lot, all your Politicians have done is steal, lie, cheat and cause Britain grief, we have our own lieing Politicians and that is more than enough burden.

I have asked before and no one can think of one - I will ask again, given that we do not want to grow together with Europeans anyway. What exactly is in it for us? I can think of nothing, and no one so far can say the benefit in exchange for our sacrifices for the EEC - hell that was bad enough. Where the hell did this 'EU' nonesense come from - no one aske me.

Last edited:
Enyoy your time in happy tolerant unified European lalawonderland..........it doubt it will be happening.

If anything in a few decades time we will either be overrun by Islam, or have become some sort of new 'eastern Europe' thanks to our economy going down the drain.......all thanks to this 'progress' you call the European union, with its open borders , its 'diversity' and the bucketloads of money it costs as an institution and in supporting the poorer members, money they happily drain from the economy.

The economy of eastern europe is faring better than the west, so there. Poland is one of the very few countries in the world that had positive growth through 2008-2009, and the western parts of the country are now richer than the eastern part of neighbouring Germany, resulting in rich poles buying land from poor germans, a scenario that will take some time to sink in peoples minds. Poles are also generally much more inclined to start their own business than the european in general. Judging by how some western countries missmanage their economy, I think we may end up in a situation where Germany (which is the economic engine of europe) and the booming eastern block have to bail out the UK. The new UK government isnt doing nearly enough to combat their enormous deficit. Of course a bailout would have to be tied to tight regulations of what is to be done, not just be free money. Basically the UK, Spain and others needs to do what we had to do 20 years ago, it'll hurt but it has to be done.

Without the EU the continent would be much worse off, together we're the biggest exporter in the world (yes, bigger than China, India, the US) and the open market and free flow of goods is critical to our economic success.

That said, the Euro is stupid.

Last edited: