The "New Toys" Thread

My music collection is currently at around 85GiB... the 320GB drive installed is already feeling cramped...

I have an 80 GB HDD in the netbook, I'm sure I could trim it to 40 GB with no problem. Of course, this is only because the desktop has 750 GB of storage....

My music collection is currently at around 85GiB... the 320GB drive installed is already feeling cramped...

I have 3x 1TB hard drive on my desktop +1TB external. I think I'm good. My notebook has <10GB used space, I use it mainly for interwebs and some photo edit and backup.

Last edited:
Well, there was a roadmap from Intel leaked a while ago, were it said that they would come out with a 160gb SSD to replace the current 80gb.. It said "Q4".. I've sort of been holding out for that one, 160gb would suit me nicely :) But haven't heard anything new since then.

Razer Imperator came in today!
razermouse_1-thumb-550xauto-29734.jpg

Correct. Due to the wall being set up for mounting a TV, the heat aspect of the stupid electric fireplace has been disabled. It's only decorative as a result.

I have a 50in Panasonic Plasma mounted above a traditional fireplace that we use frequently during the winter. The TV has yet to have any problem and the bricks never even get warm when we have a fire going.

Except a TV monitor has no TV tuner, ergo no cable TV.

Sure, she could buy an external TV tuner and hook it up to her laptop. But it isn't exactly hassle-free.

Who watches TV anymore? o_O

I don't watch all that much TV but considering I DO have cable and video game systems it makes sense to just buy the tv rather than buy all the damn adapters. The price difference between monitor + tuner and tv is only a couple dollars.

Also, like I said, it came with mom's furniture so it was technically free :p It was that or an PS3 which would have either had to been hooked up in the living room where I never am or hooked up to my old 13" tube tv. Considering I only like a handful of PS3 exclusive games that would be a huge waste.

I have mine sitting on the mantle on my electric fireplace back in Canada, and I use the fireplace... it doesn't blow heat upwards, but outwards. Maybe yours is the same?

Heat is disabled on mine. I had no say in the matter and it's fine by me.

Just finished installing the new graphics card. It's an ASUS ENGTX 470 with 1280 MB DDR5 ram, replacing my old Gainward 8800 GTX with 768 MB DDR3 ram.

You certainly can't say Asus doesn't know how to aesthethically pack their products.

I ran identical benchmarks with the old and new card.

3D Mark 06 shows only a 42% GPU increase, but that's an old benchmark, only using directx 9.0, don't think there'll be significant improvements there in the future, however 3D Mark Vantage, which uses directx 10.0, shows a spectacular 125% GPU increase!

:eek:

WD10EADS.jpg

To take the place of the 250GB 2.5" in the HTPC.

75 feet of HDMI cable so I could watch videos off my computer on my new TV:

12-270-231-S02

Unfortunately I didn't realize the cable was going to be 1/2" in diameter, so it's going to be tough to stuff it under the edge of the carpet...

75 feet of HDMI cable so I could watch videos off my computer on my new TV:

12-270-231-S02

Unfortunately I didn't realize the cable was going to be 1/2" in diameter, so it's going to be tough to stuff it under the edge of the carpet...

Umm signal loss much?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Umm signal loss much?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

They sell 100 footers, but that's why it's so thick -- shielding. Plus it's digital meaning you either get a picture or you don't. No signal loss really. :) Or at least I think so. I forgot until I went to go hook it up that my video card only has micro HDMI, so I'm waiting on a female/female HDMI connector so I can hook a 3 foot HDMI normal/micro cable up to the 75 foot cable.

Sent from my PC using Firefox 4

Last edited: