A quick story with a bit of irony.

JohnnyRacer

For those who don't know, I work in a lab where people, on probation or parole for drug crimes, come in and drug test for the courts.

Today, a client did one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in the whole of my 31 years on this Earth. As he was coming out of the restroom with the collector, a small baggie fell out of his pocket.

He didn't notice. I did. I didn't say anything because within this small baggie was a white powder. I figured I let him walk right out.

We called the police. They ran a quick chem test on it. Sure enough, cocaine.

I just find it both ironic and hilarious on how this dumb ass came to a DRUG SCREENING LAB and drops this in the middle of the floor.

Hope you got a good laugh out of it as we all did at my work.

I just find it both ironic and hilarious on how this dumb ass came to a DRUG SCREENING LAB and drops this in the middle of the floor.[...]
He?s stupid enough to use that shit to begin with ... but yes, it is funny.

True, true. What's funny is the cops knew the guy when I gave them the name. They laughed pretty well also.

Lesson nr. xxxxxxx on why you shouldn't use drugs!!

I agree about the stupidity of 'hard' drug use (a bit of weed here or there I am Ok with, not to mention alcohol and tobacco) - I would not have called the Police, or may be I would but not admit to seeing who dropped it. Call me soft - I may well have a word with the user later, telling him NOT to put me in a difficult position.

Last edited:
I agree about the stupidity of 'hard' drug use (a bit of weed here or there I am Ok with, not to mention alcohol and tobacco) - I would not have called the Police, or may be I would but not admit to seeing who dropped it. Call me soft - I may well have a word with the user later, telling him NOT to put me in a difficult position.

But considering where he's working at, it could be policy.

It is. 99% of our business is with the court. We're obligated to report anything we find. Even in this manner. If we didn't report it, we would loose the courts trust. If we lost that, we may as well close up shop.