Portal 2 [Contains spoilers, you've been warned!]

I meant on their own developed game.

I am gonna buy it no matter what it costs. I am such a sucker. :|

I just pre-ordered it. Now I have to decide who to gift the first one to.

Bought. No hesitation.

Can someone from the US gift it to me and I paypal them the money? I want the game, but won't take part in the rap?.

Now it's saying to me that the price is 34.19 Euros instead of 44.99 yesterday. That's SLIGHTLY more reasonable, maybe the $-Euro conversion has been implemented now. :lol:

EDIT: Okay, I'm a sucker. Pre-ordered for the first time in my life. I hope the price doesn't decrease again tomorrow, or I'll feel even more of a sucker. :lol:

Last edited:
Excellent. Purchased.

Another free copy of Portal for me!!!!!!!:mouse::mouse::mouse:

Oh, bloody hell. I already sent smib 45 USD to gift it to me. At least the conversion is correct and there's no extra fees so I paid the same as if I had bought it straight from Steam.

You know how you tend to hold your breath and tense up whenever you are waiting for something with a chance of failing? Guess what I was doing waiting for the system requirements to display themselves...

PC System Requirements

* Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
* Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
* Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
* Video: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).
* Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Mac System Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
* Memory: 2GB
* Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
* Video: ATI Radeon 2400 or higher / NVIDIA 8600M or higher

*Huge sigh of relief, thanks Gabe Newell for sticking with the Source engine...*

I hope that 10% price cut stays until the start of March; I'll probably spend my pathetic amount of scholarship money for February on this.

EDIT: Oh dear, I seem to have accidentally strayed over the 9000 post mark.

Wait a couple months after it is release and it will cost $10.

Wait a couple months after it is release and it will cost $10.

Except that requires waiting a couple of months to save only a few dollars.

Meh, I don't play games that much. :p

Except that requires waiting a couple of months to save only a few dollars.
$10 from $40 is 75% off, that's pretty significant. I know that's just a random number someone threw out there, but there are plenty of real examples >50% discounts on Steam and other online services, often on games that were AAA titles at release. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend $60 on a game anymore (with exceptions of course, some games you just have to have, and this may be one of them).

My long, rambling point is: waiting for discounts can be very lucrative when it comes to the latest games.