The "Things that annoy me" thread

Doesn't Delaware have bigger issues to deal with?

This shit: http://consumerist.com/2011/03/delaware-dot-rip-out-8-basketball-hoops.html

ITS A FUCKING CUL DE SAC!!!! Not a main road, not even a side road that has flow through traffic...but a culdesac. I dunno about you but 99 percent of the culdesacs i see are fucking deserted of cars, yet 1 asswipe with a stick up their ass who probably wants every fucking house to look the same with the same damn mailbox and same lawn grass height (measured with a ruler of course) rats out the rest of the neighborhood??? And then, the police guy LIES to her...fuck them.

Yet another reason why I hate neighbors...nosy gits. I'll be sure to try not to have any.

And with that minirant...I'm off to bed. Night FG.

This is why you have to make sure that every fucking person in your neighbourhood believes you are a psycopath, cry about my mailbox? Get head beaten in with a rusty shovel after I eat your dog and rape your wife....or the other way around :p

Seriously though, we get those to, (some are even on this board :p) I found the only way to get rid of them is give em so much stuff to complain about the cops eventualy get bored and annoyed when he/she calls AGAIN and stop taking that bullshit seriously.

On a sidenote, I hate it when my neighbour downstairs decides it?s time for a BBQ and by the time I?ve noticed, the smell of smoke in my bedroom is so strong I have to go and wash the sheets and linen to get rid of it. Happend twice ... this month. "Then close your windows" was his reply ... thx buddy, but how about looking up and checking if there is a window open before you light your shit up? I can?t see into the future or read your mind as when I better keep my windows shut ... sadly I like some fresh air from time to time ... my bad :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This shit: http://consumerist.com/2011/03/delaware-dot-rip-out-8-basketball-hoops.html

ITS A FUCKING CUL DE SAC!!!! Not a main road, not even a side road that has flow through traffic...but a culdesac. I dunno about you but 99 percent of the culdesacs i see are fucking deserted of cars, yet 1 asswipe with a stick up their ass who probably wants every fucking house to look the same with the same damn mailbox and same lawn grass height (measured with a ruler of course) rats out the rest of the neighborhood??? And then, the police guy LIES to her...fuck them.

Yet another reason why I hate neighbors...nosy gits. I'll be sure to try not to have any.

And with that minirant...I'm off to bed. Night FG.

This is why you have to make sure that every fucking person in your neighbourhood believes you are a psycopath, cry about my mailbox? Get head beaten in with a rusty shovel after I eat your dog and rape your wife....or the other way around :p

Seriously though, we get those to, (some are even on this board :p) I found the only way to get rid of them is give em so much stuff to complain about the cops eventualy get bored and annoyed when he/she calls AGAIN and stop taking that bullshit seriously.
Those developments with homeowner committee, every house must be exactly the same bullshit, really piss me off.
And remind me of Over The Hedge, with a song that perfectly satirizes them.
[video=youtube;-uVC7gqFJXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVC7gqFJXA[/video]

^this exactly is why I never want to live in an appartment building or anything remotly resembling what you would call a suburb, my house, my lawn, my pasture, my car, my Goddamn business.....

*I might not be the most agreable person to live next to*

DHL vans blocking the road annoy me a lot. He only has to park 10 m further ahead and I woud be able to pass him by. But of course that would mean he has to WALK 10 more meters to deliver his package...

5574110793_a5eee840e7_o.jpg

Last edited:
I can?t see into the future or read your mind as when I better keep my windows shut ... sadly I like some fresh air from time to time ... my bad :rolleyes:
Don't you know that it's always the fault of he person that's been inconvenienced? If they weren't such damn sissies there wouldn't be any complaints! ;-)

...or rather, if annoying people knew how to think of other people, they wouldn't be annoying.

^this exactly is why I never want to live in an appartment building or anything remotly resembling what you would call a suburb, my house, my lawn, my pasture, my car, my Goddamn business.....

*I might not be the most agreable person to live next to*
I don't know, you seem to be the type of person that actually tries to resolve an issue face to face before resorting to calling the police or doing the passive aggressive asshole act. Though I'd rather have a decent amount of land around me that separates me from my neighbors than a couple feet of land. My ideal property would have enough space to ride dirt bikes, rally carts, and such without calling attention to police; which was the problem I had when I had a dirt bike shortly, the lack of space to ride it around.

Which brings up an annoyance with a lack of off roading places in the area. There used to be tons of open land around, all perfectly safe for dirtbiking and general off road hoonery. This land slowly disappeared as it was bought up by people who all had the same idea, housing developments, most of the land was owned by the town and the police were okay with people using them, hell encouraged it as it made it easier for them since everyone used one place. This land was eventually bought by someone who leveled the area and started to build a retirement village, I say started because it was never finished as the developer went bankrupt.

So now we have a half finished development where the developer fled the scene and is not paying taxes on the land. The town could have invested in the land, set up a legitimate dirt biking and off road facility, make home for a program to teach kids how to ride a dirt bike and off road safety, maybe a shop selling helmets and other gear. Instead we have some ruined land, a half finished development, and dirt bikers everywhere. And it's not like it wasn't proposed to the town either, several plans were suggested but the town committee voted it down every time claiming it was too dangerous or a waste of money.

but but... mcguffin.... if he has to walk 10 meters to deliver the package, there is a chance the owner is home to receive it.
That is clearly against DHL policy

Children ride motorized razor scooter. Town deals with this by banning all scooters. :|
I am glad I have been too sick to go out and buy one.

Town overreacting much?

This was also apparently years ago they did this, kids don't even ride the non motorized ones anymore, and they haven't fixed the rule. Instead they just write a newspaper article about it to remind everyone that they are illegal because people have been buying scooters and trying to ride them.

DHL vans blocking the road annoy me a lot. He only has to park 10 m further ahead and I woud be able to pass him by. But of course that would mean he has to WALK 10 more meters to deliver his package...

5574110793_a5eee840e7_o.jpg

i used to work for DHL, therefore they annoy me a lot. i'm sure if you banged the management's collective heads together you still wouldn't get a spark of intelligence in there.

Well, they have one advantage here, though: Since DHL uses the Deutsche Post network and infrastructure, delivery of packages is rather reliable, because the drivers are all locals and know their way around town.

It's a completeley different picture with competing parcel service like GLS, UPS or Hermes. Because they work trans-regional, don't know their way around town and are strictly relying on their sat nav systems.

Now we all know, that sat nav systems aren't always reliable and the Eastern part of my street, for example, is always being ignored by them. What's worse, however, is the sat navs' inability to suggest alternative street names. If for example the first letter of a street is written wrong on the package or entered falsely into the system, the sat nav simply says "doesn't exist". So lots of packages are returned as "undeliverable". I get that a lot at work, because when I enter the address into an online map service, very often only one letter is wrong or a number is twisted in the postal code.

DHL is still able to correct such things here.

The armored car guys at the mall do something similar. They park along the curb BEFORE the crosswalk...which means anyone wanting to cross at the cross walk first has to back-up to look behind the big armored truck, and then scuttle forward quickly when you think no cars are coming, to then have to peek your head around the truck into traffic to double-check before you can cross.

If they would just park AFTER the crosswalk, all of this could be avoided.

Also: The background check I have to fill out for my new job.
"Have I been convicted of a felony?" is what is on most checks. No. "Have you been convicted of a crime?" Well...damnit...really? I have to write about the time I was 21 and walking home late at night and took a short cut I've taken 1000 times down some unused railroad tracks, through the back lot of a factory and was caught my the factory's security and brought in for tresspassing? Really? *facepalm*

"List every address where you've worked, lived, or went to school for the past 7 years." Damnit. I worked a part-time job up until 6 years ago, and lived in an apartment 2 apartments ago 6 years ago...damnit. Now I gotta look it all up. Damnit.

Last edited:
"Today on (Insert every TV programme and station) the Royal Wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously who gives a fuck?