As much as some people hate bicyclists...

Don't like critical mass, but WTF. Also for all the car and motorcycle riders, just because your vehicle is large doesn't make you king dick. How would you like it someone bought a snow plow to commute and then plowed you off the road. After all you were obstructing the road with your shit vehicle.

Clogging roads for a protest does not warrant being hit by a car, as douchey as critical mass are. Using a car as a weapon is the realm of the psycho. Even swerving at a cyclist (i've had this happen to me a few times) is like sticking a gun in someone's face because they annoyed you.

After being hit by three cars over the years (two taxis and a random idiot), i now ride predominantly on the footpath/sidewalk. I would rather get in a tangle with a pedestrian that weighs the same as me than with a car which weighs 15x what i do (i've never had a problem with a pedestrian). Luckily my commute is now mostly serviced by a cycle path, so i can avoid the atrociously incompetent/angry drivers that plague this country.

Incidentally, Australia has the worst cyclist/driver relationship i have ever seen. It truly is disgusting how newspapers here villify cyclists, fanning the flames of an already "off-kilter" collective psyche. You should see the appalling comments for the online newspaper articles. :/

I'm not some fruity cycling advocate, i own two very entertaining cars. There is plenty of room for everyone, both sides need to resolve their issues (although the 2 tonne car driving psycho's certainly have more to answer for than the road hogging cyclist who might throw a plastic bottle at you!).

Last edited:
First off, the driver of the car is obviously a complete nutter, and I'm in no way making excuses for him.

However, purposely antagonizing a large number of people by blocking the road is unwise at a minimum.
I'd think that any rational thinking person could expect at least "some" inevitable hostility.
Beyond that, I don't think it's unreasonable to foresee that you might piss off the wrong type of person. But I guess that kind of lack of consideration is probably one of the primary characteristics of the 'douche' personality.

Incidentally, Australia has the worst cyclist/driver relationship i have ever seen. It truly is disgusting how newspapers here villify cyclists, fanning the flames of an already "off-kilter" collective psyche. You should see the appalling comments for the online newspaper articles. :/
From my point of view we're leading the world in getting these damned idiots off of the roads and back onto the footpaths where they belong. Or onto a bus or something.

car driving psycho's certainly have more to answer for!
And form my point of view you would have to be a psycho to ride a bicycle in the three-foot-wide gap between the curb and a semi-trailer doing 70 kilometers per hour past you with only a cocoon of smug, self satisfaction and a thin white line painted on the ground to protect you.

Last edited:
After being hit by three cars over the years (two taxis and a random idiot), i now ride predominantly on the footpath/sidewalk. I would rather get in a tangle with a pedestrian that weighs the same as me than with a car which weighs 15x what i do (i've never had a problem with a pedestrian). Luckily my commute is now mostly serviced by a cycle path, so i can avoid the atrociously incompetent/angry drivers that plague this country.

I bet the poor bastard pedestrian you hit probably doesnt share that sentiment :p.

I've done a lot of cycling on city roads in and around Adelaide and I've never had any real issue. I stay out of the way of other cars where possible and have never felt animosity towards cars. Buses on the other hand...:p

I think there's room for cyclists on our roads as long as they stay out of the way of cars. There's no room for these militant cycling Nazis groups though.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy a tank and run over all you car driving pricks for clogging my roads in some misguided protest of not using a proper vehicle.

How do you figure? Roads are primarily built and funded for and by cars. Bicyclists and Tanks (please) take a back seat to cars...as it should be.

Yes, they are breaking the law. Call the police. Write letters. Vote. Don't attempt to drive over people with your car.

^Exactly.

It is wrong to plug the streets with bikes. They should be fined/penalized for the laws they break.

But it is very wrong to run them over with a car.

^ Cute. This coming from a guy that says:

I'm going to buy a tank and run over all you car driving pricks for clogging my roads in some misguided protest of not using a proper vehicle.

Let's be perfectly clear and realistic:

1. No, you're not going to buy a tank.
  2. No, you're not going run all over us car driving pricks.
  3. No, it isn't you're road.
  4. No, we're not the ones protesting.

So apparently for a lot of people in here, obstructing the road - which inconveniences those who want to use it - is a vile, despicable and hateful crime...

... which makes ramming through a mass of people, potentially severly injuring or even killing some, an entirely justified, normal, and perfectly acceptable response?!? :|

Really? I know how fond most people on this forum are about ranting how cyclists are the scum of the earth, but really? Purposely endangering people's lives because they're being douchy and inconveniencing you on your way? I think a reevaluation of your priorities is in order.

Last edited:
^ Cute. This coming from a guy that says:

Your comprehension is poor.

... which makes ramming through a mass of people, potentially severly injuring or even killing some, an entirely justified, normal, and perfectly acceptable response?!? :|

Really? I know how fond most people on this forum are about ranting how cyclists are the scum of the earth, but really? Purposely endangering people's lives because they're being douchy and inconveniencing you on your way? I think a reevaluation of your priorities is in order.

I'm sure there is a final act somewhere here in which a man in a funny suit appears to inform us that they were just trolling. If not then you're right.

Last edited:
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of either side, there is a certain underlying principal shown.

A single person demonstrated (in a psychotic reprehensible way) that the concept of a 'critical mass' of cyclists is nonsense. No matter how many people cycle, cars will always be on the road (as there would be no roads if motorists didn't pay for them) and some will always hit cyclists. The two just don't co-exist well and cyclists trying to force the motorists into submission leads to resentment.

So apparently for a lot of people in here, obstructing the road - which inconveniences those who want to use it - is a vile, despicable and hateful crime...

I don't think it's a vile, despicable and hateful crime, not at all. At most it's a nuisance and an irritation. I do believe ramming through them and potentially severely injuring or even killing some of them is entirely justified though. Perhaps it may dislodge their heads from their asses and reintroduce them to the real world, a world in which they do not sit at the center of or however that sentence should have been structured in order to be grammatically correct.

Their whole protest is about being annoying and disruptive to motorists. I mean, that's what it's all about, right? And their goal is.... something, I really don't think it matters, they're basically just stroppy children stomping their feet to get their way. And their whole plan hinges on the fact that no one would ever dare to run them over. Well... someone called their bluff.

Last edited:
That is essentially what I am implying, yes.

EDIT: I didn't see this edit:

Women already have the right to wear mini-skirts.

Cyclists already have permission to ride their bikes on the streets.

Stop pretending you?re stupid to prove your point.

I'm just making the point that these assholes are automatically inconsiderate as they won't let others through nor do they ever run a peaceful protest. While I don't think that he should have rammed them at that speed, I wouldn't have objected if he'd used his car just to shoulder them out of the way.

Act like an asshole, get what you deserve? Shouldn't be surprised.

I have to agree to that.

I don't think it's a vile, despicable and hateful crime, not at all. At most it's a nuisance and an irritation. I do believe ramming through them and potentially severely injuring or even killing some of them is entirely justified though. Perhaps it may dislodge their heads from their asses and reintroduce them to the real world, a world in which they do not sit at the center of or however that sentence should have been structured in order to be grammatically correct.

Their whole protest is about being annoying and disruptive to motorists. I mean, that's what it's all about, right? And their goal is.... something, I really don't think it matters, they're basically just stroppy children stomping their feet to get their way. And their whole plan hinges on the fact that no one would ever dare to run them over. Well... someone called their bluff.

Troll wins. Congratulations.

Update: It was revealed the driver has a history of numerous traffic violations, such as driving on the sidewalk, speeding, driving the wrong direction on a one-way street and to top it all of a lawsuit for assaulting a former girlfriend with a hatchet.
The cyclists version that he wrecked one bike, got infuriated and deliberately rammed the group seems a little more plausible now.
Or not, as I am sure Austere will demonstrate.

Stop pretending you?re stupid to prove your point.
Stop making stupid hypotheticals about women being raped and I wont have to sink down to that same level of stupidity.

Troll wins. Congratulations.
I'm not trolling, I just disagree with you. There's a difference. Also, note that the text you quoted and emboldend was actually me quoting shad_68. He overstated my position for the purposes of creating a slight straw man and I re-used it unaltered for dramatic effect. I don't suggest that it's justifiable, only that it's entirely understandable. These people deliberately infuriate motorists and I understand why someone finally snapped. Which is very different from me saying that it's justifiable. But none of you seem able to make that distinction.

Update: It was revealed the driver has a history of numerous traffic violations, such as driving on the sidewalk, speeding, driving the wrong direction on a one-way street and to top it all of a lawsuit for assaulting a former girlfriend with a hatchet.
The cyclists version that he wrecked one bike, got infuriated and deliberately rammed the group seems a little more plausible now.
Or not, as I am sure Austere will demonstrate.
I really don't care at all about the guy who did it or what motivated him. All I ever said was that the cyclists had it coming. Which they did. As I said, their whole protest involves annoying motorists and delaying them for really no good reason. They essentially entice motorists to run them over out of sheer frustration. And I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for someone who willingly puts themselves in that situation and then actually does get run over. They should have considered that this was an obvious possilbe outcome to their stupid protest.

Last edited:
Once again, you imply that because they were participating in a misguided protest, it is acceptable to ram them with a car.
They were wrong in a number of things, they were clogging the street, they should have left at least one lane free, they could do without the "I am better than you because I am sweating my ass off in a bicycle" and they are mostly self-righteous douches. Still, that doesn?t make what happened right. For all we know, they were not hurting anyone, so why should it be acceptable?
Here is what you need to realize. Personal safety is YOUR (not you specifically) responsibility, if you are more vulnerable (as a cyclist or a motorcyclists) is you need to take steps to ensure that safety. Riding out in the middle of the street an blocking the road is not the way to do it. That was one guy with rage problems in a Golf, imagine if it were a different guy in an H1 with more rage problems who would just run through the crowd at 50+ likely killing and seriously injuring a bunch of people.

Look at Spectre's videos on a bike, he has a SHITLOAD of room between him an other cars because him running into a car will hurt him not the car. Not to say that what the Golf driver did was right but what the cyclists were doing was beyond retarded. By the same token it could have been a firetruck trying to get through.

... which makes ramming through a mass of people, potentially severly injuring or even killing some, an entirely justified, normal, and perfectly acceptable response?!?

This would go back to evolution. You have a bunch of people doing something that they KNOW will piss people off, they are doing it DELIBERATELY and pissing people off. Now 90% of the people will get annoyed, go on a forum or call a friend and bitch about fagcyclists getting in their way and making them late. Something like 5% will be like "meh I ain't got nowhere to go", maybe 4% will through something at them or honk their horns till the battery goes flat. Then you will have the 1% that will put the pedal all the way down and go "QUAD DAMAGE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!" and do what you saw in the video***. Does it make it right? Not at all, is it something that you should see coming? Absofuckinglutely! Does it make those cyclists eligible for Darwin award? You betcha.

***Specifically for people like narf, the percentages are pulled straight out of my ass :p

Last edited:
the 1% that will put the pedal all the way down and go "QUAD DAMAGE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!" and do what you saw in the video***. Does it make it right? Not at all, is it something that you should see coming? Absofuckinglutely! Does it make those cyclists eligible for Darwin award? You betcha.
See? He gets it. It's fuckin' simple. It's basically about these cyclists acting like adults instead of spoilt children and sucking it up and taking responsibility for their actions.