James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

IDK, Koenigsegg might just have some impact on the future of personal transport propulsion. They did the solar-powered Quant concept long before Porsche and Ferrari introduced their hybrids, and now they're working on something called a pneubrid, which I don't understand but think sounds quite interesting.

Cargine.com said:
Consequently, Cargine has a cooperation with the Swedish supercar manufacturer Koenigsegg, when it comes to technical development and Business strategy. Koenigsegg has actively been working with Cargine since 2001. Koenigsegg has an ambition to be among the first car manufacturer to adopt the Cargine freevalve system. Christian von Koenigsegg also came up with the Pneubrid marketing concept for Cargine. A more attractive and attention-grabbing platform than Koenigsegg is hard to find!

http://www.cargine.com/marketing.html

Also ~ http://www.cargine.com/tech3.html

Anyway, yeah, a supercar may be "useless" compared to other inventions, but aren't supercars more about pushing the limits of what a car can do and putting a ginormous smile on your face in the process?

I just posted a comment replying to his reply. I'm the one making reference to HMS Vanguard and piston engines.

I wonder if this is the newspaper column for this week? It's going to be incomprehensible to anyone who only reads the hard copy

And...very erudite comment, Labcoatguy.

I agree with James re: cycling regulations. They shouldn't exist.

In any case, what's wrong with having spanners in order, eh? I'm already getting hacked off with having to justify it. I bet when God created the world he had all his baking tins in order, even if he didn't put the oven on high enough.

:lmao:

We have a system at work, called the "5 S".

Sort
Shine
Standardize.
Sustain
Store

Everything has a place, and is even marked out with colored tape to show where it all goes. :)

Is anyone else getting a little bored with the comedy stylings of poster @rozbif and her new best mates on the DT website? Or is it just me?

It's their own personal message-board!

Yeah, you're not the only one, Amie8. I think many of the commenters there come off as a bit unhinged, to be perfectly frank. Especially the one who writes poetry, lol.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was actually comedy. I've seen more entertaining exchanges on my 12 year old cousins facebook page.

Been awhile since I read the comments, but WTF. From a previous column it appears James monitors them to some extent; I wonder what he makes of dozens of pages of shite overseen by a self-appointed Queen of Crap.

Breaking up is hard to do

James has to clear out his Boxster before trading it in.

In the other door pocket was a rolled-up copy of Heat magazine. I honestly swear to God I don?t know how this could have found its way into my car. I stood there with it in my hand, dumbfounded. I?d have been less amazed to find one of St Paul?s letters to the Corinthians in there.

:-D

I had a look around at the website of James' Porsche dealer in West London. This looks like his old car (Silver with Cocoa interior), except the year of registration doesn't look right.

http://www.porschehost.com/ApprovedStockIframe.asp?opc=1

For ?23,900, it's a bargain.

(Edit: Just noticed the link doesn't go through to the exact page, but it's the one that's up for ?23,900)

Last edited:
I think the registration date (October 2005) makes sense, actually. During the Cool Wall segment in 6x11, Jeremy puts the Boxster in "Seriously Uncool" because James had just ordered one. That was early August 2005. At the end of 7x01 (mid-November 2005), James mentions he's got it.

James's Boxster had a 55 plate. It had a starring role in one of the segments a while back. It might have been the tractors.