Webber ended season with fractured shoulder.

Button runs the triathlon I believe.
Oh and HatePersonified... you mention stationary bikes in your post and then completely forget about them like they're not an option.
It says he got on a mountain bike for the first time since 2008, and on the first go he goes and breaks his bones... that's unlucky, sure, but also a bit reckless. I'm not saying live in a bubble, but when your tool for your job is your own body... take extra care of it.
Last but not least he should have told the team. They could have tried to come up with different strategies, or do something different, you never know, but I don't think there's any chance he profited at all from not telling them.

Last but not least he should have told the team. They could have tried to come up with different strategies, or do something different, you never know, but I don't think there's any chance he profited at all from not telling them.

This is a good point, but I don't think Webber wanted to give Red Bull another reason to favour Vettel. :evil:

Button runs the triathlon I believe.
Oh and HatePersonified... you mention stationary bikes in your post and then completely forget about them like they're not an option.

Yes I did, for obvious reasons. Perhaps you're completely alien to the world of performance athleticism, but stationary bikes are NOT well liked because they're so damn boring for the poor bloke riding them.. Outdoor biking is much better for the 'fun' factor of a workout AND usually gets a better workout from the person as well.

Although there's also quite a large number of racing drivers from all disciplines of motorsport who are pretty keen marathon runners.

This is true, but usually none of them are Mark's age, he's at the point like Reubens where the cartilage in joints is beginning to wear down with age, and running injuries are much easier to come by and are more common. Also note: Marathon running is on the street: oh no he's not in the gym all safe on a treadmill what if something completely due to bad luck happens to him?

Last edited:
Yes I did, for obvious reasons. Perhaps you're completely alien to the world of performance athleticism, but stationary bikes are NOT well liked because they're so damn boring for the poor bloke riding them.. Outdoor biking is much better for the 'fun' factor of a workout AND usually gets a better workout from the person as well.

I don't give a shit if they're boring or not. It's your job. As a professional athlete it's your job to be completely fit and if that means a couple of hours of boring stuff, then suck it up and do it. Jeopardizing a full year of work because you thought outdoor cycling was prettier is an imperial ton of crap.

This is true, but usually none of them are Mark's age, he's at the point like Reubens where the cartilage in joints is beginning to wear down with age, and running injuries are much easier to come by and are more common. Also note: Marathon running is on the street: oh no he's not in the gym all safe on a treadmill what if something completely due to bad luck happens to him?

Button's 30. Mark's 34. That's not a WORLD of difference. Schumacher is 41 and thus far has not complained of arthritis.

Last edited:
I don't give a shit if they're boring or not. It's your job. As a professional athlete it's your job to be completely fit and if that means a couple of hours of boring stuff, then suck it up and do it. Jeopardizing a full year of work because you thought outdoor cycling was prettier is an imperial ton of crap.

It's a fucking bike, hes not swimming in a fucking open water reactor. Jesus Christ, you talk so much bullshit.

It's a fucking bike, hes not swimming in a fucking open water reactor. Jesus Christ, you talk so much bullshit.

That bike costed him a championship, probably the last one he'll have a shot at. He will curse that bike for the rest of time.

What the fuck are you talking about? How did it cost him the championship?

Webber says there was no impact. The team says there was no impact (with zero change in the data he was returning in the car). NO ONE says there was any impact on his season or capabilities except you, some guy posting on the internet from Portugal.

He had some pain to deal with, but with a some anti-inflammatory injections to reduce inflammation (which is what cortisol does, it's an anti-inflammatory) he sucked it up and got one with the job, and did it exactly the same as he was doing it before.

Last edited:
If both Webber and Red Bull claim no measurable drop I'd see no reason not to believe them.

I haven't come across any place reporting there was no performance drop coming from this... If they say it wasn't an issue then I believe them too. Whether he'd have won it or not if this didn't happen we'll never know.

I haven't come across any place reporting there was no performance drop coming from this.

In the first post of this thread you can read a quote by Christian Horner: "It was an injury that did not appear to have any effect on his performance."

In the first post of this thread you can read a quote by Christian Horner: "It was an injury that did not appear to have any effect on his performance."

Then why was he "disappointed and frustrated" cos he wasn't informed? Surely if it didn't have an effect, it didn't matter.

Because his driver was hiding something from him. Quite understandable to be disappointed, the team relationship should be open and honest... even with matters that in the end did not affect the results (probably).

Because his driver was hiding something from him. Quite understandable to be disappointed, the team relationship should be open and honest... even with matters that in the end did not affect the results (probably).

Oh look we agree.

none of this matters! could we have not asked for a better finish? yea, webber was hurt but damn that was fun! anyways, does anyone remember when Bernie predicted Vettel would win it? That he WANTED Vettel to win it? does this strike nobody as interesting? ill try and find the article but it was way back at the beginning of the season.

Edit: this isnt the article i saw because the one that i read was on Formula1.com but its close enough

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/5829.html

Last edited:
I haven't come across any place reporting there was no performance drop coming from this... If they say it wasn't an issue then I believe them too. Whether he'd have won it or not if this didn't happen we'll never know.

That bike costed him a championship, probably the last one he'll have a shot at. He will curse that bike for the rest of time.

:rolleyes: Please just stop talking.

:rolleyes: Please just stop talking.

The second quote was from before I had read the statement that it had no effect. The first one was after it was brought to my attention. I am still skeptical but I'll believe the team's conclusions. Now stop taking my statements out of the context of the flow of this conversation.

From Webber's POV it is a risk reward equation.

Risk = get hit by a stupid driver or fall heavily - could affect his day job (driving an F1 car), Reward = fitness and a certain mental relaxation and enjoyment.

He is not a child and he knows this and has chosen his relaxation activity - good on him not to winge too.

The second quote was from before I had read the statement that it had no effect. The first one was after it was brought to my attention. I am still skeptical but I'll believe the team's conclusions. Now stop taking my statements out of the context of the flow of this conversation.

How is it out of context? You don't read the first post of the thread, you don't read the article, you post absolute bullshit, you then backtrack on this and somehow informing you of this is quoting you out of context? You need a reality check dude.