The "New Toys" Thread

The very first computer we had here at home had 256mb of RAM and a 20GB HDD and it was considered a very decent machine back then.

My first computer had 1MB of RAM in total and no HDD at all. And it's still in working condition. I <3 my Amiga 500.

We did have a PC at the house too, before I got the Amiga. Used to play Alley Cat and Donkey Kong (and some old golf game) on it. Can't really remember the hardware specs on that one...a 286 possibly?

</off-topic>

My first computer had 1MB of RAM in total and no HDD at all. And it's still in working condition. I <3 my Amiga 500.

We did have a PC at the house too, before I got the Amiga. Used to play Alley Cat and Donkey Kong (and some old golf game) on it. Can't really remember the hardware specs on that one...a 286 possibly?

</off-topic>

Congrats, you win at being older than dirt. :p

What were the specs on a tandy1000? Oh it looks like there were like 8 of them, I do not remember what the letters were..
I used to play a game with counting ducks and they made funny quacks :D

damn kids! :wheelchair:

Exactly:
PET 4000 series / CBM 8000 series

CPU: MOS 6502, 1 MHzRAM: 8, 16, or 32 kB / 32 or 96 kB
ROM: 20K, including BASIC 4.0
Video: MOS 6545, 9" or 12" / 12" monochrome monitor, 40?25 / 80?25 character display
Sound: single piezo "beeper"
Ports: 2 MOS 6520 PIA, MOS 6522 VIA, 2 Datassette ports (1 on the back), 1 IEEE-488
Notes: basically an upgraded 2001 / basically a 4000 with 80 columns and slightly different keyboard with smaller (11 key) numeric pad

And yes, games came in words.

Last edited:
My first computer(actually it was my dad's) was a Romanian version of the Spectrum ZX. I played games from cassettes like this

cassette-tape-1.jpg

Then there was the 486.

My first computer(actually it was my dad's) was a Romanian version of the Spectrum ZX. I played games from cassettes like this

cassette-tape-1.jpg

Then there was the 486.

I started out my computing days by borking mum's 486DX(2?) weekly until I learnt some stuff wasn't such a good idea (such as renaming all files to my first name >_>)

I had a ZX Spectrum as well. Local radio station used to send out app broadcasts in the middle of the night. My first foray into piracy at age 6. :D

Back in my days we had to walk uphill both ways, barefoot, in the snow.

Here's my new toy:

AX-cloud.jpg

:D

My first computer was a C64, with 300 baud modem. I'm now up to something with 8GB of Memory.

I've not seen a comic on the Kindle(I don't read them), but I can say that images in books that have not been optimized look terrible.

Yes, I know that. I was curious on the resolution and details you can get with comics. A book is just letters, a comic is images.

Looks good, though. I wonder if you can get it to directly read color PDFs or you'd have to edit them first. Or can you use Jpeg images?

@4:40

I played with this in a store and while the display was good, the thing was terribly slow. I hope the Kindle isn't that slow.

SIM_Evolio_Evobook_EB1.jpg

Last edited: