Random Thoughts....

OK, seeking some thoughts....Got a BBQ on Sunday, and I'm in charge of nibbles. I'm in two minds....

cheeses, chips, breads, dips, fruit, cold meat stuff etc

or

little frittatas of various flavours, crunchy rolls (sorta like spring rolls), baked vege chips and some sort of dips....

What do you prefer?

Needs more twiggy

Gonna be in San Francisco for a week for a Chrysler thing. No recommendations requested, just thought I'd let you all know. :)

.. and remember to change your top hat to a Yankee-doodle one, lest the Border control people at SFO think you?re a foreigner.

Have a good trip as well. :cool:

Argh I`m trapped at work with an idea for a wonderful modification to BlaRo`s avatar. Will work on it when I get home and have access to photoshop...

Aha....here we go...:D

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cl/clockwerk/2010/11/12/gayavi.jpg

:lol:

Oh yes, the Freddie Mercury tribute look.

That?ll go down well with the Border Patrol & Customs. :p

"Oooh, I wouldn't mind getting a cavity search from that border guard" is the message it's sending.

Well, once again I may have killed an IRC conversation by talking about my balls.

Well, once again I may have killed an IRC conversation by talking about my balls.

:hug:
You can talk to me about it. Kat is "things you don't want to know" queen

Thanks to a certain Connecticut resident's player hating, my rep is now 1950. In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy gives a speech in front of the Republican Women's Club in Wheeling, West Virginia, and shoots to political infamy by claiming that there are 205 Communists in the State Department. 1950 is also the year North Korea invaded the 38th parallel, and the year L. Ron Hubbard publishes <i>Dianetics.</i> Clearly, 1950 was a good year for crazy people.

Can someone help me solve this simultaneous equation?

x = 5 - 9y
4x + 9y = -7

I tried substituting x into the second equation but that's apparently wrong and the worksheet says to use the 'addition' method.

Thanks

:nod: addition is correct. When you flip the lower equation around you get

x = 5 - 9y
-7 = 4x + 9y

Add both together.
Substituting x into the lower equation would work as well, you'd have this

4(5 - 9y) + 9y = -7

Both ways are solvable, and should lead to the same result.

Last edited:
I moved into a new place today so I won't be on here too much for the next few days.

I know this is going to be difficult for you guys, but I'll be back to normal in a day or two. :mrgreen:

Watched one of my neighbors drive over two curbs up onto a median and into a bush while trying to park their car, I laughed.

Can someone help me solve this simultaneous equation?

x = 5 - 9y
4x + 9y = -7

I tried substituting x into the second equation but that's apparently wrong and the worksheet says to use the 'addition' method.

Thanks

What do you get as your answer? Narf's methodology is correct.

Mathematica (Yes I'm lazy :p) gives x = -4, y = 1.

I thought the cool kids would not use e-mail anymore anyways. Apart from that, no one in his right mind would use this. I would not even reply to a mail from a facebook account.

do you really believe facebook will CALL it email?
they'll just call it something else, so it's all cool and stuff... or whatever -.-

also, about "in his right mind"-people: every day i see more and more of my FB-friends using the "friend-finder" - you know, the thing where you actually supply facebook with your e-mail login-data? ... so no, a majority of people on facebook simply can't be in their right minds...

Last edited:
My rep is at 1966! In 1966, Ken Kesey held his first Acid Test in San Francisco, where I will be in approx. 13 hours. Anton LaVey founded the Church of Satanism in the same city, while John Lennon said to the London Evening Standard, "we're bigger than Jesus." All of these events may be related.

Also, Beefeater winter gin, apple juice, and a cinnamon stick, served warm, makes for a great drink in the sitting-in-front-of-a-fireplace-reading-Yeats sort of way. Thanks for the free shot samples, Heathrow duty-free! Between that and the "Fastest Time Through Security Without Having Your Balls Touched" award, you are the BEST airport. :thumbsup: