So, Who is the stig?

I've said it earlier but I'll say it again.

There is no point in speculation because it's more than 99% sure to be someone we've never heard of.

And since most of us stopped caring about the whole question before Hammond went upside down I vote

:nazilock:

We'll notice if the arms-and-elbows style begins to get replaced by a smoother style. That would mean one of two things: growing up, or telepathically siphoning from the combined skill pool of the smooth racing drivers of this world. :lol:

I just watched New Stig in action last night, and he/she/it certainly has an aggressive style, that's for sure!!

They should have used Sabine for the Stig's German Cousin at last season's 'Track Day Cars' segment. You know... Obviously female curves in the white suit, Jeremy, Richard, and James all acting as if they have no clue who it may be. Of course, Richard's M3 might actually have snapped in half if Sabine had been the one to throw it around the track.

Hmm. Nope. Not convinced. She could have stuffed a few pairs of socks up her shirt. There's only one way to be sure... :p
Nope. Socks fill in space and add more fluff.

That Stig's got the skinny flat chest of a dude. It even lays flat, which filling up the space underneath boobs with socks wouldn't do.

I think we need Sabine on the show again for "proof." And because she's awesome. But, erm, "proof."

I've said it earlier but I'll say it again.

There is no point in speculation because it's more than 99% sure to be someone we've never heard of.

And since most of us stopped caring about the whole question before Hammond went upside down I vote

:nazilock:
Errm, personally I've almost never cared who "it" was and was very happy with it remaining a mystery...

If it were a woman they would drop that much knowing their female audience would double. Sabine is busy with her German motor show in any case.

The pics I have seen so far are of a guy. Sorry lads.

Surprised given the talk of stature noone has suggested Bernie Ecclestone. :mrgreen:

Also bear in mind it's only a few weeks old. Perhaps it's still growing?

Alien Mutant Stig? ;)

All I care about... is whether the Stig can still suck moisture from ducks.. and if his pits remain Wi-Fi hotspots.

Otherwise, life goes on and I don't need to know his identity!

It's Kimi Raikkonen. It wouldnt be difficult for him to keep a secret!
Or Mika Hakkinen ;)
Or perhaps Takuma Sato? He is certainly small, and as far as I know, not driving for anyone (?)
edit: I see he's doing Indy =/

Last edited:
I think this thread needs pics of racing drivers' bums for comparison.

- lacks alterior motives, really...

We will need their body index as well because we have to rule out the tall and big ones;)

However I hae to say my best bet would be an Asian, and are very into the "masked super hero" thing

Last edited:
Well it could be one of the touring car guys that show up from time to time, but as many have said, chances are it will be someone that 99% of us have never heard off.

^ in seriousness, I think you are right (vis-a-vis .. the touring car driver comment). I wouldn't mind putting some money on it being Tom Chilton ... he is a skinny, no-arsed midget .. and he is also educated (which would help him in teaching/training the SIARPC ... who seem to be doing rather well of late). He has also been on Top Gear a few times.

Just for those who may not yet have seen 16x02.....

Is it just me or did the Stig in the 599 GTO seem a) to be larger than the one who drove the Atom V8 and b) to have a totally different, smoother and much less tail happy driving style.

My thought was that the Ferrari was filmed at the track before Collins left which would explain both the different style and a time which I thought was pretty slow given how we know that car performs against its sibling at Maranello.

Or it could just support the multiple Stigs theory.

^ I suppose the Two Gun Theory has stood the test of time .. so why not a Two Stig Theory?