Bicycles!

I never knew such things existed in bicycle form. Not sure if I like knowing this.

i realy don't understand why you would buy sth like that

afaik NO ONE wants to be associated with these
1787436.bin

why would you get a bicycle that makes you look like a wannabe?

Last edited:
Think what you like, but please explain exactly how does owning a chopper bicycle associate me with outlaw motorcycle gangs? Unless you think I actually wear black leathers when riding it? Weird.

Actually after thinking about this, it probably comes back to the differences between our two countries. In Australia chopper motorcycles are quite popular and are not really associated with motorcycle gangs at all - it is probably the same deal in the US as I think that is where the craze originated. It is probably a different story in Europe which probably explains it.

Exactly, I don't associate choppers (motorcycles/bikes) with the HEs or other gangs, I associate them more with Hotrodding and that sort of culture.

I actually modeled my bike after a hotrod that I saw at a car show this summer. I also don't consider my bike a "chopper" to me it's more of a newschool spin on old school custom bicycles.

Like this:
images

Exactly, I don't associate choppers (motorcycles/bikes) with the HEs or other gangs, I associate them more with Hotrodding and that sort of culture.

I actually modeled my bike after a hotrod that I saw at a car show this summer. I also don't consider my bike a "chopper" to me it's more of a newschool spin on old school custom bicycles.

Like this:
images

I can see where you got your inspiration now! You should try find a seat similar to that, and some mudguards to suit :cool:
Maybe even a chain guard too if you're keen!

Hello fellow bike fiends

Hello fellow bike fiends

I'm just getting back into MTB riding (Haven't ridden hard since I was 17 and probably won't last very long).
Scratch all that the bike I was looking at (TREK 4100) on ebay went way above retail price... Crazy people

[video=youtube;Z19zFlPah-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o[/video]

That ACID definitely looks the part Bone and got nothing but top reviews. I like how the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint "To save weight"!

Last edited:
just got back from the shop, and ordered me this one

Cube%20acid_schwarz.jpg

rock shox suspension
shimano XT 10-speed gears
hayes hydraulic disc brakes

i'll have it on tuesday!

:woot: :woot:

Last edited:
Looks great, this is probably one of the best value-for-money bikes out there. I have used and abused mine for about 5000-6000km now and the only things I have changed are the chain, brake pads, tires and a few inner tubes.

I'm glad this thread has doubled in length since I last posted and it has made me realized that I need to desperately service my bike. I think it's starting to get angry at me...

Indeed! Had completely forgotten about this thread. Weather here is improving and might go out for a ride again coming weekend. Unfortunately didn't have the time to clean the bike like I was planning on during the winter months.

I used to be heavy into BMX riding when I was a kid but stopped as soon as I turned 16 (cars)

I want to get back into it but can't find any good new BMX for sale anywhere. Anyone know of any good BMX makers who arent asking like 500 bucks for an aluminum one?