I want candy... dun dada dada dun dun... I want candy

Mhhhhh yoghurt gums... that reminds me:

Only in Europe...sadly.. :wub:

In other news, i bought this today:

charleston+Chew.jpg

Love these, never had them frozen though o_O

Last edited:
The wrapper is quite different over here.

1831478_large.jpg

I bought one a couple of months ago (vanilla) and I noticed the "try it frozen!" label too. I tried it and it sucked, the nougat just shattered into grossness with every bite.

I suppose you need to just put it in the fridge for maybe 20 minutes or something, just so as to cool it a bit.

Last edited:
Nougat is delicious in combination with marzipan.

1379_0.jpg

f_754_zentis_belnuga_layout_1cc3d9c0.jpg

I've never tried marzipan before...

There's actually an Iranian variety of nougat as well. It's made with copious amounts of I believe rosewater, I'm not a big fan.

Edit: Apparently it's not rosewater but some kind of tree sap that they make it with.

Last edited:
I've never tried marzipan before...

You're not missing anything. It's an almond paste disguised as candy.

There's actually an Iranian variety of nougat as well. It's made with copious amounts of I believe rosewater, I'm not a big fan.

Edit: Apparently it's not rosewater but some kind of tree sap that they make it with.

From wikipedia:
Marzipan is a confection consisting primarily of sugar and almond meal. Some marzipan is flavored with rosewater

Oh, look what's in the supermarket shelves here this year for Easter:

5620545292_e3c7ed4712_o.jpg

It's the same as Kinder Surprise eggs, only bigger, in shape of an Easter Bunny and without the surprise inside. Yummy :)

It's the same as Kinder Surprise eggs, only bigger, in shape of an Easter Bunny and without the surprise inside. Yummy :)

...wait isn't that nothing like a Kinder Surprise egg.....:p

It's the same chocolate inside :D

It's the same chocolate inside :D

We have a M&M bunny that follows the same concept:

91IYpEJv2QL._AA1500_.jpg

Regular bunny but made of the same chocolate used in M&M's. I bought one yesterday and was disappointed that it wasn't made up of a bunch of randomly colored M&M's crunched and molded in the shape of a bunny (hard shells and everything) as the feel of the candy through the foil suggested. :(

Why not just buy the Kinder chocolate bars then? Those are the same chocolate as the Surprise eggs (and mighty tasty in mein opinion).

Personally I'm not that interested in Easter candies, I guess because I didn't grow up celebrating it, it was just another day off school for me. The only Easter candy I like are the Cadbury Popping Mini Eggs, I think I posted those a few pages back.

Why not just buy the Kinder chocolate bars then? Those are the same chocolate as the Surprise eggs (and mighty tasty in mein opinion).

It is mighty tasty but not the same kind of chocolate. The Surprise chocolate is a layer of milk chocolate attached to a layer of white chocolate, while the Kinder chocolate bars have a milk creme filling, not white chocolate.

Seriously? Even though the bars have much more white than the Kinder Surprise I could swear it was the same two types of chocolate. I always preferred the eggs to the bars, but I figured this was probably because of the more equal ratio of milk to white chocolate in the eggs...

This is my latest loot of candy; I love Tim Tams so much... my dad brought some back from NZ one time and I was instantly hooked:

800px-Packet_of_Original_Tim_Tams.JPG
x2

1073y.jpg
x1

I`m going to go candy apeshit when I get to London at the end of May.... I`m seriously paying the extra bag fee so I can bring back a suitcase full of candy I can`t get here in the states...

Seriously? Even though the bars have much more white than the Kinder Surprise I could swear it was the same two types of chocolate. I always preferred the eggs to the bars, but I figured this was probably because of the more equal ratio of milk to white chocolate in the eggs...

:nod: the white bit in the Kinder bars is not chocolate.