Random Thoughts....

So am I the only one who got a PM from a dude name "stx53550" that told me to remove myself from the gene pool? What a pleasant guy.....
I got one that said the same thing, and that I should "STFU before I get my head kicked in", or something like that. What a silly bastard. :lmao:

Lenovo's ThinkPad line. You'll get less bang per buck than from the competitors, but a much better built quality in exchange.

I'm not sure how much better quality lenovo's line really is tbh. My x201 could sit a little flatter on the table.

I got up at 9:00am, no one home.
Almost 9:30pm now, still no one.

It's been great having the house to myself, but shit it's been boring/lonely.
Still, louder than normal music is nice..

Well my own Toshiba (brand recommended by ubergeek friend) is now 4 years old and going strong. Plus it's running XP.

The work one I'm using now is HP running Vista and it's a piece of crap.

Ah god. I've an exam at 4pm on a Saturday this year. :(

Digimon, digital monster, digimon are the champions...

Now that takes me back. Terrible theme song, great show, and the dialogue was surprisingly well-done seeing that it was a dub. I especially liked Gatomon.

They have us on more than lazyness. Anyone living in a dorm is REQUIRED to get a meal plan, minimum $1,600/semester. I could go to about a dozen places off campus and eat for under $10 a meal, which is around what their rate comes out to, and then I'd have food that actually is edible! But nooo, we must pay for terrible, overpriced food thanks to what amounts to be a regulated monopoly. If Microsoft can be sued for "unfair business practices", can Sodexo?

Ahh... one thing I love in Finnish universities/polytechnics is the meals. 2.60?/meal (2.35? if you eat yesterdays food), why would you eat somewhere else? And you don't have to eat there, but almost everybody does.

Well my own Toshiba (brand recommended by ubergeek friend) is now 4 years old and going strong. Plus it's running XP.

The work one I'm using now is HP running Vista and it's a piece of crap.

that could just as well be entirely vistas fault :p

Aw come on, it very well may not be Vista's fault. I've seen new work machines running XP that have been downright crap to run. Vista wasn't nearly as horrible as people make it out.

/ducks and runs.

"I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was. *Doo doo doodoo*
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cauuuuuse.
I will travel across the land, searching far and wide *Doo doo doodoo*
Teach Pokemon to understand the POWER THAT'S INSIIIIIIIIIIDE" > Digimon.

your all wrong, this was the best.

[video=youtube;Bdz1oWtYU-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdz1oWtYU-0[/video]

^what he said!

Atleast our 25 minute toy commercials had Peter Cullen in them :p

I don't know why everyone has issues with Vista. I haven't had any issues with it at all, except for when a game maker has been very old school/lazy and refuses to update their game code standards to run in Vista/7.

Other than that, no issues whatsoever for me and I've had it for 2 years with no reinstall. (It hasn't even slowed down really and if it has, I blame MS Office.)

I don't know why everyone has issues with Vista. I haven't had any issues with it at all, except for when a game maker has been very old school/lazy and refuses to update their game code standards to run in Vista/7.

Other than that, no issues whatsoever for me and I've had it for 2 years with no reinstall. (It hasn't even slowed down really and if it has, I blame MS Office.)

It got its reputation because it was shit when it was released. From SP1 (and even earlier) it was a perfectly good operating system.

Oh yeah I'm well aware of the original Vista. One of my classmates Freshman year had an HP laptop with regular vista and it was always BSOD-ing on him. He eventually installed XP on it. I only had SP1 though and it's been quite good to me. I can get it to run anything I properly need, but some fun stuff doesn't work because I have 32 bit. (only 2 gigs o' ram!)

Just got bitched out by my boss, little do they know that I know how much they charge for my services in relation to how much they pay me. Passive aggressive mode on till I quit, and I'm stealing all their clients in the meantime. I hope they enjoy being caught with their pants down.

I like Vista, I have had no problems for the past two years.

So it is mid term elections here in the U.S, and here in Illinois I made sure I voted three times. I do hope my fellow Illinoisans vote at minimum three times, also. Make sure your dead relatives, pets and blatantly obvious illegal alien neighbors also get out and vote. It's the Illinois way! :dance:

Today is the one month mark of not eating at McDonalds. Up to that point I was eating at least four times, if not more per week. The store is locate a tenth of a mile from my workplace, so...regardless, I now pack my own lunch and lost my potbelly I was getting. Now I just have a normal middle aged male paunch.

Today is the one month mark of not eating at McDonalds. Up to that point I was eating at least four times, if not more per week. The store is locate a tenth of a mile from my workplace, so...regardless, I now pack my own lunch and lost my potbelly I was getting. Now I just have a normal middle aged male paunch.

Well done jay, i've managed to go almost a year without a McDonalds and while i miss it at times, i do feel a lot better for it.