Random Thoughts....

job-fails-i-love-this-country.jpg

Here you actually get 5 days more of paid vacation after being with a company for 9 months.

Unpaid maternity leave. America, what a great country!

Oh, did I mention I go on paid maternity leave in 17 days, even though I don't have a job, and I can get 50 weeks in total.

Now, someone post up the productivity graphs for those nations. Specifically, let's say... oh... France and Portugal, the leaders in time off.

Don't really have a graph, but I read some time ago that Denmark actually had the lowest efficiency compared to salary, but the quality was still better than most of the more efficient countries.

Well they only work 35 hours a week. Belgium is the interesting one here, those who actually work are very efficient.

Well they only work 35 hours a week. Belgium is the interesting one here, those who actually work are Flanders is very efficient.

FTFY

I get ten days vacation, ten days of personal time off (like getting sick, etc) Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas / New Years eve and day off. All Paid, so in total 28 days vacation.

The only way you would get no vacation is if you worked for some low end company like Walgr...oh, sorry Kat.

I miss the ability to sleep in.... all they way up till grad school I could easily sleep until 1:00pm now I'm lucky to make it past 7:30am on weekends. :(

I miss the ability to sleep in.... all they way up till grad school I could easily sleep until 1:00pm now I'm lucky to make it past 7:30am on weekends. :(

Poor guy :p

<-- slept till 10:30 today :D

Poor guy :p

<-- slept till 10:30 today :D

Bah, I slept till 13:00 (that's 1PM for those who don't know how 24h clock works).

That's a bit late, I went to sleep at 3:30 though.

Last edited:
Something I have just discovered:

Unsurprisingly, pencilcases do NOT work well as brushes.

Right, that's my taxes filed as of Friday evening. Looks like Auntie Hemoh can buy those Top Gear DVDs after all. :D

Who wants to do this with me?

MAG Great Wall of China Trek
great-wall-of-china-charity-walk_431x218.jpg

8-16 October 2011

A terrific chance to trek various sections of one of the wonders of the ancient world, and at the same time help MAG by raising much needed funds.

I wanted to hike the Great Wall as a kid, and I might as well do it for a sweet cause. Or, I could just do this instead.

^I wish I wasn't still in school, because I REALLY want to do that.

Cool - I'd love to do more hiking on other parts of the Great Wall. The first time I went there was the day after they announced that Beijing got the Olympics. Ever seen an after party on the Great Wall? Confetti, shit, etc. was everywhere. :lol:

Why is water wet?

On a more serious note, does anyone know of any particular things one shouldn't do on a first date/meetup? (I'm not sure whether to make it casual or not yet...still deciding)

I just really don't want to screw this up, this girl is perfect. :)

Why is water wet?

On a more serious note, does anyone know of any particular things one shouldn't do on a first date/meetup? (I'm not sure whether to make it casual or not yet...still deciding)

I just really don't want to screw this up, this girl is perfect. :)

Be yourself, if it's going to be it will be

Hidden Hunter has provded sensible advice rickhamilton.