Trapped on a Desert Island.....

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
So the age old question, I thought I'd pose it to everyone.

If you were trapped on a deserted island and somehow had the capability of listening to music, what would the one artist's discography be, that you could have with you?

(I know normally it's just one album, but I'm interested in hearing why people choose certain artists)

Probably Megadeth. Metallica is actually my favorite band, but Megadeth has more variation across their discography and that would be helpful in a lifetime type situation such as this.

Led Zeppelin

The Expendables They have a reasonably large discography and while not my most favorite band of all time i have never not wanted to listen to them so i won't start to hate them for probably atleast a few years.

VAST, Morphine, Steppenwolf, Therapy?, The The, or Sister Machine Gun

Of those, probably Sister Machine Gun for the same reasons everyone else has said. Not my all-time favorite band, but there's at least 8 albums, and lots of different sounds. They also never got that big ("Scream" soundtrack was their big break), so it's not like I've heard 'em a million times on the radio.

Couple Examples:

Last edited:
As some of you have said, I think variation is the key here.

That in mind, I think I would Choose Devin Townsend. He's done everything from Metal, to Pop, to Polka, to Country.

I have to go with Rainbow

rainbow_long_live_rock%27n_roll.jpg

The band had several different periods - from heavy metal, to pop rock, and some classic rock. Four different singers throughout the years. It would give me a lot of material to listen to on the deserted island.

(And if I were allowed to, I would just get the entire Ritchie Blackmore discography - Rainbow, Deep Purple, and Blackmore's Night)

(And if I were allowed to, I would just get the entire Ritchie Blackmore discography - Rainbow, Deep Purple, and Blackmore's Night)

Well, if we could do the discography of one person, I'd have to say Rudy Van Gelder. He was the recording engineer on literally thousands of albums, most Jazz. From allmusic: "Rudy Van Gelder is, quite simply, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on the Blue Note label from 1953 to 1967 (among thousands of others), encompassing some of jazz's most groundbreaking and enduring classics."

If I had to pick a specific artist, it would likely be Mike Patton (allmusic: "Mike Patton could very well be one of the most versatile and talented singers in rock music.")

Mike Patton is a great choice, he's done so much!

Either Morcheeba or the aforementioned Chili Peppers.

Either Morcheeba or the aforementioned Chili Peppers.

Both good choices.

Hmm...Trent Reznor might be up there, too. He's done quite a bit from video game scores, to NIN, to composing parts of the score for The Social Network. :p

Daft Punk, hands down. I listen to them so much already and they still don't get old. I don't need variety if what I'm listening to is epic enough. I'm one of those people that can listen to the same song on repeat all day long.

Tool.

And if it was limited to one album, Tool - ?nima

i can't name an artist that i wouldn't get bored with if i had nothing else to listen to.