NHL '10-'11

Why are the Red Wings continuously napping during the first period of games??

OHMYGAWD that boston/montreal games was exciting!

yea, had some friends over watching thier first game, that was a good one to show them! they had a blast!

Why are the Red Wings continuously napping during the first period of games??

same reason why Tampa does it in the third. Nobody knows, its like the Gatoraid is drugged

same reason why Tampa does it in the third. Nobody knows, its like the Gatoraid is drugged

I'm sorry but as a Tampa Bay fan you are no longer allowed to make any jokes or references involving Gatorade in any manner whatsoever. Gatorade is your new team logo and you will cherish and respect it.

I'm sorry but as a Tampa Bay fan you are no longer allowed to make any jokes or references involving Gatorade in any manner whatsoever. Gatorade is your new team logo and you will cherish and respect it.

oh, thats just mean! Damn to you! ;)

anyways, i know alot of us on here have been giving Sidney Crosby alot of crap and i am no exception to that. Over the past few weeks he has been trying very hard to return from a concussion and afetr multiple concussions ended my previous career i know what he is going through. Here is an article from NHL.com about it. figured id post this here for everyone. as i said before, i hate to see anyone go through this, i know he isnt the only one but he is in the headlines.

Cindy's (i mean Sidneys) interview

Last edited:
I love hockey. That is all.

I feel kind of bad for Crosby. First of all he is hurt way worse than anyone let on in the multitude of press conferences and news items about it. Now, he is almost like a leper and nobody is going near him. Hopefully, when he comes back he is fine and has no lingering effects,

NHL Network is showing tonight's Red Wings/Bruins game. Sweeeeeeet!

NHL Network is showing tonight's Red Wings/Bruins game. Sweeeeeeet!

Good to see the Wings playing a full game. It will be interesting to see the rematch on Sunday.

Holy crap, the Pens/Isles game was just bizarre. 14 fighting majors, 21 misconducts, 351 penalty minutes. Brooks Orpik was playing forward, we had that many men thrown out.

We're still #4 in the East, but with all the injuries we're getting, I can't see how that will last.

Not completely unexpected but Peter Forsberg has announced his retirement, hopefully for good this time.

Wait...... what? I thought he was in good enough shape to make the team, or did he break again?

The Flyers are also top of the East, so as long as they don't lose anyone too important it shouldn't be much of a bother.

The Flyers are also top of the East, so as long as they don't lose anyone too important it shouldn't be much of a bother.

yea, the bolts vs philly game on tues was awsome. very evenly played. both teams looked very good

Eric Brewer to Tampa in exchange for a Nobody and a Draft pick!

Yserman strikes again! we needed that D-man! I am hearing from people in the sports world that this makes Tampa "unfair" and "unbeatable". I wont go that far but i will say we are definitely in much better shape!

Link to the NHL.com article

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://www.freep.com/article/201103...rchers-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

TECUMSEH, Ontario ? Researchers at Boston University found a degenerative disease in brain tissue donated by former NHL enforcer Bob Probert, according to reports in the New York Times and the Globe and Mail in Toronto.

Probert had chronic traumatic encephalopathy when he died last July of heart failure at age 45. He played 16 seasons in the NHL and his 3,300 penalty minutes ranks fifth on the league?s career list.

Probert is the second hockey player from the program at the Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy to be diagnosed with the disease after death. Reggie Fleming, a 1960s enforcer who played before helmets became mandatory, also had CTE.

?How much is the hockey and how much is the fighting, we don?t really know,? Dr. Robert Cantu, the co-director of the center, told the Times for a story posted on its Web site Wednesday night. ?We haven?t definitely established that the skills of hockey as a sport lead to a certain percentage of participants developing CTE. But it can happen to hockey players, and while they?re still relatively young.?

CSTE is a collaboration between Boston University Medical School and the Sports Legacy Institute that is attempting to address what it calls the ?concussion crisis? in sports. The group has been at the forefront of research into head trauma in sports, and has received a $1-million gift from the NFL, which it has pushed for better treatment of concussions.

The family of former Bears safety Dave Duerson agreed to donate his brain to the study after he committed suicide last month at the age of 50.

Chris Nowinski, one of the founders of the Sports Legacy Institute, declined comment when asked about Probert on Wednesday night. But he told the Associated Press the center would have an announcement this morning.

The AP also sent an e-mail to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly seeking comment.

Nowinski said last month more than 300 athletes, including 100 current and former NFL players, are on the CSTE?s brain donation registry. There are 65 cases currently being studied.

Probert, who struggled to overcome drinking problems during his time in the NHL, played for the Red Wings from 1985-94 and the Blackhawks from 1995-2002.

Probert?s widow, Dani, told the Globe and Mail she reached out to the Boston researchers and decided to make her husband?s results public in hopes that ?having Bob?s name attached to that can show other athletes, and especially the hockey players, that they need to get involved.?

Several of the NHL?s biggest stars, including Pittsburgh?s Sidney Crosby, have missed time this season due to the effects of a concussion.

Commissioner Gary Bettman said during the All-Star break that concussions are up this season, but quickly noted the increase seems to be caused by accidental or inadvertent situations, instead of by head contact from another player.