General Anime Thread

But both series are HIGHLY enjoyable. If you make it through both and enjoy yourself i really feel like you need to check out Capeta (Archie will probably agree with me)

:nod: If you watch both Initial D and Wangan Midnight, Capeta is worth giving a shot!
Oh and as for the Initial D and WM, for the love of god, DON'T I repeat DON'T watch the live action movie :p

So i finished K-ON! and I've got to say it's pretty...meh. I mean it's not bad, but it didn't blew my socks off.

Some of the characters are underused (I'd much rather have Mood-swing sawako-sensei than ?let's make cute outfits for the band? sawako) but it was enjoyable nevertheless

Let's see what KyoAni did with the second season (or not actually since there's like 5 specials before that).

Speaking of which, I'd love they kyo-ani'd (Read: Realease every single piece of music, BGM, snippet or otherwise) some western shows.P&F comes to mind.

I really enjoyed the first season, it got a bit stale by the end of the second season but it was good overall (Azusa / Ui / Jun get a lot more screen time).

Oh, and the music is pretty good, at least the ending themes with Mio.

:nod: If you watch both Initial D and Wangan Midnight, Capeta is worth giving a shot!
Oh and as for the Initial D and WM, for the love of god, DON'T I repeat DON'T watch the live action movie :p

Gotcha. You're Under Arrest has like 3 seasons, two sets of OVAs, and a movie, so I've got my work cut out for me anyway. I also need to finish Gurren Lagann, I got turned off a bit by the "7 years later" transition but it's starting to pick up again towards the end.

Last edited:
I've watched Disappearance I watched a cam version and couldn't watch all in one go so I'll wait 'till I get a proper rip which shall be in (Insert DVD Release date, which I've forgot) to make a prover statement

Jesus God was that cool, the movie was long, there's no denying that,i found the WTF is going on part a tad too long, I'd preferred a Genki Nagato to a shy Nagato, though that's the book's fault and considering Minorin's other work , it's more than likely she wouldn't have pulled it off.

But when it picked up you find yourself wanting it to be longer, Asakura pulling the Nice act and then just coming the fuck right out of nowhere to murder Kyon, Nagato being the responsible for this mess because she's getting emontion (I blame that stupid summer vacation), Kyon inner fighting with...Kyon. It was so enjoyable, so nicely put. So perfect really. I can forgive KyoAni for Endless Eight now and can't wait for the DVD.

I think I've mentioned it before, but Disappearance comes out Dec. 18 in Japan, probably sometime during the spring in the US, and summer in the UK (despite the licensing being worked out long enough ago that they could have easily had a simultaneous release).

You're Under Arrest has like 3 seasons, two sets of OVAs, and a movie, so I've got my work cut out for me anyway.

Only the first four episodes were OVA, but there were a bunch of single episode specials in between the three series and movie - all of it having continuity.
Then there was a live action series that lasted 9 episodes as well, if you feel like torturing yourself.

Last edited:
I love both J-Drama AND You're Under Arrest but i still couldn't stand watching the live action

Do we have a facepalm smiley? I've been mixing up Akio and Hiramoto and it led to quite a bit of confusion in regard to the timeline :?

WTF HAPPENED TO MY INTRO!!!!!

I've started watching K-on!! (2nd season)

WTF HAPPENED TO MY INTRO!!!!!

I've started watching K-on!! (2nd season)

Does the second season ever have the same intro as the first? But yeah, it's not as good. The ED songs make up for it.

To Aru Majutsu no Index II ep.4
OMG! WTF's wrong with the nuns, haven't they heard of ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones? I was cringing when I saw that scene.

I'm really not enjoying it all that much, and I thought Railgun was great. Even the first season was better. Hopefully it's just this story arc. And yes, earplugs are handy.

I agree. Overall I enjoyed Railgun a lot more than Index. Mikoto is a much better main character.

While having a fanfic reading fest I have discovered the average fanfic writer is an idiot when it comes to cars. Everybody despite money or magic powers they may have drives a camry or similar.

I am start reading a fic that has the main character driving a Bentley. I later look at the person's writing profile and they feel the need to mention that they have a VR6 Jetta :lol:
Well, obviously someone who actually knows what engine their car has will put better cars in their writing huh? Apparently they go to races (I assume autocross) too.

let me see if i can dig up some awesome initial d fanfic from a girl who actually have some car knowledge.

There you go katwalk: best initial d fanfic i ever read

Re: fanfics and cars: I think that just applies to the general population which of course fanfic writers are a subset of.

I think I can put my finger on what disconnects me from Index more than Railgun. Railgun actually gets into some discussion of the morals and politics of extreme fringe science. Index is just church X vs. church Y vs. church Z with no clear motive. At least they finished up the current arc in Index II, maybe I'll like the next one better.

I downloaded Rozen Maiden a long time ago but the brief summary I read didn't catch my interest. But I finally started watching it and am pleasantly surprised.
desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu kdesu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu

Last edited:
When ever I see "Aria", the words "Peaceful" and "Calming" seems to follow it. So gave it a go. And it does not disappoint. Sure sometimes the calmness goes to a point where it becomes a bit boring but its fine. Top stars for the OP and ED! Onwards Naturals!

Oh and since I saw Amagami SS being mentioned here I gave a go to that as well. Watched only 2 episodes still but its sorta interesting so will continue!

Has anyone seen The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya. Its a chibi-sized, baka-full time waster. :D

After googling the whole "desu" thing, I might check out Rozen Maiden now. Desu..

The Haruhi-chan sounds like a knock-off of Shana-tan which was subsequently knocked off by Index-tan. Hell for all I know Shana-tan was a knock-off of something else....

Has anyone seen The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya. Its a chibi-sized, baka-full time waster. :D

After googling the whole "desu" thing, I might check out Rozen Maiden now. Desu..

I have, it's really properly funny, sort of like Haruhi meets Lucky Star. Desu.

When ever I see "Aria", the words "Peaceful" and "Calming" seems to follow it. So gave it a go. And it does not disappoint. Sure sometimes the calmness goes to a point where it becomes a bit boring but its fine. Top stars for the OP and ED! Onwards Naturals!

Oh and since I saw Amagami SS being mentioned here I gave a go to that as well. Watched only 2 episodes still but its sorta interesting so will continue!

Aria is awesome, the Natural and Origination are even better than the first season imo, you will not be dissappointed. Just don't marathon through it or it'll put you to sleep. lol.

Aria is awesome, the Natural and Origination are even better than the first season imo, you will not be dissappointed. Just don't marathon through it or it'll put you to sleep. lol.

Yeah that almost happened :p Glad to hear the other seasons are even better!