Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

The spies who got it wrong. So if the CIA and other (lack of) intelligence services are so bad, why do we keep them around?

Because they work quite a lot. Especially the British and Russian services, but part of doing their job is that you'll never hear about it

I was talking with my dad earlier, who does not like Obama at all, and somehow we got in to it about the whole birth certificate deal. All I know is that the birth certificate is in Hawaii, is sealed to the public and does not look like it will be used to dispell any of the rumors going around that he is not of American birth. He said that in an interview, Michelle Obama said "...When we took a trip to Africa and visited his home country, Kenya..", so did she just spill the beans that he is in fact not American born or does she mean that they visited his parents' country, aka his country? Not sure if his parents are actually American citizens or naturalized. What is the law for Americans giving birth overseas, not in a territory? Are they considered citizens of that country or still American?

We then started talking about how we, citizens of America, have the right to know where our President was born. I agree on that point but I don't know that much about the whole ordeal so I could be wrong in some areas.

Either way, does anyone else see it as a right that we should know where our Presidents' are born, to what state, county and city?

Please note that I take no sides in politics as I find it all to be bullshit. I am conservative and liberal but I do not align myself with any party or idea.

Last edited:
We do know where he was born and when it was in HI. There is a birth certificate and two birth anouncements in the local papers. His mother was a natural born american citizen anyway so he is a natural born American citizen. What do you think happens to all the children born to US military families over seas or families in the diplomatic corps. McCain was born in panama you know.

These Anon folk are just bullies. The Westborough Baptist church guys are well within their right to do what they do and I completely support their first amendment right even though Fred Phelps is a huge asshole. Just wanted to put that out there.

Those born on US military bases are born on US soil, as that is what the base is considered.

Are you refering to Iran Conta? Or are you saying the McCain should not be able to run for president?

There are things called cover ups :shrug:

So what you are saying is that despite the overwhelming evidence and proof available, you won't believe any of it. And people wonder why Birthers are considered idiots.

I was talking with my dad earlier, who does not like Obama at all, and somehow we got in to it about the whole birth certificate deal. All I know is that the birth certificate is in Hawaii, is sealed to the public and does not look like it will be used to dispell any of the rumors going around that he is not of American birth. He said that in an interview, Michelle Obama said "...When we took a trip to Africa and visited his home country, Kenya..", so did she just spill the beans that he is in fact not American born or does she mean that they visited his parents' country, aka his country? Not sure if his parents are actually American citizens or naturalized. What is the law for Americans giving birth overseas, not in a territory? Are they considered citizens of that country or still American?

We then started talking about how we, citizens of America, have the right to know where our President was born. I agree on that point but I don't know that much about the whole ordeal so I could be wrong in some areas.

Either way, does anyone else see it as a right that we should know where our Presidents' are born, to what state, county and city?

Please note that I take no sides in politics as I find it all to be bullshit. I am conservative and liberal but I do not align myself with any party or idea.
This all stems from the original fear that some Englishman would become President and be too 'matey' with the King, indeed the US spent the next hundred plus so years trying to do down the British empire and avoided trade with it. That was 1776, it really is time you got guys over it. No other country makes such a song and dance about birth certs and it all.

Last edited:
It's a consignment of geriatric shoe makers. Obama was born in the US, as others point out, you are making as much sense as those who think Bush ordered 9/11, ffs. Conspiracy theories are almost never true, and it's never the simplest ones anyway.

He said that in an interview, Michelle Obama said "...When we took a trip to Africa and visited his home country, Kenya..", so did she just spill the beans that he is in fact not American born or does she mean that they visited his parents' country, aka his country? Not sure if his parents are actually American citizens or naturalized. What is the law for Americans giving birth overseas, not in a territory? Are they considered citizens of that country or still American?

How many Americans will refer to Ireland as the "old country" or their "home country", despite the last actual Irish relative dying 150 years ago?

I hear that all of the time, and most of those that say it only know of the lineage of the surname and none of the other relatives.

Talked to my parents about the protests; they both agreed that there are problems on both sides, but Governor Walker is not being very tactful or diplomatic about it. If you are wondering their political persuasion it is absolutely neutral, they bitch about either party. :lol:
Mom made a good point that when Democrats in US Congress rushed things through, it resulted in them losing the house, and she felt that Republicans are doing the same; too fast for people to adjust to.

What I am interested in is information about who makes up the protesters. Madison is a liberal city of 235,000 with 50,000 plus students who have nothing to do as their professors are taking part in the protests.

nobody demanded Bush's birth certificate, but hey he doesn't have a brown face so it doesn't matter.

Indeed. The whole debate over the birth certificate would never have happened if the liberal, left wing democrat candidate for the presidency was white. I'm not calling people racist, but someone played this card because the color of his face made it possible to play that card. And then everybody just followed suite and forgot about the fact that he HAS shown his birth certificate.

It's all a consignment of geriatric shoe makers, complete ox excrement.

There are things called cover ups :shrug:

Stop pussy footing around and just come out with it. You say you don't take sides but you sure seem to be taking the birther side.

Are you a birther or not?

Just to let you know that is picking a side. The crazy side.

What do you think is more likely that Obama was born in HI like his birth certificate and the birth announcements said or he was born in Kenya, would still make him a US citizen by birth as his mother was a US citizen, and then there was a cover up some years ago to hide that fact?

Someone forty plus something years ago put in fake birth announcements to the paper or inserted them into the microfilm record sometime later. Then they also somehow had a fake birth certificate done up and inserted into the state archives.

I mean come on Occam's razor which is more likely?

A vast coverup and conspiracy spanning at least several years and maybe decades all Obama was born when and where the birth certificate says he was.

Last edited:
It is as sensible as saying Bush gave the order for 9/11, or for that matter, that it was the juice. The juice from Israel.

It's just laughable.

These Anon folk are just bullies. The Westborough Baptist church guys are well within their right to do what they do and I completely support their first amendment right even though Fred Phelps is a huge asshole. Just wanted to put that out there.
/b/ has just as much a right to antagonize Phelps as Phelps has to antagonize families of dead soldiers.

And this isn't really directed at your comment, but I love how people think of Anonymous as some kind of cohesive, functioning organization.

Someone forty plus something years ago put in fake birth announcements to the paper or inserted them into the microfilm record sometime later. Then they also somehow had a fake birth certificate done up and inserted into the state archives.

I mean come on Occam's razor which is more likely?

A vast coverup and conspiracy spanning at least several years and maybe decades all Obama was born when and where the birth certificate says he was.
Exactly. Jon Stewart had a really good bit on "birther logic" a couple months ago, but I can't find a decent video of it. Not only does the conspiracy itself make absolutely zero sense (seriously, what's the end goal of it supposed to be?), but there is widely available evidence that directly contradicts it. Shit, even I've seen copies of Obama's birth certificate and the paper clippings of his birth announcement and I wasn't even looking for them.

Back to the protests, the 800 pound gorilla in the room is either the union takes it on the chin and retains jobs, or they win and 20,000 jobs get cut. Really, nobody wins in this situation.
That's Walker's wholly-uncompromising position. The unions have said, over and over again, they're more than willing to contribute their pound of flesh (even though the budget shortfall is Walker and the WI GOP's own doing). But they won't give up their right to bargain. Nor should they, it has absolutely nothing to do with solving WI's deficit.

Unless he can find some kind of workaround, Walker has seriously overplayed his hand. He can't drag Democrats back to Madison to meet quorum so he threatens to start laying people off? Shit, if they lose their collective bargaining rights he can lay them off anyway. It will be interesting to see if he gets recalled in a year.

/b/ has just as much a right to antagonize Phelps as Phelps has to antagonize families of dead soldiers.

And this isn't really directed at your comment, but I love how people think of Anonymous as some kind of cohesive, functioning organization.

Not when they use illegal and harmful/criminal means like DoS attacks and the other crap that they do. Phelps is well within his constitutional right of free speech as MasterCard or whomever was well within their legal rights as a private company. Anon's actions fall somewhere between petty bullying and terrorism.

Last edited:
The question with regards to Mastercard is wether or not they in -any- way bowed to pressure from -any- representative of the United States Federal Government. In that case, the Federal government went completely off the road.