The 'last' season of The Office starts 23rd September

Erin needs to go. She is the worst character I've ever seen on a show. The writers make her more retarded each episode and I'm sick of it.

That being said, great episode. I wish Jim would have fought back more though, it felt out of place to just watch him go into the fetal position and take it for the entire episode.

That being said, great episode. I wish Jim would have fought back more though, it felt out of place to just watch him go into the fetal position and take it for the entire episode.

Rainn Wilson directed.

"In this scene act scared of Dwight" :p

And that scene was by written by someone, probably Mindy. I know you want to think Rainn had a big hand in that plot but I think you're wrong. He may have added an idea or two but he didn't structure it so that Jim never fought back the entire episode. That came straight from the writers room.

loved the christmas episode. been introducing my girlfriend to The Office and we were dying with laughter at Jim and Dwight's story.

favourite moment was probably Jim's attempt to get back at Dwight and smashing the window, the look on Jim, Dwight and Michael's faces were priceless.

I'm going to be really sad when Steve leaves/The Office ends.

The last two have been really funny. (Classy Christmas and Ultimatum)
Hopefully the rest of the season is this good.

They seemed to have toned Erin back down.

I haven't really been enjoying them. Classy Christmas was better than the other episodes of this season, but nowhere near as good as most of the other Christmas specials.

Last nights...

jump_the_shark.gif

I was just about to come in here and say the same thing - absolutely abhorrent that was.

What the hell was the deal with David Brent's cameo? After seven years they decide to have him on, and it's just some retarded scene in an elevator that serves no purpose... not even to elicit a cheap laugh form the audience. Plus the whole idea for the seminar was not funny.

I am so sick of Erin's character. There's a difference between "dumb and naive" and "mentally challenged autistic 12-year old"

They make her worse week-in and week-out. It's excruciating. The show has gone so downhill it's pathetic. After Carell is gone it will die a slow death. Slow because NBC is too ignorant to yank the plug.

I am so sick of Erin's character. There's a difference between "dumb and naive" and "mentally challenged autistic 12-year old"

They make her worse week-in and week-out. It's excruciating. The show has gone so downhill it's pathetic. After Carell is gone it will die a slow death. Slow because NBC is too ignorant to yank the plug.

yea, i was hoping to like "Erin" when she came along, she's cute. but, she is a poorly developed character and being, as you kindly referred, a "mentally challenged autistic 12 year old", it's kind of a turn off for me. i knew girls like that when i was in school. it was not fun, i'll tell that much.

the character "Michael Scott" is getting pretty old (and yet, Steve Carell plays him so well at the same time). it's kind of sad the the character hasn't even "evolved" for the better. "Michael Scott" has seem to be even more immature and socially ignorant from the 1st episode. it's a smart move for Carell to leave the show by the end of this season. it might make for an interesting episode.

I don't know what the fuck the last episode was, but after the roof scene. It's sad, because that is the start of the end IMO.

I don't know what the fuck the last episode was, but after the roof scene. It's sad, because that is the start of the end IMO.

The cold open was awful and the fact that a grown man would not make any attempt to call anyone after his first try and waltz around downtown aimlessly is ridiculous. I almost find it an insult that the writers expected us to enjoy and accept that. And apparently it only takes a few hour to bring a romance back? Geesh, come on.

I mean, I know that shows shouldn't be taken completely serious but there is a line between "believable false reality" and "over-the-top ridiculous situations". The latter can be done if the show acknowledges it, but this show can't pull it off and shouldn't try.

it's a smart move for Carell to leave the show by the end of this season. it might make for an interesting episode.

Well he's (Michael Scott) leaving the season/show 4 episodes before it ends... leaves the last 4 to focus on looking for the "replacement"

Wow...that was bad....really bad. That was the first time I have ever turned off an episode of the office because it was so painfully unfunny.

Wow...that was bad....really bad. That was the first time I have ever turned off an episode of the office because it was so painfully unfunny.

It was hilarious BECAUSE of how ridiculously unfunny the film is. Either you are hard to please or just didn't get it.

No gabe. No Erin. Old-school character interactions. Nostalgic feel. I couldn't ask for more.