Ownership Verified: My first car is a Benz

I really, really love my Benz, it is an awesome car, but today i fucked up...

http://a.imageshack.**/img851/2262/img0940.jpg
http://a.imageshack.**/img710/604/img0936z.jpg
http://a.imageshack.**/img163/6492/img0937c.jpg
http://a.imageshack.**/img847/5438/img0938.jpg
http://img862.imageshack.**/img862/6867/img0939.jpg
long story short: I was waaayyy to tired this morning, i shouldn't even have tried to get behind the wheel...
After maybe 6 km into my way to work I just... fell asleep. I found myself driving directly at a sign at 80-90 km/h and overcorrected. This led to my car driving into the field and rolling over once. I wasn't injured (not even a bruise) and walked away from the crashsite.

Take this as a bad example. NEVER EVER drive when you're tired.

I'm just very lucky to have been in a Mercedes, if this would've happendend in, say an Opel of the same era i wouldn't just have a tense neck.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're alright... sorry about the car man, I'm sure you can bring it back, the chassis doesn't look affected.

That sucks dude, glad to hear you are ok. Good thing it was in such a rural area and it was only your car involved. It could have been much worse.

:hug:

Bringing that back won't be worth it, there are a million more Benzeseses just like it. If it rolled over once the damage could be massive compared to the car's value.

Thanks for your concern:)

And to answer your question... no it won't be brought back, i don't have the time for such a projekt right now.

Just gave it away to someone with a tow company (free tow ftw) and he gave me a super sweet deal on a 230 e AND i can take parts from my benz

(fun fact) i only know the guy who owns the tow company since yesterday, i was collecting parts from his warehouse where he's got several 124's

Last edited:
What a shame, but good to see the Benz lived up to its tank-like reputation and kept you safe.

I'm glad you have learned your lesson, driving tired creeps up on you big time and the signs warning against it aren't there for scaremongering. Thankfully for you and others it happened on what looks like a remote road.

As for the wreckage, another member here pretty much destroyed his CE of the same era and yet it was fixed. I'm not sure this one is valuable enough to warrant the repairs though

Phew, good thing you are ok. Shame about the car, but in the end that can always be replaced. :hug:

As for the wreckage, another member here pretty much destroyed his CE of the same era and yet it was fixed. I'm not sure this one is valuable enough to warrant the repairs though

From the pictures, it looks almost every bit of sheet metal has been damaged. The repair costs probably exceed the value of the car by far.

Last edited:
What a shame, but good to see the Benz lived up to its tank-like reputation and kept you safe.

I'm glad you have learned your lesson, driving tired creeps up on you big time and the signs warning against it aren't there for scaremongering. Thankfully for you and others it happened on what looks like a remote road.

Well yes i pretty much learned my lesson the hard way but it is still better than having that accident in a not so save car...

nah it wasn't that valuable, i think it would cost double of what it's worth if not more to repair it.

about the tank-like reputation: when the (tow-man?) arrived, i pushed the car out and it drove off the field by itself :D

From the pictures, it looks almost every bit of sheet metal has been damaged. The repair costs probably exceed the value of the car by far.

hah. have you looked at the hood? out of some odd miracle it doesnt even have a scratch even though it popped up at the back :lol:
i think it must be because the frame has bent or something?

That was rolled?? It barely looks damaged at all for what happened to it! Glad you're ok.

it drove off the field by itself :D

So, you've become a British teenager, then? :D (Since apparently all British teens end up rolling their cars in a field.) The only thing missing is sheep that are no longer living. :p

Good to see you're not seriously hurt and that the Merc functioned as designed.

Oh, snap.

Glad to hear you're ok, sorry for the car. Be sure to post your new car as well, I hope you don't have to settle for a worse Merc.

Yes I did crash my W124, and it was repaired. But then it was a prime '94 C124 valued at over 12k, and the repairs cost over 7500 euros, and it was only a head-on collision.

So, you've become a British teenager, then? :D (Since apparently all British teens end up rolling their cars in a field.) The only thing missing is sheep that are no longer living. :p

Good to see you're not seriously hurt and that the Merc functioned as designed.

If they weren't missing, this thread would've gone NSFW :p

But we must look forward.
And as of today i concluded that my future cars (if possible) have the three pointed star on their hood.
Well i was thinking along that line before but, as said before, i wouldn't want that crash in any other car.
So here goes the colour of my next car:
473-Champagnermetallic.jpg

(the only differnce to that picture would be the car itself)

I'm just very lucky to have been in a Mercedes, if this would've happendend in, say an Opel of the same era i wouldn't just have a tense neck.

Not if you where in an Omega, which was proofed by my dad, when his second Omega got hit by croatian Coachbus at 40 mph.

Oh, snap.

Glad to hear you're ok, sorry for the car. Be sure to post your new car as well, I hope you don't have to settle for a worse Merc.

Yes I did crash my W124, and it was repaired. But then it was a prime '94 C124 valued at over 12k, and the repairs cost over 7500 euros, and it was only a head-on collision.

Tell me more, me likes rescued mercs...

I'll just re-use this thread, as there will be basically no difference to my old car apart from the colour and the engine. (see (second) post above)

I'll go to bed now, my neck still hurts<_<

Last edited:
Tell me more, me likes rescued mercs...

Here, story starts on page 3, http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/my-old-e-class-coupe-35941/page-3/#post1238044 . I've sold the car by now to buy the 560SEC, even though the thread there does not say so.
BTW if you have persistent pain, especially tomorrow, get yourself checked out asap. It's always a good idea to have yourself checked after a jolt like that but even more so if you can feel pain. There is also trauma which does not immediately manifest itself as pain.

The W124 did what it was designed to do. The best thing you can do is honour it by getting an another one.