Batman: Arkham City

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
New trailer released at the VGAs:

[video=youtube;5t-1i3Bqj0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-1i3Bqj0U[/video]

:w00t:

This game look amazing. I was honestly suprised how good Arkham Asylum was and I'm actively looking forward to this game. Defiantly a day 1 purchase. I'm glad that they have finally made a good marvel/DC character game. *coughSuperman64cough*

I have no doubt that it will be an open-world game, like the first one, but it's probably gonna be bigger since Arkham has moved from the island to the city. I wonder if it will be big enough that Batman would have to use his vehicles like the Batmobile and Batwing. Batman was flying the Batwing at the end of Arkham Asylum, so maybe that's a clue...:D

Awesome. Can't wait! Loved the stealth and combat from the first one. If only they tweaked the use of 'detective mode' and some better boss battles. And I wouldn't mind seeing more of Harley Quinn.. :rolleyes:

fucking loved the first one.

this is supposed to be 5 times the size of the first one too.

AA is one of my all time favorites

cant wait for this one

Not the point, but it looks fantastic.
AA was the second best game of that year.

One of the game's developers promised, however, that in at least one way, Batman may seem weaker.

Dax Ginn, marketing manager for Arkham studio Rocksteady, said that Batman's detective-vision, the high-tech filter that turns much of the game world blue and Batman's enemies easily spotted bright hues, will be less easily over-exploited in Arkham City. "It's not so much if you will use it," Ginn said, "But can you use it?"

Rocksteady developers had been saying that players of the first game used detective vision so much that they missed the beauty of the game's natural look ? and probably had an easier time getting through the game to boot. I knew Rocksteady wants Arkham City gamers to use detective vision less and assumed they'd apply a timer to it. They tried that, Ginn said, but it felt bad and very un-Batman. "He wouldn't make a gadget like that," Ginn noted. Nah, Batman would use something with better batteries than that.

Kotaku

I'm replaying AA, and i'm as near as makes no difference 100% in detective mode.

It was just so much easier to see the enemies and surrounds sometimes. Not to mention it being cool too.

And the in game footage trailer...

[video]http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/15/batman-arkham-city-this-aint-no-place-for-a-hero-trailer[/video]

Last edited: