Primer: 2-6 pumps (as required) Note: this does not mean 26 pumps. :lol:

Engine Fire During Start:

Starter - Crank Engine
Mixture - Idle Cut-off
Throttle - Open
Electric Fuel Pump - Off
Fuel Selector - Off
Abandon if fire continues.

Who says Military pilots have the market cornered on crazy?

Not sure if this one has been posted, but speaking of following the checklist:

[youtube]TYhrpA0tmBQ[/youtube]

And for the record, the tail number (as you can see in the video) was OY-JET. The owner replaced it with a Citation Sovereign registered as OY-WET

Not sure if this one has been posted, but speaking of following the checklist:

* Demise of OY-JET Video *

And for the record, the tail number (as you can see in the video) was OY-JET. The owner replaced it with a Citation Sovereign registered as OY-WET

Yup checklist are there for a reason, bad way to see a nice plane get written off, what an idiot.

Aviation Safety Db - OY-JET Accident

Aviation Safety Db said:
PROBABLE CAUSE: "The pilot's improper decision to plan a flight to a runway of insufficient length, his improper in-flight decision to land on that inadequate runway with a tailwind, and his failure to obtain the proper touchdown point. A factor in the accident was the tailwind condition."

What would have caused the engine spool up? :?

What would have caused the engine spool up? :?

Again, improper checklists. From what I understand, he pulled the power levers all the way back to fuel cutoff, but in the CJ-series, to get there, you have to lift up a safety catch at the base of the levers and lift them OVER the fuel indent (I've flown one). Unfortunately, on one or both, he didn't pull them OVER the fuel indent, and actually BENT the lever past the hump, nor did he move the fuel cocks to the off position, ergo fuel was never shut off. So, engines stopped, but fuel was still on. Either a breeze turned the fan core enough to get compression or the ignition of fuel in the combustion chamber spooled it up enough to get it started. Humorous, but scary for those around it, for sure!

Fucking ants!!

Anyone else notice the wind change at around 0:20?

Wow that is wicked cool...

I have my first ever flying lesson in a Cessna 152 tomorrow... I really can't wait :D

Welcome to the club! I can still remember my first lesson like it was yesterday. Enjoy it and best of luck.

Speaking of lessons I'm 12 hours away from my first cross country in a foreign land. It should be an interesting experience with open water and ATC that speaks less than perfect English.

Very large maze
[youtube]39eq5lgq9TA[/youtube]

they all arrive, none leaves? they're stacking planes there or sth?

there is one that leaves (around 20s) but it just makes a loop and returns...

they all arrive, none leaves? they're stacking planes there or sth?

there is one that leaves (around 20s) but it just makes a loop and returns...
They all arrive, their cargo is sorted and then the planes are loaded with new cargo and leave again.

I have my first ever flying lesson in a Cessna 152 tomorrow... I really can't wait :D

Good luck! And most important of all, have fun. :D