Votes: 45 19.6%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I haven't laughed so hard in a a long time. Genuinely entertaining! If I had any complaint its that the show really needs the other 15 minutes (then they could have fit a car review in), but that's something that can't be helped. It may not win any philosophical awards but dam if that wasn't entertaining, which is what really matters. The Tiger woods comment made me laugh, and it was to nice to see them take shots at Buick and the Mustang. The cheap car challenge was hilarious, and the Caddy jump was epic. I agree it should be kept in the studio. The only detractor for me was the montage at the end, wasn't necessary. The segment wasn't long enough to get the feeling that they bonded with their cars, like say the guys did in the American road trip special in Season 8. The guys seem to be bonding well too. Nice to see the news return. 9/10

Also, mark me down as another person who likes Rutledge.

Last edited:
Im really sorry but when Tanner says Nissan it reeeeeeally irritates me

Im really sorry but when Tanner says Nissan it reeeeeeally irritates me

It's funny how different pronounciations for car manufacturers strike out from the speech, isn't it? It's the same for me whenever I hear respected american motoring (or motorsports) journalists pronounce Peugeot as 'puh-jo'.

(this, btw, is not a criticism towards anyone, just an observation).

It's funny how different pronounciations for car manufacturers strike out from the speech, isn't it? It's the same for me whenever I hear respected american motoring (or motorsports) journalists pronounce Peugeot as 'puh-jo'.

(this, btw, is not a criticism towards anyone, just an observation).

It's the same with JC. Somehow, he always says Toyotar.

I actually found it enjoyable. I laughed at some points and they are indeed certain individuals and not traits you can see when comparing to the TG3. As it is seems to be replicating certain aspects of past challenges, you have to remember that TG have done pretty much nearly everything you can think of. I reckon this will be staying for a while. 8/10.

Maybe I'm biased because I've been a TGUK fan since the 3rd series, and I've been waiting for this show since it was announced that the pilot had filmed with Adam Corolla and David Hasselhof as the SIARPC. But I'm totally loving this show! I was rarely a fan of SIARPC on the UK show, very very few exceptions as to when I liked it. TGUS is just as bad with this segment, but because I never really liked it to begin with I can't say the show is a failure.

Why is everyone hating on Tanner? He is so far my fave host! He can drive a car like nobodies business and has a good subtle sense of humor. When you're not expecting it he comes out with a great cocky line. Rutledge is just funny, and Adam has grown on me very rapidly. I don't think he makes the best interviewer/main host, but I do think he works well.

Over all I'm very pleased with the show and can't wait for next weeks episode! The only thing I really can't get over is the commercial breaks! THEY KILL THE SHOW!!! I watch the show after the rip is out so I don't have to worry about them usually, but this episode I watched on History's website before the rip came out and hated it! After I DLed the rip though, and was able to watch the whole episode with no breaks, I liked it a lot.

Get your panties out of a wad. i dont want to be rude but its people like you that plague all forums. let the guy say "loling" if he wants to. did it really kill you so much in side that you had to post something about it?(rant over)

yes, thats why i posted it. "people like me"?

Why is everyone hating on Tanner? He is so far my fave host! He can drive a car like nobodies business and has a good subtle sense of humor. When you're not expecting it he comes out with a great cocky line. Rutledge is just funny, and Adam has grown on me very rapidly. I don't think he makes the best interviewer/main host, but I do think he works well.

My thoughts exactly sir.:welcome:

The shows chemistry still needs a lot of work. I am happy to watch the rips of the show, I don't think I would get fed up if I had to deal with commercial breaks.

i say this all the time and ill say it again, Tanner is a pro racing driver, this show isnt about pro racing drivers, its about 3 "normal" guys not 2 normal guys and a pro racing driver. thats the Stigs job. THATS my problem with Tanner

Last edited:
Love how differnt peopel think certain hosts should go and others are saying those hosts are theri favorites... I actually think it bodes well for all three of them. Also find it humorous that people are complaining about it being scripted, as if TG:Uk isn't (and in many cases OBVIOUSLY scripted, as well. How do you manage to have that many camera nagles on a car/host that is supposedly lost, and yet never see any of the other cameras from any other angle? Yeah, multiple takes from multiple locations that are known well in advance. Ignored by fans on TG:UK, but complained about on TG:USA).

Overall, I really liked this episode. Even if scripted, I like the fact that they are trying out ragging on cars. The Buick jokes were understandable as there wasn't a Buick on the episode, But allowing Tanner to insult the Mustang that Ford sent over to display, now that shows promise. Both of those are things that no other American car show does, and something that fans were worried would not happen on this one.

Speaking of the Mustang, the show was taped a while ago, and that was a pre-production one, so couldn't be driven yet, as it wasn't completely ready.

My wife is a huge fan of TG:UK, but thinks this one, after the second episode, shows real promise. Both of us think Rut is most natural of the hosts. Not the best "joke teller" but the best in his natural responses to what's going on around him.

i say this all the time and ill say it again, Tanner is a pro racing driver, this show isnt about pro racing drivers, its about 3 "normal" guys not 2 normal guys and a pro racing driver. thats the Stigs job. THATS my problem with Tanner

I disagree. I think the fact that he's a pro driver wil cause him to be the butt of much ribbing by the other two, especially if they beat him at a challenge. And I think we need someone of that caliber to drive some of the faster exposes, like that Evo segment. it's be differnt if he was a Mario Andretti or a Michael Schumacher, but he's really just a good driver that happend to be in a couple of professional series (one of which was drifting, which as anyone knows, isn't "real" racing...hehehehe). He just needs to be a bit more charismatic, and I think bouncing off of guys like Rut will bring that out more than any other show he's been on.

How do you manage to have that many camera nagles on a car/host that is supposedly lost, and yet never see any of the other cameras from any other angle? Yeah, multiple takes from multiple locations that are known well in advance.

it has been said a million times on here. its genuine, what they do is after they film the car getting lost for real they go BACK to the location and film differnt shots to assist in the production. its why on TG UK, for example, when Jezza races agains the other two from like Italy to London that they have a shot of an old lady watching the car drive by. its a scripted race but only to guild, they let shit happen as it happens and thats what they film. do you really think jezza knew ALL that stuff about that car? remember when he called the insurance place for a quote? i will bet money that was an idea that came up during the race and maybe a producer said "hey jezza, you should call and get a quote". my point is, yes the shots scripted but only AFTER filming is over. Andy has made that well known and its no different with TG US.

the reason why the TG UK fans dont bitch and the TG US ones do is because (IMO) the TG UK fans know this happens after and we love it because it makes it very pretty but most of the TG US fans (as we have seen on here) are very new to the actual uncut shows we have available here and dont know how these beautiful films are made to look so good so they question the integrity of the filming. its a good thing, when the cut scenes are so well done that they are convincing enough for you to question then someone is doing something rite! do you know what i mean?

Just so we're clear, I'm not criticizing anyone, just an observation.

You should hear how we pronounce everything in english :D

But I did like this episode though

Last edited:
After the second episode, I've said elsewhere that if TGUS continued to improve at that rate, it might genuinely rival the original within 3-4 seasons. After this episode, I have to take that back. It'll happen by the end of season 2 at this rate.

Agreed, but I have to admit I keep expecting them to say pounds instead of dollars or under the bonnet... Definitely makes me miss TGUK, but it is improving exponentially every week!

it has been said a million times on here. its genuine, what they do is after they film the car getting lost for real they go BACK to the location and film differnt shots to assist in the production. its why on TG UK, for example, when Jezza races agains the other two from like Italy to London that they have a shot of an old lady watching the car drive by. its a scripted race but only to guild, they let shit happen as it happens and thats what they film. do you really think jezza knew ALL that stuff about that car? remember when he called the insurance place for a quote? i will bet money that was an idea that came up during the race and maybe a producer said "hey jezza, you should call and get a quote". my point is, yes the shots scripted but only AFTER filming is over. Andy has made that well known and its no different with TG US.

the reason why the TG UK fans dont bitch and the TG US ones do is because (IMO) the TG UK fans know this happens after and we love it because it makes it very pretty but most of the TG US fans (as we have seen on here) are very new to the actual uncut shows we have available here and dont know how these beautiful films are made to look so good so they question the integrity of the filming. its a good thing, when the cut scenes are so well done that they are convincing enough for you to question then someone is doing something rite! do you know what i mean?

The hosts themselves actually addressed this issue on a Fox Car Report interview the Thursday before the premiere. They run the race first to see the result, then go back and re-shoot at interesting areas on the track (i.e. the skiers jumping the Evo).

The hosts themselves actually addressed this issue on a Fox Car Report interview the Thursday before the premiere. They run the race first to see the result, then go back and re-shoot at interesting areas on the track (i.e. the skiers jumping the Evo).

exactly

it has been said a million times on here. its genuine, what they do is after they film the car getting lost for real they go BACK to the location and film differnt shots to assist in the production.

So explain the caravan-blimp bit ending up in controlled airspace. Are you saying they let May fly the blimp alone and get lost in controlled airspace, then afterwards fly it AGAIN back though there with multiple camera angles from multiple helicopters after getting actual clearance to do so?

Not buying it.

Same with the epeside that featured the Hawk Lancia Stratos replica. Abused the car lap after lap getting pictures from differnt angles, the practiced spinning out until they could do it on camera, took a few takes, then edited the thing together to make it look like it couldn't complete an entire lap due to being so ill handling. It was scripted and fake and made a good company look bad.

Basically, scripting it is fine, having what you see being faked is fine, so long as it dos't LOOK scripted or fake. if it does on TG;USA, it needs to be belittled, but if ti's apparent on TG:UK (like dropping a piano on yet another Austin) then it's written of as "well, it's only supposed to be for entertainment."

I love TG:UK, and have watched it for years. But the double standard about what they can get away with vs TG:USA is amazing at times.

So explain the caravan-blimp bit ending up in controlled airspace. Are you saying they let May fly the blimp alone and get lost in controlled airspace, then afterwards fly it AGAIN back though there with multiple camera angles from multiple helicopters after getting actual clearance to do so?

Not buying it.

The "do it for real, then go back for beauty shots" is the actual approach for races, for example London to Oslo with the SLR vs the boat. James in a blimp was no race, just a segment full of cocking about.