2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

1) Pole and winner?

Pole Webber / Winner Alonso

2) Will we see another year with a supremely dominant car again like Red Bull last year?

Yes Ferrari will get back to the top.

3) Do you think we will be up for big surprises with the tyres and the amount of pitstops required?

The car and driver combination who looks after their tyres the best will reap rich rewards.

4) Any weather interruptions or safety cars during the race that will stir things up?

At least some rain, and probably 1 or 2 safety car in the earliest laps.

5) Will any of the midfielders manage to get close to the podium?

Yes. Renault or even Force India (Well I hope so they deserve a bit more success).

6) Any DNF's? HRT perhaps?

Maybe a couple DNF's. Not too sure until I see the first few races.

7) Which three drivers will be on the podium?

Alonso, Webber, and Hamilton. (guess really but I hope the tyres will suite Hamilton)

8) How has your "winter break" been without F1?

Uneventful, not as fired up as for the last couple of years for some reason.​

1) Pole and winner?

Pole: Vettel, Race win: Webber.

2) Will we see another year with a supremely dominant car again like Red Bull last year?

I hope not.

3) Do you think we will be up for big surprises with the tyres and the amount of pitstops required?

I think that its no suprise, because there will be more pitstops than last season.

4) Any weather interruptions or safety cars during the race that will stir things up?

I hope there will be some rain.

Renault or even Williams.

HTR.

Webber,Button,Barrichello.

Boring.

1) Pole and winner?
Vettel, Alonso

No

Yus

Probably a safety car or two.

Maybe...

Many.

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton

I had an existential crisis and felt like shit for weeks.

Last edited:
1) Pole and winner?
Massa, Webber

No

Depends on what a big surprise means... we know by now we're expecting 3 stops from the teams.

Slight chance of showers I reckon, no interruptions... Maybe 1 SC

Yes

DNFs: 9... HRT probably won't qualify, they don't even know if the car works

Webber, Alonso, Kobayashi

It was fine playing the F1 game and other things to keep the addiction in check, but the Kubica was horrifying.

I am sad.

Bought tickets ages ago to see Stephen k Amos on Sunday with some mates. Only now do I realise F1 starts at 5pm and my show starts at 6pm.

Bugger :(

I got my grandstand tickets for the main straight months back and i just cant wait for it now, it will be my 16th race at Melbourne and i don't think l'll be able to sleep in the next coming days.

what time (GMT) will qualification and the race be held?

Do daylight savings come into effect this weekend where you are? If they do, then quali is at 7:00 AM and the race at 8:00 AM CET, BST is one hour behind that and GMT varies. :lol:

what time (GMT) will qualification and the race be held?

From IRC #f1:

* Topic for #f1 is: FinalGear's IRC Home to Formula 1 Racing and Drama! Start of Season!!! Next Round: 01. Melbourne.au, the Land of Kangaroos - P1: 25/03 0130GMT, P2: 25/03 0530GMT, P3: 26/11 0300GMT, Quali: 26/11 0600GMT, RACE: 27/11 0600GMT
* Topic for #f1 set by ZeDestructor at Sat Mar 19 14:26:18 2011

(Yes, I converted all the times from the F1 website :/)

There is still DST. DST only turns off at 3rd April

My office is on St Kilda road and this morning they must have engine starts or something because I can hear one or two cars on the track from 7:30am. Still going...*sigh* if only I could sneak across the road to see them.

How tall is the office building? Go to the roof?

not tall enough unfortunately but it's ok, might be able to sneak over there tomorrow for one official practice.
Good working with the sound of F1 cars in the background.

Do daylight savings come into effect this weekend where you are? If they do, then quali is at 7:00 AM and the race at 8:00 AM CET, BST is one hour behind that and GMT varies. :lol:

There is still DST. DST only turns off at 3rd April

That's why I tend to stick with non-DST GMT/UTC when planning/providing times of international events.

Well at the moment its being raining really hard for the hole day and i only live 15mins from the track, the weather looks ok for race day but who knows with Melbourne.