OK, so you guys really aren't f***ing going to believe this one......

So who's the nearest FG member to Stockport? Please track down this whinging arsewipe and kick the shit out of him.

I live in Stockport (when not working in Dublin). JMSProvan beat me to the debunking of this one.

Shaw Heath actually has a popular Islamic Centre in it - off the top of my head, this will be about 50 yards from the shop. If anything, it would have been them complaining.

As for "he's a douche, he's a NIMBY", how would you like the extractor fan from a KFC or McDonalds positioned right outside your front door?

Last edited:
In the link JMSProvan posted, someone pointed out that Mr Webb-Lee had posted himself on the Daily Mail comments boards.

From the comments:

"i am the neighbour who complained! well done DM for asking for my comments on the matter, but if you had there would be No story to print! this vent is affecting my childrens health & that is why the council denied planning!! yes i have some muslim friends who it offended, but nothing was said about my english friends who avoid my house within opening hours of the shop! shame on you "daily mail" you have stirred up lots of racial tention in my area now, so for you its "mission accomplished"

- SARAH & GRAHAM WEBB-LEE, Stockport, 21/10/2010 17:08

That does rather put it into perspective I have to admit.

In other news, I can smell bacon. About to have a full English breakfast, admittedly for lunch!

Haven't we learned not to trust anything the Daily Mail has ever printed, ever?

In the link JMSProvan posted, someone pointed out that Mr Webb-Lee had posted himself on the Daily Mail comments boards.

So the douches all work for the Daily Mail. Makes sense. Sorry Graham, for assuming you were douchey.

The amusing thing is, the Daily Heils online readers all started giving him neg rep for it...

The amusing thing is, the Daily Heils online readers all started giving him neg rep for it...

And rightly so. If you are on the internet you must, by definition, love bacon.

Damnit, I went and bought a half pound of bacon with my groceries today. Just because of this thread.

You know back in the mid-nineties Florida Orange Juice hired Rush Limbaugh to promote it's product. As a result some feminist group decided to boycott Florida Orange Juice. Now Rush is a douchebag with blinders on and this feminist group was pretty up it's own ass as well. I remember watching the news and this feminist group was picketing a particular grocery store in New York and Rush got on the radio and sent all the toothless Limbaugh listeners there to buy OJ and they bought the store out! I don't like Rush but it was nice to see these soccer moms drive away in their Jags all dejected. After all it's was a pretty stupid and ineffective boycott.

I think the same could be applied here as well, Muslim or not.

[EDIT]Nevermind, seems like other UK media groups could make money from correcting the Daily Mail's stories. Everyone seems to love hearing about how wrong they constantly are.

Last edited:
When at home, I live in Offerton. So, I have the right to take the piss out of Bullock Smithy. Or something.

But it isn't Brinnington (*shudders*).

When at home, I live in Offerton. So, I have the right to take the piss out of Bullock Smithy. Or something.

But it isn't Brinnington (*shudders*).

My brother lives in Offerton. I live near the Fiveways. I don't mind the name Bullock Smithy, the Explorer Scout unit I am a leader of is called Bullock Smithy Explorer Unit.
Quite strange that we happen to only live about a mile from each other.