Doctor Who

I can't find a copy of the pre-episode (not the trailers) that plays outside the UK. Can anyone lend a hand?

there's various copies of it on YouTube, have you tried on there? if not i'll see if i can grab a copy for you. i've got a video file of it somewhere.

Wait, is it just the bit with Nixon? If so, never mind, I watched it in this thread.

Wait, is it just the bit with Nixon? If so, never mind, I watched it in this thread.

Aaaand of course there's the comic relief/fan service special about Amy Pond's skirt.

Aaaand of course there's the comic relief/fan service special about Amy Pond's skirt.

but you missed the most important part of that episode. it wasn't Amy Pond's skirt at all that was the most interesting part of the story. There are more important things going on than her skirt, i mean what about 2 Amy Ponds?!

There are more important things going on than her skirt, i mean what about 2 Amy Ponds?!

Two Amy Ponds making out, to be exact. I thought that'd be a spoiler :p

Just finished rewatching series 5, that was a great series. I'm so pumped for the new series.

Just finished rewatching series 5, that was a great series. I'm so pumped for the new series.

Yeah it was so good i picked it up on bluray...that and it's the only series of new Who on bluray to get anyway :lol:

it wasn't Amy Pond's skirt at all that was the most interesting part of the story.

I'm sorry what? :|

I missed the prequel episode too, been looking on iPlayer but I suppose I'll have to watch it on Youtube. I've seen the trailer though and it's all looking great. :D

Edit: Er, well I wasn't expecting the prequel to only be 2 minutes long but never mind. :lol:

Last edited:
Some goodies to keep you lot interested.
DoctorSonic-4x3.jpg

RoryS6-4x3.jpg

AmyS6-4x3.jpg

Ah... Amy Pond... <3<3<3<3<3
theDoctorS6-4x3.jpg

d11s02_generic_02_4x3.jpg

The rest is spoilered. Since it goes into plot details for the first 2 episodes of Series Six
DWM433-Combined.jpg

6x01: The Impossible Astronaut
Four envelopes, numbered 2, 3 and 4, each containing a date, time and map reference, unsigned, but TARDIS blue. Who sent them? And who received the missing number one? This strange summons reunites the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song in the middle of the Utah desert and unveils a terrible secret the Doctor's friends must never reveal to him.

Placing his life entirely in their hands, the Doctor agrees to search for the recipient of the fourth envelope - just who is Canton Everett Delaware the Third? And what is the relevance of their only other clue: 'Space 1969'? Their quest lands them - quite literally - in the Oval Office, where they are enlisted by President Nixon himself to assist enigmatic former-FBI agent Canton, in saving a terrified little girl from a mysterious spaceman.

6x02: Day of the Moon
The Doctor is locked in the perfect prison. Amy, Rory and River Song are being hunted down across America by the FBI. With the help of new friend and FBI-insider, Canton Everett Delaware the Third, our heroes are reunited to share their discoveries, if not their memories. For the world is occupied by an alien force who control humanity through post-hypnotic suggestion and no one can be trusted. Aided by President Nixon and Neil Armstrong's foot, the Doctor must mount a revolution to drive out the enemy and rescue the missing little girl. No-one knows why they took her. Or why they have kidnapped Amy Pond...

slightly dodgy quality but somewhat watchable.

posted on my blog but figured i would share. this is my theory as for who the Silence is or are.

Since the beginning of Season 5, A threat made by Prisoner Zero during 5?01: The Eleventh Hour has been ringing in the ears. ?The Doctor doesn?t know. The Pandorica will open, Silence will Fall.? Then several episodes later, the Pandorica does indeed open and as such Silence does fall across the universe? or does it. The Pandorica was indeed a trap for the Doctor and his enemies formed a alliance to trap him after believing that the TARDIS would bring about the end of the universe. Of course by doing this, they created the very event they were trying to prevent, the TARDIS was destroyed. creating the cracks in time and space. Existence faded and it wasn?t until the last moment that the Doctor jump started The Big Bang and returned all existence to normality. At the end of 5?13: The Big Bang the Doctor himself muses who could have been responsible for causing the destruction of the TARDIS.

It is said that the Silence have been plotting for a very long time, possibly since the beginning of time and from how they were responsible for their attempt to destroy the TARDIS we can learn a few things.

1: The Silence know of the Time Lords and their technology. This was confirmed through the 2011 trailer for Series Six when the Silence mutters ?Fear me, i have killed hundreds of Time Lords.? to which the Doctor replies ?Fear me, i killed them all? This means that not only did the Silence know of the Time Lords, Gallifrey and very likely the Doctor. Its very likely they also know of the Time War and did not play a part in it. The result of the Time War however, may have played factors into their favor.

2: The Silence are old, very old. The Time Lords are ancient and they believed the Pandorica to be a myth. It therefore stands to reason that the Silence may be as old as the Time Lords themselves. Possibly even older than them.

3: The Silence have a plan. The TARDIS? destruction was part of a plan. They didn?t do it for shits and giggles. They knew what they were doing and how to go about it. This means they have a intended goal. That goal may have been the end of all existence and the universe.

From all of these things, my theory on the Silence is this.

The Silence are not only incredibly old, they may be a form of life that existed before the Big Bang. Before the Universe existed, there was only the Silence. no planets, no life, nothing. Nothing to make a noise, be heard or be seen. The Big Bang comes along, the Silence are suddenly and violently knocked off their high perch in existence and have to deal with the chaos in their once ordered domain. An infinite number of planets all generating life and noise. To the Silence, this annoyed them. They had to be removed. Enter the Time Lords, the first of the races in the universe to arrive on the scene. They fought the Silence and the Time Lords won. The Silence were cast out, destroyed or believed extinct and no longer a threat. Except they did survive. For centuries they waited, paitently biding their time waiting for the right moment to strike.

Along comes the Time War and shifts the scales considerably. The only race, capable of holding the Silence back, the only race capable of defeating them. The Time Lords are gone. Except one, one last Time Lord and his TARDIS. The Silence have fought the Time Lords before and they know of their TARDIS. They come up with a plan to bring the universe back to their order. By using the destruction of a TARDIS they can reset the universe into what was once theirs. A existence of silence. To do this, they needed to stop the Doctor. It is very likely that either through chance or their direct manipulation the enemies of the Doctor captured him and sealed him away in the Pandorica. Giving the Silence the chance to take control of the TARDIS and bring about their plan. For a moment it did indeed succeed. The TARDIS was destroyed, the cracks in the universe erased most of the universe, taking out the stars in the sky and silence fell across the universe.

This plan did not come to fruition though since the Doctor was able to restart the universe and prevent their plan from succeeding. However the Silence are very likely now continuing with their plan. They will need to work fast. The Doctor very likely knows of them or at least suspects since he now believes that someone tampered with his TARDIS. Since the Silence are very old, its likely they have contingency plans as well. They may have known that their plan may fail and as such had other methods to continue towards their goal which means that they very likely also have a plan to deal with the Doctor as well.

it is now official that Doctor Who will return to UK screens on 23rd April 2011 at 6pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.

Also Steven Moffat has given us a preview into the new series
Ah, it's that time of year again. If you close your eyes and wish your hardest, you can just about hear them - the Tardis engines grinding in the sky. The Doctor is coming back.

When last seen, he tumbled down a chimney on Christmas Eve and saved a bad man's soul, but darker days now lie ahead for the last of the Time Lords. The Silence, the unseen enemy who blew up his Tardis last year, have laid deeper plans and set the deadliest trap of all - one that has been ticking away in the Doctor's life for longer than anyone knows.

Newlyweds Amy and Rory are caught up in a century-spanning scheme, and somewhere out there, in a storm-lashed prison, River Song is getting ready to tell the Doctor something that will change his life for ever.

By Lake Silencio, on the Plain of Sighs, a story will begin and end. A good man is going to die, an impossible life will begin, and our heroes will set out on the long road to the deadliest secret in the universe - and when it stares you in the face, you might just discover you've known about it all along.

This year Doctor Who happens twice. Seven episodes now, a cliffhanger that changes everything, then six more episodes after the summer. But that's not all that is changing. Last year was a rollercoaster: Matt Smith's amazing new Doctor came bursting out of the Tardis and tried every ride in the funfair - except one. It's time to step aboard the ghost train.

Welcome to new monsters, new terrors and Doctor Who season six. Hold tight!

Actually jedd there is a huge spoiler in the Moffat quote if you read it carefully..........

A good man is going to die - well we know a major character is getting killed off and it has already been narrowed down so by specifying the gender it has be Rory since Matt Smith is in the whole series. Well done Mr Moffat!

Also this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...sors-attack-frivolous-time-travel-dramas.html

Actually jedd there is a huge spoiler in the Moffat quote if you read it carefully..........

A good man is going to die - well we know a major character is getting killed off and it has already been narrowed down so by specifying the gender it has be Rory since Matt Smith is in the whole series. Well done Mr Moffat!

Also this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...sors-attack-frivolous-time-travel-dramas.html

Actually i haven't given much thought to the whole Good man is going to die story arc, partly because i'm far more interested in the silence. but also thats a plot thread that won't be revealed until much later in the series.

Also, BBC have released a new trailer.

BBC press blurb said:
For the world is occupied by an alien force who control humanity through post-hypnotic suggestion and no one can be trusted.

They'll need sunglasses.
they-live-head.jpg