Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Middle East Special

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Bugatti

Mine would be the Vietnam special. In the words of Jeremy at the end:

"What a journey! 700 miles on my bike, 250 miles on a train, and about 50 miles on my face." :lol:

Last edited:
Bolivia for me. I always wanted TopGear to do a 4WD challenge of some sort. When they did the Bolivia special, it was just awesome. Not perfect though, the faked Toyota accident at the end bothered me quite a bit, but beyond that I thought the whole thing was perfect.

Another vote for Bolivia here. I think I've watched it about as often as I've watched the rest of the specials combined. Granted, yes, the bit with the Toyota at the end was a bit obvious but it doesn't take away from how much I enjoyed the special, overall.

Next would be Vietnam & Botswana, tied. The Middle East one is darned close to those two, as well. Then US road trip, then Polar. (Not that a ranking was asked, but what the heck...)

1. Vietnam
2. Romania
3. Bolivia
4. Botswana
5. US
6. Middle East
7. Polar

Bolivia for sure.

May falling off the plank.. then "Insects, millions of them!"...

Come on, you can't beat that!

There are now 3 US specials, which makes me want to say that we Americans have spent too much time posting about how we'd like Top Gear to go to America. Yes, we are the most automotive country on the planet, but there are a lot more places to go.

Which of the 3 US specials are you speaking of? Florida to New Orleans, San Francisco to Bonneville (my favorite) or Blue Ridge Parkway to NYC?

The second US road trip wasn't a special. The first and third ones are.

Lessee...

1) Polar Special
2) Botswana
3) TIE: Bolivia, Vietnam
5) US III (Blue Ridge to NYC)
6) Middle East
7) US I (Miami to NOLA)

I can't choose between Polar, Botswana and Bolivia. All three were epic journeys.

Polar. It is something to drive from point A to B but being the first people to do so in a harsh terrain? Thats incredible. I mean its not the funniest but I believe its the hardest of them all. James dancing at the end and being on the potty while Jeremy drove away no doubt goes on my top 10 memorable Top Gear acts.

For me while the Polar one was the most epic, Botswana was the one that seemed the most complete to me.

The Botswana special is my favorite. Nice scenary, epic challenges and the trusty lancia especially it's timed lap and the road warrior moment.
The polar special was epic, but the progress was hard to follow and it wasn't exactly a roadtrip (sailing trip?) as a proper race.

Mildly amusing that the colour in the poll for the Vietnam special is bright pink, considering what happened to Hammond's bike. :lol:

Botswana for definite, although I nearly accidentally clicked on "Bolivia" in the poll. I loved the stripped down, Mad Max cars, the music was wonderful and it contained my favourite shot ever on Top Gear. Sometimes I replay the whole thing (it still sits in my Sky+ box) just to see that shot in context. I'd post a screencap but unfortunately I don't have any, as I watch the show the way God intended.

(However, if anyone has a cap of the ostriches running in one direction and Clarkson's Lancia driving in the other, I'd love to see it.)

between botswana and vietnam are my favorites. i cant pick one over the other.

Gota go with Botswana because that is the first episode I saw of our beloved Top Gear. I know, I know I was late to the party but thanks to the wonders of the internets that's been changed :)

It really is hard to pick between Botswana, Vietnam and Polar for me, personally. I liked all three pretty much the same, but my pick in the end came down to Jeremy having such a horrible time riding his little scooter the whole way in Vietnam, and on top of that, the ending where they have to turn their motorbikes into boats and get to the island. That was just so much fun to watch in one episode! I loved it all! :)

The Vietnam episode has my vote here, just slightly though. This is like comparing fruit: they're all great to eat, and you just want them all, not be forced to choose just one. :)

Mine would have to be Vietnam. The whole episode is an example of why I love Top Gear: 3 guys, getting into trouble and having fun at the expense of the oblivious. :p The other thing I love about Top Gear though is the cars, and the lack of those is the only thing that stopped the Vietnam Special from being a perfect show. And yet, the motorbikes actually lent themselves to some pretty funny moments, so I guess the episode would not have been the same without them!

-Mike