Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

I was really thinking about going to drive on Hockenheim in the spring, right after I get the anti-gay bar for the MX-5. Thanks to D-Fence I'm having second thoughts...

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/03/07/image-185861-galleryV9-fekk.jpg

John Cobb, 1935, 24l 12 Cylinder Napier Railton, 500hp in Brooklands. He put down 230km/h with that car in 1934, the standing speed record for Brooklands.

Same car, restored:

image-185858-galleryV9-iben.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because racecar.

I'd be more worried about the side pipes hugging what appears to be the primary fuel tanks. :p

Still badfuckingass tho.

That's a good lookin' merc.

It would be if you took the fugly ass alloys off it and made it stock with body coloured hubcaps. Looks to be a minter but with those rims I have to call carbage.

Such a shame as that has to be one of my favourite Benzes.

It would be if you took the fugly ass alloys off it and made it stock with body coloured hubcaps. Looks to be a minter but with those rims I have to call carbage.

Such a shame as that has to be one of my favourite Benzes.

You, sir, are wrong.

Dead wrong.

I agree with Posmo, I think the wheels look great.

You, sir, are wrong.

Dead wrong.

No, I have an opinion. To which I am entitled as are you. Mine is that those wheels would look fine on a :bmwpoo: but I would personally rather see a car in such nice condition look stock.

Sorry but you are both wrong. MWF got a point, these wheels would look nice on a old Golf/Rabbit. But on a Merc, that's carbage. The car is one of the best cars ever.

Reactions: MWF