Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That isn't the chassis flexing, the civilian suspension just is that bad. Unless you heard the body groan, you weren't taxing the chassis.
And if you heard the body groaning in a car that well insulated you're probably flipping end-over-end or something equally dramatic anyway.

I am not feeling well, so that could be it :p

I'm thinking this in black or red:

hrdp_0607_fast_05_z+1971_chevy_monte_carlo+side_view.jpg
I think that's perfectly normal for any gearhead. I'd love to own that thing, gas prices be damned. Hell I'd even buy another '80s one and hope it didn't catch on fire too.

http://autovit.ro/index.php?sect=show&id=C18079847 1992 Subaru SVX with spare parts car and an extra transmission for 1900eur. Sent the owner an e-mail to find out if the car is registered here.

First of all, I believe this to be a scam. I think you will find the car is not actually located in Romania.

Secondly, the SVX is a very unwise choice. Good - it has a spare transmission, but you still have to find someone to put the damn thing in. Also finding parts for it in Romania will be nearly impossible. And the fancy windows are very costly and hard to find if someone decides to smash them.

Yeah, I know it's hard to own one. This and the Citroen CX Turbo I saw today for 1400Eur make two weird cars in one day. Good thing I'm more interested in this one for my day to day car http://www.autovit.ro/fiat-panda-C18065776.html . I think it needs one of those DIN fascia adapters though.

I <3 the Panda....I wish we'll get the car in it's current form..but sadly that'll never happen.

First of all, I believe this to be a scam. I think you will find the car is not actually located in Romania.

Secondly, the SVX is a very unwise choice. Good - it has a spare transmission, but you still have to find someone to put the damn thing in. Also finding parts for it in Romania will be nearly impossible. And the fancy windows are very costly and hard to find if someone decides to smash them.

Plus the automatic on those things will fail if it hasn't already. There is a company here is WA that sells kits/install manuals, but it is expensive and labor intensive.

Finalgear : meet the watercar Python

Ram bodypanels + headlights, a corvette engine and backend, mix together and make the whole thing amphibious........what?

watercar-python_02_S1u7k_17621.jpg

python-rick-and-girls.jpg

Last edited:
Well, got official word from my company that my office is closing. I can either choose to follow the work when it goes to Nashville, or I can quit and take the severance package I was offered - about $45,000 USD. I think I'm going to take the buyout and move back home to New Hampshire. But my Geo won't make it. Or rather, I won't make it driving 3000 miles with no cruise control. So I need some new wheels.

At first, I was thinking something practical. Something with a lot of space to carry my stuff, comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage. Then I thought, fuck practicality! When will I ever see another check as large as this one? So now I'm caught between this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/ph/phoenixsac/2011/04/04/2009_mustang_gt_review_motorauthority_001-0920-950x650.jpg

This:

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/ph/phoenixsac/2011/04/04/023532_1-lg.jpg

Or this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/ph/phoenixsac/2011/04/04/30455680011_large.jpg

(Yes, black is my favorite color: why do you ask?)

The Charger and the Crown Vic both have more room to carry stuff, but the Mustang is - well, it's a Mustang! And do I really want to find myself tied down by material possessions? The turn off for the Charger is Chrysler's iffy quality. The Crown Vic, well, I'm buying a police car, and police cars do not lead a gentle life. But it is a third of the price of the other two; so there's that.

What would you guys pick?

Get the Mustang. The only thing the others have over it is space.

Another vote for the Mustang here.

The Charger is iffy, like you said. I remember reading that Chrysler was running higher warranty costs among the big 3 and the Mercedes derived chassis used in the Charger/300/Magnum/etc was the cause.

The Crown Vic would be cool, but finding a decent Interceptor could be difficult. You could do as Spectre and get one cheap from an auction and then dump a ton of cash into it, which would be badass. I don't know, tough one.

The Crown Vic is cheaper, though. But I think I can pull more babes with a Mustang than I can with a Crown Victoria. Some of the women I date may have unpleasant memories about sitting and riding in a Crown Vic. :p

The Charger is nice, but Chargers here go for 3 to 5 thousand more than a Mustang GT. And that's if you can even find one with the Hemi. The vast majority out there are V6 powered. I could live with the 3.5 HO if I had to, but the base 2.7 liter engine is a dog.

Then the answer is clear, Mustang! You'll have more fun in that Mustang on some twisty New Hampshire roads than either of those other cars.

Last edited:
That is true. I might even test my brother Dan's theory that you can get from Wolfeboro to Meredith faster in a car than a boat by challenging my stepdad to a race!

Hmm... sounds like a Final Gear challenge! Which is the fastest way to travel: by car or by boat?
How hard can it be? :clarkson:

Last edited:
That is true. I might even test my brother Dan's theory that you can get from Wolfeboro to Meredith faster in a car than a boat by challenging my stepdad to a race!

Hmm... sounds like a Final Gear challenge! Which is the fastest way to travel: by car or by boat?
How hard can it be? :clarkson:

...just get a boat that can average 25 knots.

PS: 7 minutes by ferry, 34 minutes by car

Last edited: