2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

Renault is doing great from the drivers all the way to the engineers, they are definitely and literally the dark horses for this season. I'm glad to see them edging out McLaren.

One thing I find most annoying about Vettel is that after he parks the car after winning a GP, he gets out, stands on the top, touches his toes, then after 2 seconds, pumps his hands up. Same thing with the trophy. It's such a deliberate move and it's quite annoying.

Renault is doing great from the drivers all the way to the engineers, they are definitely and literally the dark horses for this season. I'm glad to see them edging out McLaren.

Edging out McLaren in what sense?

As a premiere well rounded team.

You're hilarious.

In other others:

April 10, 2011 ? The Executive Committee of the Formula One Teams? Association (FOTA) held its first 2011 meeting in Sepang and confirmed Martin Whitmarsh, Team Principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, as its Chairman for the year 2011. He will now be supported by Eric Boullier, Team Principal and Managing Director of Lotus Renault GP as Vice Chairman of the association, replacing Stefano Domenicali. Christian Horner, Team Principal of Red Bull Racing, stays on as Chairman of the Sporting Regulations Working Group, while Aldo Costa, Technical Director of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, will be the new Chairman of the Technical Regulations Working Group, replacing Ross Brawn.

http://www.theracedriver.com/2011/04/changes-at-fota-formula-one-teams-association/

You're really just coming here to troll, are you?

Red Bull should set up a "test your strength" thing outside their garage, with one of their wings bolted to the wall with a sign saying 'make it flex' next to it.

After all, Red Bull gives you wings.

I'm being serious. I see Renault doing better than McLaren this season, which will be very nice to see.

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I know this is one of the most hostile boards (at times) in here so, please have mercy on me. :D

As I just finished watching the Malaysian grand prix, I have to say, this is the most action packed, most exhilarating GP in recent times. The tyres are bang on perfect. Teams are running 3 different pit strategies and I was totally overloaded trying to keep up with pit stops and tire choice the entire race, which is wonderful. This is even better than Canadian GP 2010 imo.

While there is some criticism on the DRS system but from what I've observed, it worked brilliantly. It's so lovely to see there's no more "Trulli Trains" that are bogging down the action on the track and only cars with similar pace and maybe with better tyre condition are able to overtake inside the DRS area. It replicates drafting of old really well, which is awesome, because the only drafting we see these days are "OMG I've lost all my front grip~!!!111" sort of drafting...

The only issue they have to solve now is not having one driver running away with the championship a la Mr. Shoemaker. The only way to fix this is, well, ban Newey. Haha~ anyone agree? :mrgreen:

The only issue they have to solve now is not having one driver running away with the championship a la Mr. Shoemaker. The only way to fix this is, well, ban Newey. Haha~ anyone agree? :mrgreen:

or the other teams should install some NOS :D

or the other teams should install some NOS :D

I think they should ditch that glitchy KERS and put some NOS in instead, and have them "refuel" NOS during pit stops. I miss the refueling drama. And since NOS isn't flammable, that means all the pit fun without the poof goes the fireball.

Seriously, the rest of the teams are not down on power, they're short on downforce. Look at Mercedes, they look so miserable with that package. No wonder they have the most "gain" on the DRS...<_<

Yeah I miss refueling too, it made the pit strategy that much more crucial however, with the introduction of Pirelli and their superior tires, it has brought some of that back.

Renault is also doing better than us, mate, why are you trying to shoot yourself in the foot?

I know they are. Our problem is with qualifying, I think the F150 is a good base not saying that there isn't work to be done but the quali is really holding us back. That's why I miss fuel strategy.