How often do you guys wash your car during the winter?

CLIK92

Car(s)
Mercedes CLK320
SO I was wondering how often you guys wash your cars during the winter? I mean I hear people just wait till the end of winter to wash the car, and some people do it every week.

So what do you guys do ?

I only wash my car when the temperature is above freezing. Frozen doors and windows = arrrrgh.

I wash it when it's dirty and the forecast shows bellow 0 Celsius for the next days so it'll keep clean for some time.

Never, but I rarely if ever wash my truck. In the past 12 months, I've washed it once, maybe twice.

During the winter I will wash it no more than twice a month if it's above freezing and no snow is in the forecast for a few days. Maybe run it through an automated wash with underbody spray once or twice during the winter. Then when spring comes around I really douche the whole car out, inside and out and detail it really nice for the summer.

I also try to dry the car after washing it so it won't freeze. And I prefer the car to be clean when it snows so it won't scratch the paint when I wipe the snow off.
The point is there's always snow over here in the winter. If it's bellow freezing the snow won't stain the car but if it's above freezing it will.

Never, but I rarely if ever wash my truck. In the past 12 months, I've washed it once, maybe twice.
This. I haven't washed my truck in 3-4 months and that was to prime the drivers side of it. Right now there's 6-8" of snow on the ground and half that much on most of the side streets; so I won't be washing it again for sometime.

this is the first winter with my car. i'm gonna wait until we stop getting regular snow to go through with it.

At least once every two weeks. I go to one of those do it yourself coin washes, and just use the pressure washer. It pains me to see my car covered in salt.

This pic is from 3 or 4 years ago, but it was taken after I had washed it, on one trip via a highway to & from work. That is all salt.
Picture007-3.jpg

I wait till I know there's no snow for the next few days forecasted, and the temps will be at or above the freezing point. Or, if it's still fairly cold, but I know I'll be out an about for the day.

My car has a few bits of rust on it that I've fixed...so the salt scares me.

considering that i live in California, i wash my car when it's above 60 degrees and no rain is predicted in the next week or so.

and today was one of those examples.

During the winter I will wash it no more than twice a month if it's above freezing and no snow is in the forecast for a few days. Maybe run it through an automated wash with underbody spray once or twice during the winter. Then when spring comes around I really douche the whole car out, inside and out and detail it really nice for the summer.

What he said.

I rarely wash my cars in general. :p

I last washed it in october, I think. Jack Frost have put an end to any washing during the winter.

not, at least not as long as my boss doesn't start complain it's to dirty :p

sometimes my dad can't endure the look of it, and washes it together with his cars :D

When I have time and its not too cold outside. I can wash it at work even if its slightly below 0 since its indoors. Key thing for me is removing the salt rather than the looks because the moment you go back out to drive...it'll be dirty again. Already spent money eliminating rust...and washing the car is much cheaper so I'd much rather do that.

I just washed mine actually :p Generally I wash it if there about a week of clear weather ahead, since I can't wash it myself in the winter it gets pretty expensive to wash it often so its not worth it unless it stays clean for a while.