Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Which is about at my mitsu's window level in that particular X :p, Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.

It is a cool bumper, right until the minute you have to beef up the suspension. then again I did say you needed a battering ram on wheels.

Last edited:
That X has a significant lift on it. I only plan to go up 2.5 inches.

Does anyone have a slingshot large enough to hold a early 90's compact car?

I wish i could catapult mine off a cliff atm. -_- Damn Failturn always failing at the worst possible time. The sad part is, i'm in some sort of no mans land financially where I can afford/scrounge up funds to replace things that break (and it's seemingly a weekly occurrence..i just bought a new battery now something ELSE is wrong..) yet I can't manage to save up enough to buy a newer car. (thanks 2 low wage jobs!)

I wish i could catapult mine off a cliff atm. -_- Damn Failturn always failing at the worst possible time. The sad part is, i'm in some sort of no mans land financially where I can afford/scrounge up funds to replace things that break (and it's seemingly a weekly occurrence..i just bought a new battery now something ELSE is wrong..) yet I can't manage to save up enough to buy a newer car. (thanks 2 low wage jobs!)

Weren't you saying not long ago that that Saturn was a very reliable car, etc., etc. and how you didn't understand why other people were saying nasty things about it? :p

I don't have such a slingshot, but I can come up with a catapault. Or a skip, a crane, and a piano.

Last edited:
Weren't you saying not long ago that that Saturn was a very reliable car, etc., etc. and how you didn't understand why other people were saying nasty things about it? :p

I don't have such a slingshot, but I can come up with a catapault. Or a skip, a crane, and a piano.

Yes, and Yes. XD Consider my lesson learned....I wonder how all those people with 300,000 mile Saturn S-Series do it though? lol. But yes, I've seen the error of my ways, and boy I think that crane and piano would come in handy. :p

That was better than the recent TG challenges, imho.

When you finally get rid of that thing, don't scrap it or trade it in (it'll be useless at those prices anyway) - Saturns are top-tier Lemons cars. You can probably sell it on to a team for a few hundred bucks - and none of the problems you seem to have with it will hurt a racing effort one damned bit.

When you finally get rid of that thing, don't scrap it or trade it in (it'll be useless at those prices anyway) - Saturns are top-tier Lemons cars. You can probably sell it on to a team for a few hundred bucks - and none of the problems you seem to have with it will hurt a racing effort one damned bit.

I'll definetly keep Lemons in mind, that would be a fun sight to see. :D

More from the idiots during tourist drives in Hockenheim:

[video=youtube;d3AYmj-ZSL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3AYmj-ZSL4[/video]

And some failing, HARD (I mean, Corrado flew out of that corner for the third time, but when a car is uncontrollable on the grass in front of me I don't fucking overtake it)

[video=youtube;AnzKw1-YUcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnzKw1-YUcI&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

I stick to the Nordschleife, there is no room for such idiots. They fail there, WALL.

It's stuff like that ^^^ that makes me have no interest in track days.

Talk to nugget or equiraptor, but to my knowledge, shit like this is not tolerated on trackdays and most have a zero-tolerance policy regarding this sort of behavior. These videos are testament of what happens when you just set a bunch of idiots loose on a track, without any sort of guidance, marshalling or whatsoever. Trackdays are a far cry from this.

So would marshals kicking people out for doing dangerous stuff (trying to drift when a) your ESP can not be disabled and b) you have no idea how to drift in the first place, see E-class driver), or people enlightening drivers about correct approaches to difficult corners (Corrado failing in the same fashion 3 times in a row), or just stupid dangerous overtaking manoeuvres.

Its things like that, that would scare me out of doing track days..
I mean i would love to test my cars limits but im afraid of retards like that...

Wow, both the fail cars in the 1st and 3rd videos were E36s...:hmm:

It's stuff like that ^^^ that makes me have no interest in track days.

After seeing the footage I have a possible solution - ban all BMW drivers from track days :lol:

(Apart from the Merc and the Corrado, all other dangerous maneuvers were done by "Ultimate Driving Machines")

After seeing the footage I have a possible solution - ban all BMW drivers from track days :lol:

(Apart from the Merc and the Corrado, all other dangerous maneuvers were done by "Ultimate Driving Machines")

:lol:

To be fair though, I think it's the wannabe drifter morons that cause the problems. That's why I don't buy into the RWD>everythingelse nonsense anymore. Being able to drift means less than nothing to me. Being to able to drive slowly around a track, while destroying your tires, and burning a whole tank of gas seems like a rather... dumb reason to buy a car. When I watch those Fifth Gear segments where one of the tests is a drift/powerslide challenge, I would sooner buy the car that fails that test, as it probably has more grip and better handling.

So what you're actually saying is ban all non-Porsche German cars from track days :shifty: