Beer

It affects the taste adversely for the Taddy Porter beer. Just saying - 4 deg C is the ideal temp for Porter..

Perhaps just take it out of the fridge and wait 30 mins - should be there if you have the fridge on minimum.

I know it should be cool, I choose to store it colder because I'm not storing 1 beer elsewhere. With our wine my dad has two cellar/fridges, one for white and one for red, but I'm too lazy to store some beer in a cool area and some beer in a fridge.

What do you guys think of ultralight beers like Michelob Ultra? I can drink more than just 1-2 of them (more like 3-4, then I'm too drunk to continue, haha).

What do you guys think of ultralight beers like Michelob Ultra? I can drink more than just 1-2 of them (more like 3-4, then I'm too drunk to continue, haha).

I would rather drink donkey piss. If you want a light drink at least try a weak cocktail, not that gutter water they try to pass off as beer. Ultra low cal beers are worse than super cheap frat water like Keystone Light and Natty Lite.

I would rather drink donkey piss. If you want a light drink at least try a weak cocktail, not that gutter water they try to pass off as beer. Ultra low cal beers are worse than super cheap frat water like Keystone Light and Natty Lite.

If I'm trying to absolutely minimize the caloric content of my drinks I drink vodka on the rocks. I miss beer sometimes though, which is why I tried out an ultralight. It's hard for it to taste bad when it has so little flavor though, but it was cheap.

If I'm trying to absolutely minimize the caloric content of my drinks I drink vodka on the rocks. I miss beer sometimes though, which is why I tried out an ultralight. It's hard for it to taste bad when it has so little flavor though, but it was cheap.

Why not drink a good one slowly, and savor real flavors? If you are trying to stay fit, I just limit myself to 1 good beer a night and if I drink more just put in more time in the gym. It's hard to drink well and still maintain, but it can be done.

Also I find it better to spend 10 dollars on 2 great beers, or a sixer of good beer than to spend 10 bucks on a 12 pack of shitty beer.

Last edited:
Why not drink a good one slowly, and savor real flavors? If you are trying to stay fit, I just limit myself to 1 good beer a night and if I drink more just put in more time in the gym. It's hard to drink well and still maintain, but it can be done.

Also I find it better to spend 10 dollars on 2 great beers, or a sixer of good beer than to spend 10 bucks on a 12 pack of shitty beer.

Well it's not like this Michelob Ultra I'm drinking right now tastes bad. Hard to taste bad when it barely tastes like anything at all. Even then, the very mild flavor it does have, isn't bad.

No light beer will please this bunch, especially RaptorJesus, he's a bit of a stuck-up elitist.

If you like the flavour, go for it, I say. Unless it's Bud Lite... Or Corona. That shit's just nasty.

On the other side of the scale, had a Duvel for the first time last night. Tasted like crap, but it had 8.5% alcohol. I have a feeling those two facts are somehow related.

nothing is worse than Natty lite. i dont care if its 8 bucks for a case. id rather chug antifreeze.

but yes the super low cal "beers" arent even worthy to extinghish a trashcan fire

on the occassional "quantity over quality" weekend my shit beer of choice is Coors light or if i have a extra couple of buck ill get a 24 of yuengling which gets the job done properly.

yingying hangovers suck though

nothing is worse than Natty lite. i dont care if its 8 bucks for a case. id rather chug antifreeze.

but yes the super low cal "beers" arent even worthy to extinghish a trashcan fire

on the occassional "quantity over quality" weekend my shit beer of choice is Coors light or if i have a extra couple of buck ill get a 24 of yuengling which gets the job done properly.

yingying hangovers suck though

Okay maybe not Natty Lite, but Busch light was my go to pong beer.

When I'm looking to get drunk I always go with bourbon though nowadays, it takes too many beers calorically and the same drunkenness can be achieved with just a few glasses of Makers/Buffalo Trace/Woodford.

I had a sampler pack of Schells this week, and it was going great until I got to the Deer Brand light lager. Might has well have been called Deer Piss. But it is all better now, I have Black Butte and Red Chair from Deschutes sitting in my fridge waiting for me :)

I've had a Leffe today, which proved to be a lot nicer than the Duvel I had yesterday, but couldn't even compare to the Paulaner from a can that I had afterwards. I thought Belgians made good beer.

So first you try a Duvel, wich is a strong beer for someone obviously not used to heavier stuff (atleast that is what I am getting from your posts here).....offcourse it will taste badly to u.

Toptip : in your case when trying something like a duvel, (by this I mean anything above 8%) start with some lighter stuff (same style!) first, especialy if you haven't had any beer for a few days.
Breaking in the tastebuds as it were, just one normal lager will do in the case of a Duvel, it will taste much better afterwards, a Duvel as your first beer for the night is like watering flowers with a pressure washer.
Also remember that Duvel, while respectable, is still a very commercial beer, it's hardly the pinnacle of Belgian brewing....
It's something we ship to foreigners to keep em away from the realy good stuff :tease:

Leffe : anyone considering that masse-produced-fake-'abby'-image-watered-down-oversugared-travesty a beer should be taken out back and shot.

Then I can only conclude that you must have a very strong 'German' taste in beer......I regret to inform you that sadly you are beyond all hope :p

Light beers run around 100 calories. Guinness Draught is 125 or something, Sunset Wheat is around 170, and high gravity beers are 200-300. Figure a shot of vodka is 60 or so calories, plus your getting much less protein and good stuff from the light beers and spirits.

The only really good alcohol for you is dry red wine, the benefits really outweigh any sugar. Either way I'll take beer made from barley, wheat, water, yeast and hops, rather than the Macro lager route with rice, corn and preservatives.

On the other side of the scale, had a Duvel for the first time last night. Tasted like crap, but it had 8.5% alcohol. I have a feeling those two facts are somehow related.

I'm no beer expert but from my experience a Duvel hides its high alcohol content very well, which makes it a very dangerous beer.....

If I was independently wealthy I would bathe in Duvel. The Belgians certainly don't need a festival of fat Americans every year to show the world how good their beers are.