If you were President of the United States..

Tony Blair was a C***. Gordon Brown was incompetent even as a chancellor, John Major was not bright enough to work out the change on a bus, Mrs T. was too right all the time when she was not, Callaghan was invisible and had to keep the Labour party together, Harold Wilson was a prisoner of his time, Ted Heath was a stupid and way too keen on the EEC, Lord Home was a skeleton, Macmillan was a well meaning buffoon, Anthony Eden was promoted well above his pay grade and looked the part, but was so thick it hurt (reminds one of Bush - but is another story), Atlee could not think out of his Labour box but was actually quite good - he did what he said he would, Churchill was Churchill. There we are back at WWII.

Last edited:
Why stop there? Chamberlain thought he ruled Europe, Baldwin was so anonymous that he once (according to Andrew Marr) was recognised by an old school mate, who then preseeded to ask "what are you doing these days?", Ramsey MacDonald is a dirty word (not least because of his chancellor, Chamberlain), Lloyd George was a sex crazed corrupt authoritarian liberal-conservative weird-person, Asquith was a drunk, Campbell-Bannerman was sleepy and Balfour was clueless enough about foreign policy and political science to believe that they could get Trotskij (a jew) on their side by promising the zionists a state in Palestine, ignoring that Trotskij was an internationalist, not a zionist.

That's the British PMs I know stuff about. I don't have a clue about The Marquess of Salisbury.

Guess my personal favorite is Attlee. The PM I dislike the most must be Maggie, the biggest twat.. well. I'll give Cameron a chance, he might out-twat Tony, but it's early days and it would be unfair to poo-poo Cameron this early on. Oldest-looking.. well.. MacMillan. Best spinster must be Wilson, Ted was the best sailor, and I think John Mayor is probably the one I'd like to have a pint with. Even if he's too right wing for my liking.

Then the question is, has the US had a POTUS that weren't either very stupid, inadequate, evil and/or insane after FDR? Perhaps Truman (he's overlooked way more than he deserves) and Ike.. but I'm note sure. Ike was the POTUS that was stupid enough to listen to Nixon over Cuba, and thereby laid the fundations for Cuban-Soviet cooperation, thereby making Castro a communist.

We surely haven't had that many great PMs this century. Michelsen, Nygaardsvold (even if he neglected the armed forces after taking power in 1935), Gerhardsen and Willoch.

Ike was terrible. Don't forget Operation Ajax.

Ike was terrible. Don't forget Operation Ajax.

And he made commercials for Pepsi and sat on his arse. But he still warned us about the military industrial complex.

Maggie did do some good stuff, (see Scargil - what a Dick head) but at a great cost and the country; it has never been the same since. She could have done the good stuff (ending the continuous strikes) without smashing the country up.

Unfortunately we found North Sea oil, then the exchange rate went to 2.40 USD to the GBP and the manufacturing and export industries collapsed - when we should have had intervention, we have a rabid free marketeer, when we should be doing free market stuff we have Labour; clause 4 and all (Clause 4 (Nationalise everything) only put in a box in the 90's under "New Labour").

Can we please have someone who is good? Is that so hard?

/EDIT Scargil a real communist, not the fake Obama communist

"Scargill has become more politically outspoken since stepping down from the NUM presidency,[7] and has gone on record as a supporter of Josef Stalin, saying that the "ideas of Marx, Engels, Lenin and Stalin" explain the "real world".[8] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Scargill

Last edited:

No such thing mate. I bet if any of us got into power, we would also have our flaws. Because of the way that democracy works, people only see the important problems and issues in society. That's a good thing, because that means we can address said problems and issues. That's the way things should be. However, it also means that we fail to see the big picture.

All politicians have their mistakes, inadequacies and opponents: yes, they're human beings. All politicians are dicks: no.

Last edited:
Maggie did do some good stuff, (see Scargil - what a Dick head) but at a great cost and the country; it has never been the same since. She could have done the good stuff (ending the continuous strikes) without smashing the country up.

Unfortunately we found North Sea oil, then the exchange rate went to 2.40 USD to the GBP and the manufacturing and export industries collapsed - when we should have had intervention, we have a rabid free marketeer, when we should be doing free market stuff we have Labour; clause 4 and all (Clause 4 (Nationalise everything) only put in a box in the 90's under "New Labour").

/EDIT Scargil a real communist, not the fake Obama communist

"Scargill has become more politically outspoken since stepping down from the NUM presidency,[7] and has gone on record as a supporter of Josef Stalin, saying that the "ideas of Marx, Engels, Lenin and Stalin" explain the "real world".[8] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Scargill

Oh, I agree with you on that. Scargill was a twat, he had the ideological mind of a 1920s militant trade unionist. The problem with Maggie is that she was a child of the fourties.. the 1840s. (Yeah, I'm quiting Marr again). Another point regarding North Sea oil is that Maggie could never ever have executed her shock therapy idiocy without it.

Oh, and kudos to Maggie for actually going to the Falklands.

Wow... ancient thread. I like lists like this, so...

1. Inform the Boomer generation that Social Security, Medicaid/Medicare and anything else they're betting on are, in fact, "broke".
2. Inform everyone that the government has to cut spending.
3. No more bailouts. You're broke? So sorry.
4. Make sure freedom is secure. Speech, 'Net, Arms, et al....
5. Simplify foreign relations: The army/navy/air force/ marines need a new practice range, see, and you've just irritated the US. Bad Move.

#3 would be worrisome, considering how many companies actually took money in bailouts. Not just GM/Chrysler.

Number five won't "simplify" foreign relations, it will make the world a lot less stabile and the US a lot less safe. You really think that it's a deterrant? They don't need a practice range anyway. The Navy has the pacific ocean, the Army, Air Force and Marine Corps have several large spots of land in conUS.

For one, I am quite sure there is enough of nations and groups around the world that irritates the US as of present but which she is not at war with still.

I would submit that if you're someone who desires to get into politics and become a politician, you're unqualified for the job.

Close down all military bases/prisons on foreign soil.
Dollar for dollar spending on education and defense.
End the death penalty.
Ban all handguns.
$200,000 cap on election campaign spending...including personal money.
Mandatory IQ tests and psychological evaluations for presidential candidates..results to be made public prior to election.
Give equal rights to the whole LGBT community.
End prison sentences for drug offenses.
Balance the budget.

Last edited:
Close down all military bases/prisons on foreign soil.
Dollar for dollar spending on education and defense.
End the death penalty.
Ban all handguns.
$200,000 cap on election campaign spending...including personal money.
Mandatory IQ tests and psychological evaluations for presidential candidates..results to be made public prior to election.
Give equal rights to the whole LGBT community.
End prison sentences for drug offenses.
Balance the budget.

Nothing about curing cancer?

I bet most presidents would do better on IQ tests than most of us think.