Gran Turismo 5

Are you doing burnouts out of every corner?

Nope. The color of the rear wheels rapidly goes down when I'm going >200mph on the straight. And braking for the first chicane kill my front tires. I even tried it with traction control and ASM on, and no luck.

Take my advice from earlier and beat the Miata challenge in B-spec mode and use the Mazda Furai you get as a prize to beat the GT World Championship.

It's not hugely powerful and is limited to under 300 km/h, but it is very light and comes with racing tires, so you should be able to win pretty easily. I had a Mclaren F1 race car as one of my opponents, but even it's power and top speed advantage were no match for the Furai's savage acceleration and cornering! :D

I also tried the Furai in the "Like The Wind" challenge and it didn't stand a chance against those much more powerful LeMans monsters...:(

What car did you guys use for that challenge? It seems only LeMans type cars stand a chance.

Last edited:
http://img193.imageshack.**/img193/762/eifelcircuit640x426.jpg

GTPlanet user NISMO_GTR_ noticed something looked a bit odd when he flipped his Mine?s R34 Skyline: Phillips-head screws, an AUTOart logo, and a bit of text that read ?1/18 Nissan Skyline R34?. AUTOart, of course, is a large manufacturer of die-cast car models ? a popular feature around the Polyphony Digital offices.

The user who discovered the suspect texture actually has this model and snapped this picture to confirm that everything does, indeed, line up. Nice one, Kazunori-san, and good spot, NISMO_GTR_!
http://img577.imageshack.**/img577/5871/underside0021.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-easter-egg-r34-skyline-has-die-cast-underside/

I don't know what to think.
If its supposed to be an easter egg then :lol:
If not, and they screwed up, that thats pathetic.

Last edited:
Take my advice from earlier and beat the Miata challenge in B-spec mode and use the Mazda Furai you get as a prize to beat the GT World Championship.

It's not hugely powerful and is limited to under 300 km/h, but it is very light and comes with racing tires, so you should be able to win pretty easily. I had a Mclaren F1 race car as one of my opponents, but even it's power and top speed advantage were no match for the Furai's savage acceleration and cornering! :D

I also tried the Furai in the "Like The Wind" challenge and it didn't stand a chance against those much more powerful LeMans monsters...:(

What car did you guys use for that challenge? It seems only LeMans type cars stand a chance.

I used the 908.

I finally got Inspector Morse to win the bloody Sunday Cup. I had to put him into a Maserati Gran Turismo to do it, that Mazda 6 was just too much for him otherwise.

Got the bloody game!
Expect me to post here a lot.

So regarding the GT all stars in the Expert tier.

What did you guys beat it with? I have a grand total of 1 Race car....and that's a Civic <_<

Lambo's and Fezza's arent cutting it anymore, so I need my first proper racecar, keep in mind I'm only at level 19.

Any sudgestions?

Spent the last hour shouting obscenities at Jeff Gordon and my hands are sore from death gripping the wheel. That last Jeff Gordon Special event is a load of bull. If you manage to get to last slip stream of the last 4 or 5 cars it's all chance from there no skill involved, what the AI does determines whether you get glorious gold or shameful bronze or complete failure.

Change downforce to 30 50.
You don't need to brake.

I knew when you won it, but not the buy/gift part.

You can't gift an X1 untill someone buys it at level 40. (You win it at level 30)
I'm almost at 28... I need that car.

How come we haven't had a Final Gear free play? :(

Last edited:
B-Spec race: beginner series world compact car race

Vehicle: Citroen c4 wrc

I think I've gone too far into the special/a-spec without doing b-spec hahaha

By the braking point of turn 1 he had a 2 second lead hahahahahaha

Last edited:
B-Spec race: beginner series world compact car race

Vehicle: Citroen c4 wrc

I think I've gone too far into the special/a-spec without doing b-spec hahaha

By the braking point of turn 1 he had a 2 second lead hahahahahaha

That's the only way to play B-Spec. ^^

Just won the C63 AMG, what a drifting beast :lol:

That's the only way to play B-Spec. ^^

European Classic Car. Well obviously you use the Countach, I mean, it's clearly the proper choice

However my meatbag seems to be a dunce when it comes to rwd... or he wants to jump ship to D1 grand prix's haha

Audi RS6 '08
- 940HP / 7400rpm
- 672ft-lb / 6900rpm

Mercedes C 63 AMG
- 879hp / ????rpm

Max BHP thread

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

God, driving anything after you just drove a fully tuned Veyron over the mulsanne straight feels slow compaired to it :D

I'm gonna try to do the 2nd German challenge with the C63, but since it doesn't stand a chance against the SLS, I'm trying to tune it to have the same power and weight specs (without spending too much money). I did the stage 1 weight reduction and it shaved a massive 200kg off of the car, so it's already lighter than the SLS. Power-wise, it's got almost 600 hp, so it has a little less power, but a lot of less weight...we'll see what happens. :D