Mythbusters

I guess once in a while every show gets the "Top Gear Syndrome" :p

But that said the last few episodes was not that bad eh?

So, anyone still following Mythbusters?

I must say this show has really gone downhill. The Green Hornet special was a new low, and nowadays it's really just blowing stuff up. Also, I have the feeling they're getting lazy with preparations. There always were myths where they didn't test accurately, but I have the feeling it's getting worse.

Kari is still damn hot though...

Actually the latest season was good, back to less blowing stuff up and more experimenting.

Must be me then. I think I'm just fed up with them endlessly dragging out myths which could be handled within 10 minutes, explaining everything thrice and generating artificial climaxes. Then they are the things they apply their "simple logic" to and end up with worthless results.

Last edited:
I do sort of agree with you, they've really ran out of worthwhile myths and are mainly doing... nothing, really. Like you said, the green hornet episode was terrible. Hey, I'm Seth Rogen, listen to my annoying laugh, uh huh huh huh huh. Oh, yeah, and we've totally carefully chosen a small amount of explosives that shouldn't completely destroy the front end loader... 250 pounds worth of explosives, it'll definitely stay in one piece! But they're inconsistent, some of the episodes are still quite good - namely the episodes that don't end in "well, we've completely busted the myth and still have a half hour left, let's blow a hole in the clouds!"

For what it's worth I don't download the show and Discovery Canada is always some three months or so behind.