Minecraft

I think Minecraft 1.5 beta is being released next week. (To go along with the announcement that Minecraft will be out of beta on 11/11/11.)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=269323&sid=3435b6d6ec2cdd1cb429b879b465df6d

I hope they fix the bug I've been having on my desktop. After some walking around exploring the game will crash on me randomly. I won't even be doing anything else, just walking, and it crashes. (It doesn't do this on my 3 year old laptop seemingly, just my desktop.)

Also I can't wait for some of the stuff he's adding. The different saplings will be a nice change as well as weather effects.
Could be due to your "View Distance" set as "Far". Try changing to "Normal".

Mine is doing that too. Originally I thought it was because I was using a texture pack that hadn't been upgraded to 1.4 compatibility, but it still does it without the texture pack. When I used the patcher and pressed "test minecraft" it read it as a "ran out memory" error. I've mostly noticed it happens when I was out looking for a wolf pack. Not sure if its just because its having to load the world faster when I'm just roaming around, or if it happens just as the wolf pack is being spawned. I know the rules say they only spawn within 24 blocks of you, which is the only reason I can think it might be the issue.

Its ok though, I usually use it as a my signal that I should go do something else instead. The pet wolf thing is kinda cool since I'm a dog person, but its kind of a gimick and gets kind of annoying after a while. Nice for hunting and gather of animal parts though.

I installed 64 bit java and the game stopped crashing randomly.

I think Minecraft 1.5 beta is being released next week. (To go along with the announcement that Minecraft will be out of beta on 11/11/11.)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=269323&sid=3435b6d6ec2cdd1cb429b879b465df6d

I hope they fix the bug I've been having on my desktop. After some walking around exploring the game will crash on me randomly. I won't even be doing anything else, just walking, and it crashes. (It doesn't do this on my 3 year old laptop seemingly, just my desktop.)

Also I can't wait for some of the stuff he's adding. The different saplings will be a nice change as well as weather effects.

Yay :D I'm totally changing all the regular wood on my house to 'darkwood' then. (given that I'm understanding what they mean)

Last edited:
Mine is doing that too. Originally I thought it was because I was using a texture pack that hadn't been upgraded to 1.4 compatibility, but it still does it without the texture pack. When I used the patcher and pressed "test minecraft" it read it as a "ran out memory" error. I've mostly noticed it happens when I was out looking for a wolf pack. Not sure if its just because its having to load the world faster when I'm just roaming around, or if it happens just as the wolf pack is being spawned. I know the rules say they only spawn within 24 blocks of you, which is the only reason I can think it might be the issue.

Its ok though, I usually use it as a my signal that I should go do something else instead. The pet wolf thing is kinda cool since I'm a dog person, but its kind of a gimick and gets kind of annoying after a while. Nice for hunting and gather of animal parts though.
Actually, I think 32 bit java was the problem. I installed 64 bit Java so I'm going to try it out and see how it works. I may have been running 32 bit. That works fine on my laptop since it's a 32 bit system, but the desktop is 64 bit.

Actually, I think 32 bit java was the problem. I installed 64 bit Java so I'm going to try it out and see how it works. I may have been running 32 bit. That works fine on my laptop since it's a 32 bit system, but the desktop is 64 bit.

Yeah, running 64-bit java seems to be imperative when using a 64-bit Windows.

What was strange is that it was fine for 1.4. I only started seeing crashes in 1.4_01.

Also it hasn't crashed so I guess it fixed it. (I was playing while the board software was updating.)

Mine crashed when I was running 32-bit XP and still does it now I'm running 64-bit 7 even with with the appropriate Java installed.

Makes the game pretty unplayable when you are in a crowded area, I can only play for about 5-10 mins if I am in Finalgearistan before it just dies on me. :(

Have you trued fiddling with the View settings?
Or changing the priority in Task Manager.

I am finding no problems on my Mac with 1.4, and the Mac doesn't use Sun's Java. Instead its the weird Apple Java.

I am finding no problems on my Mac with 1.4, and the Mac doesn't use Sun's Java. Instead its the weird Apple Java.

Yeah, I've never had trouble with OS X java and Minecraft, only 32-bit java on 64-bit Windows.

Yay finished my Top Gear sign after one and a half day's work:

IVCp9.png

If you want to see it, just type /warp topgear

I'm trying to think of what to build next, does anyone have any ideas? I'd love to collaborate on something too :)

Cool sign, out of curiosity what's the blue? I need that shade for the soon-to-be-Fukushima

Ice would be a similar color, but I suspect it would also be considerably more difficult to work with.:p

i'm surprised no one has come up with the idea of a Minecraft version of the Top Gear track with minecarts.

Boats would work better, because you can actually control them.

I AM GOING TO DO THAT. Or at least try, then probably fail and leave someone else to do it better.

I'm planning a Mount Topmore, Mount Rushmore only with the presenters heads, only need to figure out how to scale it.

I'm planning a Mount Topmore, Mount Rushmore only with the presenters heads, only need to figure out how to scale it.

Fuck man, I was thinking the same thing today! I'd love to help if you need any :)

Also, why not the three presenters plus the Stig? That'd bring it to 4 heads, so it'd be more similar to Mt. Rushmore.

Last edited: