As much as some people hate bicyclists...

And if for example a van blocks the view, you have to slow down enough to be sure you won't run over any pedestrian, who steps on the road from behind that van.

Don't forget to have said van ticketed for parking in front of a zebra crossing.

I like this analogy.

However, I think the Critical Mass people would claim it was the drivers who cut off the bicyclists' water. And that, IMO, is the true source of the issue. People, whatever their form of transportation, fail to understand that we need to share and take others needs and wants into consideration. It's like preschool, only on a much larger and more dangerous scale.

Noble cause, but something that's largely lost on the majority of normally rational adults, especially in this capitalistic, winner-take-all society so many of the world's states have embraced or aspired to. Not to say that's inherently bad, after all it's just a system, but let's just say sharing isn't one of its top priorities.

In this case both sides broke their respective laws, it's just the driver decided to take it one step further and should be accordingly punished.

Last edited:
This Critical Mass thing is once a month, on a friday night. I can go to this website to seen the next time they stage a demonstration.

What is the problem? They are extreme protesters who make up a very tiny percentage of bike riders; in fact, if you look through the history of the world, extremists ALWAYS make a tiny percentage of the population.

Bottom line is, panties need not be twisted, vagina's need not be sprinkled with sand.

What the locals call places is not relevant. The established form in the speakers language is. People that are not native to the area don't go around saying 'Roma', 'Bukaresti' or 'G?teborg' just because that's what the locals say. The chinese may call their capital Beijing, I call it Peking.

This Critical Mass thing is once a month, on a friday night. I can go to this website to seen the next time they stage a demonstration.

What is the problem? They are extreme protesters who make up a very tiny percentage of bike riders; in fact, if you look through the history of the world, extremists ALWAYS make a tiny percentage of the population.

Bottom line is, panties need not be twisted, vagina's need not be sprinkled with sand.

Doesn't help much if they are delaying you. Tho I have yet to see any in NYC, probably because I generally take mass transit for work related purpose and when I drive they have already dispersed.

Though I have this feeling that no one would even notice any extra delay here. Cyclists are faster than cars in Manhattan....

Last edited: